Brookdale Asheville Walden Ridge

4 Walden Ridge Drive, Asheville, NC, 28803

Reviews of Brookdale Asheville Walden Ridge

Caring74955250 December 30, 2013

Clare Bridge was very nice and very enjoyable. It was the nicest place in the area. The rooms were fine.

Pat1714 August 28, 2013

I have already moved my parent and she is in Clare Bridge of Asheville. She has been there for about three weeks now. Their staff is very attentive, nice and seems to really care for the residents there. They are trying to get them to do as much as they are able to do and be more independent as they can be, so they can retain as much dignity as they can. I'm very pleased with this facility.

Janet23 July 12, 2013

I still haven't found an appropriate facility just yet, but I did like Clare Bridge of Asheville for my mother. What I like best about this facility was that they just seemed to have a very effective and organized program. Also the place was very beautiful and clean. Their staff seemed very caring and competent. This facility would be a good place to put her in and I think she would like it here too; however, in talking with my family, they decided it was too expensive and I have to agree.

Rebecca G May 01, 2013

Clare Bridge was an answer to our prayers. They offered my father a safe place to live, where he was loved and accepted for himself. Through each stage of dementia, they would always find a loving way to deal with what ever was going on with him. He was treated with dignity and they encouraged him to keep doing the life skills that he could. I was impressed when they adapted the same menu that others were served into finger foods, so that he could feed himself. He was encouraged to participate in activities. The staff has specific training to handle residents with memory issues. We were in 3 other facilities before Clare Bridge, and they were so deficient in their ability to care for persons with dementia. I will always be thankful for the staff that always tried with dad to help him have small moments of sucess and that each day be the best that it could be. I was impressed that it wasn't just my dad that I witnessed this care given but all the residents. They also helped us as a family to understand better the disease of Alzheimers and they lovingly cared for us as well. I only wish all facilities could receive the training that Clare Bridge requires of their staff. I will always be thankful for our time in this facility because I know my dad felt that he was genuinely loved and cared for.

From Brookdale Asheville Walden Ridge

At Brookdale Asheville Walden Ridge we know that memory losses due to Alzheimer's disease and other forms of dementia are progressive and residents' needs are continually changing. That's why we provide balance in our residents' capabilities, personalities, and preferences to create daily routines that enhance their spirits and increase their sense of purpose. We believe the amount of satisfaction our Alzheimer's and dementia care residents receive from the tasks that fill their days goes a long way to maintaining their sense of purpose and overall satisfaction with life. An integral part of this is our promise to encourage each resident to find Daily Moments of Success. To help our residents achieve these moments, our associates receive the tools and training needed in such key areas as specialized dining and the ongoing monitoring of healthcare and behavioral needs, to name a few.

We provide Alzheimer's and dementia care residents with the lifestyle, housing, and services they need in comfortable surroundings combined with the amenities, programs, and care to help stimulate recognition, recall, and wellness in a safe environment. Through years of caring for individuals with dementia, our professional care staff has learned to create optimal surroundings and approaches to care. Familiar environments that our residents have enjoyed throughout their lives are recreated to help them feel reassured and comfortable. The Alzheimer's and dementia care programs at Brookdale Asheville Walden Ridge are built to embrace, not restrict our residents' desire to wander and to provide a sense of belonging.

Features of Brookdale Asheville Walden Ridge