The Lakes at Litchfield

120 Lakes at Litchfield Drive, Pawleys Island, SC, 29585

Top nearby Independent Living Communities

Reviews of The Lakes at Litchfield

scampbell February 03, 2015

I came to The Lakes at Litchfield two years ago from Florida to be closer to my son who lives here.I was looking for independent living and something close to my son. The people that live here are incredible and that truly was the deciding factor, even after looking for places in Florida. The people here are very friendly. I visited twice before deciding.

At the community, I enjoy the pool and the classes. The Wellness and Social Directors are incredible. You could not ask for better staff. They are so patient and bring so much fun to the community. You really need to come to the community when you are able to enjoy what they offer. I play cards and Mahjong. I like the entertainment that is brought in. We have concerts which are quite amazing.

I was ready to come. You live longer here if you get involved in wellness. There is less stress living here. They take care of everything. You do not have to cook, clean, or even change light bulbs. I have made some wonderful friends.

m.benson February 03, 2015

In 2012, I made the decision to move to The Lakes at Litchfield. When searching, I was looking for a place that served my needs and where I could enjoy being with similar people. The continuing care offered at The Lakes helped with the decision. It is a relief that I have the added safety and can be cared for if needed. I like to sing and help out with the monthly birthday/ anniversaries dinner. It is fun to be a part of that. In years past, I have been a member of various choruses and quartets. I attend the Men in Motion class which is in the Wellness Program. It is good exercise. I also enjoy the monthly Men's breakfast and lunch. I would advise people to take a good look at The Lakes. The church I attend is quite close and I sing in their choir. I volunteer with Helping Hands which is a program at The Lakes to help transport members to doctor's appointments and such if the transportation services are booked. Helping Hands is very diverse so everyone is able to help other members. I enjoy being able to help.

vheuftle February 03, 2015

I came here in Fall of 2006 . The reason I came was my son lived in Florence which was close. He researched retirement communities in the area and found that The Lakes at Litchfield was the best Continuing Care Retirement Community in the area. I have friends that do not live in a retirement community who struggle with transportation. Here, you do not have that. They provide transportation and the drivers are wonderful and very helpful. If you get caught in a pinch, they will take you. My husband was in Assisted Living when we were married at this community. He moved into my Independent Living house and then sadly got sick again. He was in skilled nursing and went through therapy. I was very happy to have all the services on-site. I have also participated in the occupational therapy when I started to struggle with walking and trouble with opening jars. I liked that he did not have to move to various locations and I could continue to visit him. I like that they have many activities. If you want to be involved , you can be involved up to your eyeballs. If you don't want to be involved you do not have to be. They have many outings. I do Wii Bowling and am active in the Wellness Programs. I am very happy with my decision to come to the Lakes. Anybody that is looking down the road for continuing care, should look here. A lot of people do not think ahead. They are healthy now but do not think about potential healthcare needs.

nanalorr August 13, 2012

My husband has been at this facility only since 6-11-2012 and everything has gone so much more smoothly than I ever expected. Of course things do come up but they are always handled in a very timely manner by the staff. They have many varied activities for the residents so they never need be alone any longer than they'd choose to. There are varied menus every day so residents always have a choice. I have personally experienced some very unpleasant episodes with residents but they were always handled quickly and effectively by caring staff members. The Lakes even has a heated pool for the health and enjoyment of residents......what could be better than that?! The staff has a very good relationship with the residents families are are always willing to take the time to answer questions and/or relate their families experiences. The Lakes may cost more than other facilities but well worth the care given.

About The Lakes at Litchfield

The Lakes at Litchfield is an independent living community in Pawleys Island, SC designed for seniors, normally 55+, who are able to care for themselves and wish to live independently. Contact The Lakes at Litchfield for more details on housing, services, and rates.

Features of The Lakes at Litchfield

• Internet in residents' rooms

• Detached homes

• Pool

• Meals delivered to residents' rooms

Location of The Lakes at Litchfield