Brookdale North Raleigh

1200 Carlos Drive, Raleigh, NC, 27609

Top nearby Independent Living Communities

Reviews of Brookdale North Raleigh

Donna111610550 August 14, 2015

Brookdale North Raleigh was a nice place, but the expense and everything was just too much. Everybody was nice. They had a nice, big cafeteria, and the people were doing what they need to do. My complaint is more with the cost; everything else is fine. It is just the cost that I believe is too much.

Rhona1 June 29, 2015

Brookdale North Raleigh was gorgeous. It was beautiful. It was some place I would love to be, but I couldn't afford their prices. However, everything that she showed me was very nice.

The staff was wonderful. They were really sweet. There was a misunderstanding about me being there. I thought I should have been at another place, and I came unexpected, but they jumped right into the situation and showed me everything that I would enjoy. The things that really stood out were the dining room and the pool. I loved the idea of having a pool.

I wasn't that crazy about the traffic out on the street, but when you were in the apartment, you wouldn't hear any street noise, and I loved that. I had a little dog, and they hada beautiful place to walk your dog. I just felt like I walked into a grand hotel. I was not into carpet, but the carpet that they had was high grade, and it made you feel like that you were in a fine hotel.

Caring106270150 May 04, 2015

I visited Brookdale. It was a good place, but my father has dementia, and I don't think this facility would fit him quite well. It was clean and decent, and I like this community, but it was not what I'm thinking will fit my father. It looked clean, and everybody looked happy. I talked to a few people there, and they looked happy. I think it has a good location, and it is nearby groceries. It is in a nice location.

Caring104553550 April 25, 2015

My mother is at Brookdale. She has been there probably three and a half years to four years now. Brookdale is very nice. It is clean. The lobby is very nice. I've eaten there quite a bit, and the food is decent. The apartments are nice. They're average size. My mother has a one-bedroom, one-bath. It is adequate. It has a full kitchen. She is 90, so for her, it is just fine. The staff is very nice and very accommodating. They're really caring about the residents. They get involved with them. They do a lot of cook-offs -- e.g., like around the holidays, they'll do a pie contest and they'll do a chili cook-off. They do a lot of different things. The dining room is very clean and very spacious. The food is adequate. They have the beauty parlor. They have the in-house doctor that they can call and come in. I'm impressed by the general layout of the location. It is convenient to where my sister lives. Security seems adequate.

Dick13 April 22, 2015

Brookdale North Raleigh is like a hotel. If you need medical services, all people will come in and help you. They have various activities for the residents. The staff is very good. The rooms are good and very comfortable.

Caring79552950 January 30, 2015

At Heritage of Raleigh, they all appeared luxurious and nice, but the halls were so far to walk, and that's a problem. I don't like to walk to do laundry, so we would prefer a laundry in our apartment. Those two were the big things. Everybody was fine, the people were all very lovely, and we haven't met people that would be objectionable.

renab September 29, 2014

My mother lived at the Heritage until she needed more assistance that they could provide. When she first moved there the food was pretty good. It continued to get worse and worse as time went on. My husband and I would eat with her from time to time just to see how it was. And trust me it was bad. This past New Years Eve we went over and ate with her and mine was so bad, I could not finish it. The next day I emailed the director and told him of my experience and my concern, because mom did not want to eat there. I got NO response at all. We moved her to another facility a couple of months later because the level of care she needed was just not doable the way they are set up. Some of the staff are very good and there are some that aren't. There were only a couple of the CNA's that were good to mom, the rest were just so-so at best.

We deeply regret that we were unable to meet all of your expectations. We want to thank you for your feedback and please know it will be reviewed and used to better serve our residents and their families in the future.

sm1122 June 25, 2014

My personal experience at The Heritage Raleigh has been very rewarding for the past 6-1/2 years. Instead of narrowing my focus, it has expanded my horizon. Before coming here, I had never painted before. Now, thanks to a latent talent and a good teacher, I enjoy painting each week. I have expanded my repertoire of playing the piano to the point where I can entertain the residents. Moreover, thanks to a wonderful staff, I enjoy a peace of mind that I did not have before coming here and that is having a positive effect on my overall health. My family is very appreciative of the harmonious atmosphere created by the staff. For all these reasons I can highly recommend The Heritage Raleigh as an Independent Living Community.

