Parkwood Meadows

310 Chisholm Trl, Round Rock, TX, 78681

Reviews of Parkwood Meadows

Anonymous122285850 April 24, 2016

Parkwood Meadows is top notch, clean, and well maintained with a homey feeling. I like the food, and the people working there were fine.

Glenda17 February 29, 2016

My dad has already moved into Parkwood Meadows. It’s nice, clean, and cheerful. It’s a studio apartment, which is just one room, a bathroom, and a kitchenette. The staff is quite efficient. They have a daily schedule of activities and things, transportation to and from places, three meals a day, and that sort of thing. Some days are better than others, but the food is nice; it’s just the taste of picky eaters.

Zuma October 31, 2015

I chose Parkwood Meadows for my husband, and he will be moving in soon. The rooms were large, and it seemed to be a very nice facility. The staff knows each individual resident, and their price was probably one of the better ones.

Patricia93168350 October 28, 2015

I visited Parkwood Meadows for my father-in-law's cousin. It wasn't quite what she needed, even though it was very nice. They had all the accommodations, the rooms were very nice, and the people were very nice. Also the outdoor courtyard area was nice.

Caring109246850 July 31, 2015

Parkwood is less in price than assisted living, and basically they provided the same amenities. They are very friendly and helpful. The rooms were nicely laid out, well-lit, and comfortable. The feature that got me the most was they offer an upfront fee for a lifetime.

Caring107233550 March 07, 2015

The staff is very helpful and very encouraging to my mom. If they don't see her out participating in the activities, they will find her and encourage her to participate, and even the residents will come looking for her. They have everything from group exercises to a wonderful library, computer time, and groups that come and sing. They have a beauty shop, arts and crafts, and puzzles -- just a large variety of things for the residents to participate in. They also have activities that they transport the residents to off the facility as well. For example, my mom likes to garden, so if they wanted to do something they have transportation to where they can get them to the local park where there is a city activity going on that was sponsored by the City Park Recreation Department. They have seated dining, it is restaurant type sitting, and the residents have a two-hour window to be served. The food quality is really good. Probably the toughest thing for her to get used to was that the assigned time to eat. They don't have assigned seating, but finding the right chair that was not somebody else's place was a little challenging. Eventually, she got that all figured out. She ended up with a one-bedroom; she has tiles in the kitchen and the living area, carpeting in her bedroom, and tiles in her bathroom, and that has been the best choice for her. She has a little outside sitting patio with a little fenced in area for her dog. The area is not huge, but it is big enough. She feels very safe and very secure. She is on the ground floor, and she does have a back door, but she doesn’t feel at all in jeopardy. The whole facility is in a very secure area, and there are nightly patrols. It is a very quiet little area, and when guests come in, of course, there is always a receptionist right there at the front to greet them. We are very happy with Parkwood Meadows.

Caring87961050 July 31, 2014

I chose Parkwood Meadows for my parents for its cost, location, and what they promised, but they had a lot of broken promises. The staff were friendly and as far as activities they were good. The rooms were standard and we had lot of problems faced. My parents didn’t like the food and they would go down the dining room once a day only.

Caring81957650 June 30, 2014

I am really happy at Parkwood Meadows. It is so clean, I wouldn't be here unless I was impressed with how clean it is. I have a big room, living room, and a kitchenette. I think it’s just fine. I have two dogs with me. The place is really good.

Caring81811350 April 01, 2014

Park Meadows is independent living, so they're responsible for their own laundry. The staff is good. They do have someone come in and change the bed sheets, towels, and do some minor housekeeping, which was very helpful. The housekeeper is a lovely lady. My parents get three meals a day. I wouldn't say the food is outstanding, but it's fine. The rooms are good. There are a lot of floor plans. It's very bright and cheerful, with a lot of windows and a skylight. They did a lot of decorating. Pretty much, you can do anything you want there. They organize games, exercises, puzzles, and music. Just that my parents are not going to do it. I like that it is the right size apartment, it's a good price, and it's very close to my home.

Caring72831850 October 28, 2013

My aunt is now at Parkwood Meadows and we were not impressed with them. When we visited, there was not one single person in the lobby or the hallways, which we thought was odd. The woman that we met with was actually nice. She and her husband lived in an apartment on site, which I thought was very nice. My aunt had a studio and her daughter had done a lot to give it a homey feeling. We looked at a two-bedroom unit and the finishes in the apartments were not what we would be looking for. They used vinyl, which they made to looked like a wooden floor but it was clearly fake and made it looked cheap. It would have been better if it had a floor tile. There were several things that we did not like. It had common washer/drier area and it had no stove in the kitchen. If I would choose a place, I would want to able to bake some cookies or make some soup. If I remember correctly, we were told that their shuttle bus was not handicapped accessible which I found to be very odd since normally people in that age group use walkers, scooters, or wheelchairs.

Aileen49 September 27, 2013

Parkwood meadows is pretty expensive. It serves breakfast, lunch and dinner. It's more like an old folk's home. There are a lot of sick people there. I wouldn't want to live there.

George38 September 18, 2013

We had a good time at Parkwood Meadows, everything was fine. The staff were wonderful. They had good food and had all kinds of activities all day.

Geraldine1 April 23, 2013

Parkwood Meadows is a full service facility and is a fantastic place. They have a certified chef. The apartment was spacious and they have enough storage for things you didn't have room for. I love the bedrooms because they are big. They have a living room, kitchenette and a patio. They invited me for different activities like the Easter Egg Hunt. I loved it there and it's really nice. But it's something financially out of my reach. I would recommend it to people though. You have nothing to do except get up, dress, walk the grounds and eat breakfast. You get three meals a day prepared for you. And they're healthy meals! They have a place for activities and they even have an elevator. If you have retirement income along with social security, I would highly recommend Parkwood Meadows. They even have an arrangement with other cities where you can stay if you go on vacation.

From Parkwood Meadows

Parkwood Meadows is located in Round Rock, TX, providing a vibrant backdrop for your new life as a valued member of our caring community.

So come to Parkwood Meadows for a visit...and stay!

Features of Parkwood Meadows

• Hiking trails

• Meals delivered to residents' rooms
  • Dining extra: Private dining room