Brookdale Galleria | Nursing Home

2929 Post Oak Blvd., Houston, TX, 77056

Top nearby Nursing Homes

Reviews of Brookdale Galleria | Nursing Home

Ann106545050 February 22, 2015

He is at Broodale Galleria in Houston, Texas. It has skilled nursing, assisted living, and independent living. It is a very nice place. It is very clean and nice looking. The care has been very good. The nurses are good, and the food is good. I don't have really anything bad to say about it. I would recommend this to other seniors. My father is in the skilled nursing so he is more limited. For him they have bingo and ice cream socials.

Brookchase February 05, 2015

My mother was in skilled nursing after a stroke for rehabilitation. The nurses were ok but most of the aides were lazy and scolded my mom if she went to the bathroom in her diaper. She would ring for the nurse or aid and sometimes it took 15 minutes or longer for them to show up. Also, the food was terrible to the point where I would have to bring her lunch just so she would eat. I would not send her back there.

shocked and dismayed December 18, 2014

I feel compelled to write this review, because this facility has a lot of work to get the 5 star rating I saw on the hospital list of recommendations. The nurses and CNAs are great! The place is clean. My mother only saw the resident doctor once after she was there 4 weeks and he stopped by early one morning for about 5 min. The place was undergoing an ownership change which made it worse. The supervisor wouldn't speak with me regarding my concerns and positive suggestions. They changed out her furniture with her in the room. She watched them load her things into plastic bags which were thrown on the floor where they sat for at least 12 hours waiting for her to ask for help to hang them back up. Her bed was changed and they forgot the bedrails! She couldn't get up by herself for more than 2 weeks without bedrails. Rehab services were not given to everyone on weekends, so she stayed in bed all weekend in diapers. The food was HORRIBLE and often nothing was served to her. No one bothered to check on her or noticed she went without meals. The nutritionists yelled at us when they were reprimanded and we got the blame daily. When interviewing the facilities, the various directors seemed so loving and caring, and even gave their cell numbers so we could reach them anytime 24/7. They didnt answer or return calls amd were nowhere to be found when needed. The social services department released my mother, who still couldn't walk or go to the bathroom by herself, to go home without assessment or inspections of home safety environment. She has not had proper medicare supervision since she went home 2 weeks ago. No shower, no walker, no wheelchair, no potty chair, no support. We have called 4 times in 7 days! I would NOT recommend this facility to anyone I love!

We deeply regret that we were unable to meet your expectations. Please be assured that the safety and well-being of our residents is our first priority and we share their concerns as well as the concerns of their families and friends. We will share and review your feedback to better serve our residents in the future.

concerned-son May 14, 2012

The nurses were excellent, the administration was uncaring and the doctor took 14 days to sign my father's death certificate. He sat in a refrigerator.

From Brookdale Galleria

Brookdale Galleria provides a full range of choices for today's seniors. Choosing a senior living community represents a lifestyle choice and we understand that our residents are choosing much more than a comfortable living environment to call home. Our Brookdale community delivers Inspired Independent Living, with the promise of Exceptional Experiences Everyday. In choosing this community, our residents have made a conscious lifestyle decision designed to deliver enhanced opportunities for pursuing health and life fulfillment through the exceptional services, amenities and opportunities we offer. And, our residents can rest assured that as their needs change we provide a variety of ancillary services and a Personalized Assisted Living environment that encourages our residents to continue to live as they please while respecting individual preferences.

Location of Brookdale Galleria