Caring84293150 May 20, 2014

Heritage was an older facility, but it was kept up quite well. I was not impressed with the staff. They were rude. We got off to a bad start, and it didn't get better. It was a little pricey.

Karen82059850 December 31, 2013

It was very nice at the Heritage of Raleigh. The employees were great. I thought the rooms were really nice. Their activities include exercises, games, movies, and swimming. The people who live there are very happy. I would recommend this facility.

Rosemarie5 October 22, 2013

Heritage of Raleigh is a nice place and the people are pleasant. However, my husband's aunt has been there for 7 years and she complains repeatedly about the food that it's cold or whatever. They don't respond quickly to her requests, however, she's 90 years old and she becomes a pain in the area. She has 24/7 access to aides which she pays on a separate bill from the room and board. They're not overly responsive but then again, she's a crotchety 90 year old. So I wouldn't downgrade the facility all that much.

Gwyn1 September 23, 2013

The facility was very good. The staff was very nice and it had a very friendly and pleasant atmosphere.

May251 August 30, 2013

My husband's aunt is in Heritage of Raleigh for seven years now. She's in a nice and roomy studio apartment. They have activities like bingo, cross word puzzles and they have an indoor pool. However, she's not satisfied. She's diabetic and they do not cater for special menus. She gets the same meal week after week. She has aides 24 hours, 7 days a week and sometimes she gets someone who is rude. But by enlarge they are okay.

Michelle32 August 28, 2013

I visited Heritage of Raleigh, which was in my area. The rooms were very clean and nice. The people were very friendly and I liked the fact that it had a lot of activities. It had a pool. It had a game room. It had a billiard room. It had a cafe and a number of nice amenities.

Caring615 July 29, 2013

I visited Heritage of Raleigh but they did not have anything available at that moment. I thought the place was very nice, I liked the appearance of the dining room. However, I did not like the way the laundry rooms were situated. The staff were accommodating when i went there. They showed me the apartment, I thought the rooms were small and the kitchens could use a little renovation. They also showed me the gym, exercise room, swimming pool and cafe where you bought lunch. But at the time of my visit, I did not saw anyone doing anything.

Donna25 July 25, 2013

Heritage of Raleigh was very nice. The facility was clean. Their rooms were very nice. With regard to their staff, as far as I can tell, they seemed fine to me. It looked like they care about their patients. It was a beautiful facility but way too expensive for me.

Bobs Better Half July 11, 2013

We have been extremely pleased with the services provided by the Heritage. I would give it 10 stars if I could. The food is great and there are a lot of activities and entertainment. Most importantly, the staff is genuinely caring, compassionate and attentive. We could not have asked for a better place for my father. I have recommended to several friends that the Heritage is the best place for any relative to live.

tom16 March 21, 2013

We chose The Heritage partly because we talked to one of the advisors from Caring.com and they seemed to be more available to provide assistance for my mother in law. The place is very nice and they had rooms available. Their aides were always available and my mother-in-law likes it a lot. We've eaten there several times and their food was very good.

Tabitha2 August 28, 2012

There is always something happening at the Heritage - from guest musicians to ice cream socials, it seems like there's lots to do. The facilities remind me of an upscale hotel, and the apartments are cozy. The staff is extremely kind and accommodating. My grandmother enjoys living here, and I'm happy knowing that she's in a great place.

spirit727 July 01, 2012

My in-laws have stayed at the Heritage for a year and I am still impresed everytime i visit as well as enjoy their food and entertainment!!! Top rate! Staff ALWAYS professional and respectful to everyone!!!

kathy50 June 22, 2012

When my mother was diagnosed with early stage Alzheimers Disease, she decided to sell her big house and move to an independent living facility. We "test drove" several places, but kept coming back to the Heritage because it just felt like home.

