Greenwood Terrace

11150 Greenwood St, Lenexa, KS, 66215

Reviews of Greenwood Terrace

Caring100708750 January 17, 2015

My visit on Greenwood Terrace was interesting and very informative. The facility was very clean and friendly. They had a studio and one bathroom. The unit was big enough, but at the time it didn't fit what I needed. I ate a meal there, and it was very good. They offered a selection of meals for the residents. The dining facility was bright and cheery.

Karen68555550 September 29, 2014

When I visited Greenwood Terrace for my parents, they didn't know I was coming. I just walked in to get information. What I didn't like about it when you walked in, you immediately walked into like a dining area. It gave me more of the nursing home feel, not an independent-retirement-living-facility feel. So initially I didn't like that. I just didn't like the way that felt. They showed me one room and it had no furniture in it. It was a two-bedroom and it was very chopped up, like the rooms weren't square. The person who toured me said, "We have another two-bedroom where the rooms are square, but this is the only one I had that I could show you today." So just by that, I like the other place better immediately. However, the one that showed me around, she was very welcoming, very nice, and very friendly. She called me back. They did have daily activities. They had shopping trips and movie nights.

Caring84686950 June 17, 2014

Greenwood Terrace was very friendly and clean, but a little older. The staff was very nice, and they even invited me for lunch, but I wasn't able to join them. They invite me to go bring my mom there for lunch. They had two different areas to play games. They had a nice kitchen. The rooms they showed us were cozy. However, I thought they needed to update the place, like the hallways, to give it a more warm feeling when you walk in.

Caring79570950 May 21, 2014

I am in Greenwood Terrace. Everybody is very friendly. I enjoy the other residents' company. They are willing to accommodate me, as my apartment burned down. They keep an eye on the residents without us really feeling like we are watched or having no privacy. Everybody is aware that everybody needs help. There's quite a variety of activities. There is popcorn and movies on Saturday night. We will a have Mother's Day luncheon tomorrow. There is bingo and poker. They have happy hour once or twice a month, and they have live entertainment that comes in. I would recommend them to others.

Caring57324150 March 29, 2014

Greenwood Terrace seemed to be a very nice place. My biggest problem is finding something that I feel like I can afford. The staff is very nice. They invited me stay the weekend but I didn’t. The residents seemed to be pretty much people who would go around on their own. They have activities over there. They have exercise classes and card games. The place looked very inviting. I could live there if I feel like I can afford it. They have a big dining room, and they gave me a copy of the menu. It looked like there wasn’t anything that I couldn’t eat. It looked like a good place to live if you can afford it.

Brenda28 February 01, 2014

We chose Greenwood Terrace because even if it was an independent living facility, it still offered three meals a day. There were also medical staff present during the day and resident director 24-hours a day. If they needed help with the medicines, there was a nurse. The place of my parents-in-law had one bedroom, a living area, bathroom, small sink, refrigerator and microwave. My father-in-law played the piano and they had a grand piano. He enjoyed playing it and the other residents enjoyed listening to him. There was transportation available if you wanted to go some place. They had a new chef and the food served was better. The staff were nice and helpful, they never complained about them. They were happy there.

Aconcerneddaughter March 28, 2013

My parents have lived here for over a year. Do not move your parents in here! What is promised on tour or web site is not what is delivered. The food is inedible, there is no care given to dietary requirements for individuals (diabetes, low sodium, non spiced food). The budget amount per person per day for food is about $4. Meals are served at 12:30 and 5pm. It takes approx. 1 1/2 hours for the meals to be served from salad to desert. Housekeeping is vacuuming and cleaning bathroom only. If you use their linen service you must use their sheets (sandpaper). All laundry is washed in home style washer dryers (not commercial). No dusting is done unless you have nothing on the flat surface. Although I thought it was a good idea to have managers live in the complex, I have changed my mind. If your parent falls or needs help, the managers dial 911 - that is all they are allowed to do. The managers main concern is keeping the apartments filled - not retaining residents! There is no handicap transportation. There is only one elevator for 3 floors of people using various types of transportation. Heating and cooling in units are old motel type units! If you interview to live here - Come more than once to eat - ask to be seated with someone who already lives there, not at a table by yourself or with the sales person. Get in writing what your rent will be and what the increases will be. This for sure a "renter beware) situation.

Not What Is Portryaed March 06, 2013

I lived at Greenwood and was terribly disappointed in the food. They do not have a nurse on staff and we were told we had to be independent to live there. Apartments are broken into and security deposits not returned. Very disappointed with the whole place. I was afraid for my safely and moved as soon as I could make arrangements.

We're very sorry that you experienced these issues while at our Community. We would like to have someone address some of these concerns with you but we need more information. Please contact our Resident Relations Department at 1-800-370-8331 or email them at Resident.Relations@holidaytouch.com. Thank you

Chirodoc1974 May 03, 2012

Greenwood is located in the heart of Johnson county, Kansas. They pride themselves on being one of the few facilities that offer many extras to their residents. They provide the residents with bimonthly health talks on various topics like diabetes, balance and nutrition. I was given a tour of the facilities by the administrator which included a spacious cafe and a library. Greenwood is a cross between a nursing facility and a over 55 community. The residents have their own vehicles and still continue to maintain their independence. The greatest feature of this facility is the staff. they truly care about the residents and they put a great deal of effort into promotion and staff. The regional director, Andy, was very kind and while I was there he answered all the questions I had about cost, insurance and onsite nursing. Their is also a 24 hour nurse on hand to address non-emergency medical problems. The grounds are kept very clean and well maintained. Another thing I noticed upon entering the facility is that it did NOT smell like a typical nursing home. All in all I give this place high praise and a top rating. I highly recommend.

OldFolksHomeReview April 18, 2012

The facility itself was fairly nice at Greenwood Terrace but nothing exceptional. The rooms were clean and had windows and were fairly plain, residents had to furnish and decorate the rooms themselves. The food offered was actually very good for an assisted living community. They offered several different items per meal as well as many standard options. They had white and dark meat chicken as well as rolls and mashed potatoes which were all surprisingly good. They also offered desserts such as cookies, cake, pie, and ice cream which all appeared very to be delicious. The residents were not all in good health but seemed to be reasonably healthy and happy considering the venue. The employees were all very nice and helpful when needed but were fairly busy and uninvolved. Overall for an assisted living community it seemed to be okay but it was not the best one I have seen. Other than the actual quality of the residence (room size, appearance, etc.) there are not too many places that offer a better place in the same price range.

From Greenwood Terrace

Greenwood Terrace is located in Lenexa, KS, providing a vibrant backdrop for your new life as a valued member of our caring community.

So come to Greenwood Terrace for a visit...and stay!

Features of Greenwood Terrace

• Hiking trails

• Meals delivered to residents' rooms
  • Dining extra: Private dining room