Mom described her five years there as some of the happiest time of her life. It seemed like a cross between a college dorm and a small village. The building itself was well-appointed and convenient to shopping and dining. The dining room had the feel of a country club rather than an institution; dinner was ordered from the menu, with many choices and several courses. The food was well-prepared and very appetizing.

The many amenities were evident, beginning with the entrance, where a concierge was on duty 24 hours a day. On the premises were swimming pool and exercise rooms, a craft and activity room, a cafe, hairdresser, game room and all-purpose entertainment rooms. The building was well staffed, but not intrusively so. The apartments came in several sizes to meet the requirements of people with differing financial means and needs for space.

What most impressed me about my mother's stay at The Heritage, was how responsive they were to her gradually declining health. As her disease progressed, she was able to have physical therapy, cognitive therapy, and informal monitoring from on-site staff. Her dignity and quality of life were of top concern, and it was not until she began to wander and get lost, that she had to leave for her own safety.

I would recommend The Heritage of Raleigh to anyone who wants the best in independent living in a caring environment.

CheerioGirl February 25, 2012

The Heritage of Raleigh is a true diamond in the rough. It isn't just a retirement home, it's a community and you can feel that when you walk through the doors. From the incredible facilities, to the outstanding staff, to the multitude of opportunities for activities, there is nothing the Heritage leaves in limbo. The Heritage has a huge pat on the back from me for their truly amazing contributions to so many seniors lives.

chrisdel1982 June 29, 2011

I really enjoy visiting this facility. The dining room is massive and gives you the feeling like you are going to be dining with royalty! The meals are as if you are dining at a five star place! The meals are superb and the cuisine is the best in the triad. The staff is very respectful to both residents and visitor's. While there, staff take moments of their time to make sure each resident gets one on one time. I saw a social worker use her own personal money to treat a resident to an ice cream treat! These "small" acts of kindness are a regular activity at this facility.

jgflea June 09, 2011

Friend or relative of resident

I recently visited this facility to deliver flowers to a friend and really liked the setup. While mostly an independent living facility, I was glad to learn that they also offer 24 hour monitoring, wonderful dining options, a nice fitness center and a pool and sauna. They contract locally to provide assisted living services for residents while recovering from an illness or hospitalization and they have a wellness clinic on the campus. I sat in the café for a while with my friend and noticed that the staff was very helpful and showed a level of care and compassion not often seen at some facilities. The facility was very neat and clean and had a calendar of events that looked packed with fun things to do. I really liked this facility and would be glad to recommend it to others looking for a place to retire.

From Brookdale North Raleigh

Brookdale North Raleigh provides a full range of choices for today's seniors. Choosing a senior living community represents a lifestyle choice and we understand that our residents are choosing much more than a comfortable living environment to call home. Our Brookdale community delivers Inspired Independent Living, with the promise of Exceptional Experiences Everyday. In choosing this community, our residents have made a conscious lifestyle decision designed to deliver enhanced opportunities for pursuing health and life fulfillment through the exceptional services, amenities and opportunities we offer.

Our Optimum Life® and Celebrations programs provide an all-encompassing way of life that touches our residents, their families and associates alike. Optimum Life® is a journey of self-discovery including services, features and benefits that allow each resident to pursue their peak level of health, wholeness and fulfillment while balancing six key dimensions of personal wellness: emotional, intellectual, physical, social, spiritual and purposeful. As part of Optimum Life® we encourage our residents to celebrate life each day. Inspired dining, with fresh meals prepared by chefs trained in our own Culinary Arts Institute, and vibrant lifestyle activities come together in our Celebrations program. These activities fill the monthly calendar with themed experiences, special events and group activities highlighting different cultures and cuisines in a common venue of camaraderie.

Location of Brookdale North Raleigh