Emerald Pond

205 Emerald Pond Ln, Durham, NC, 27705

Reviews of Emerald Pond

Anonymous114760150 October 28, 2015

Everything has been fine at Emerald Pond. It's a convenient location, and I like the facility. It's very clean and large, and the price is right. My mother likes the food a lot. She's very happy there. They have a lot of activities, and she just picks the ones that she likes. There are plenty of things for her to do.

Sylvia20 October 28, 2015

I visited Emerald Pond, and the lady was very nice. I didn't like the rooms because there wasn't enough storage, and they were relatively small. What they had was a cottage, and it was very nice. The food was good; we had a nice meal. The membership fee was reasonable. They would get you to doctors' appointments with transportation on Tuesdays and Thursdays. Monday, Wednesday, and Friday, they take you shopping. They have a lot of group activities, and they try to get free tickets from the community for concerts and things like that. They have a calendar of activities with all kinds of things that they do like trivia games during lunch.

Caring110102750 July 06, 2015

We went to Emerald Pond, and it was very nice. The staff was very cordial and very helpful. We liked the place. It was clean, and it had lovely grounds. They gave us a nice tour. The apartments were nice, clean, and very small. The dining room looked fine, but we didn't actually eat there. There were a lot of activities. They had lots of things going on. They had different groups, clubs, and events going on. That looked pretty good. What impressed me more were the people. The woman who showed us around was very nice, and they seemed like they really took interest with the people who lived there.

Caring101097950 October 31, 2014

Emerald Pond seemed to be a very nice place. When my mother came out of rehab, she needed assisted living but I really couldn’t afford it. She is much better, and she is able to take care of herself. She has a studio apartment which is very adequate for her. A studio apartment is just a room, and she has a bed, a recliner, a couple of chairs, and a couple of dressers. There is a built-in cabinet with a sink in them, a refrigerator, and she could have a microwave if she wanted but she doesn’t want one. There was a lady that I worked with in the sales department; she was very nice and helpful. I don’t see the managers.

They have many activities in the facility; they have bingo, library, movies, people who come and sing and entertain them, and they have trips. I know the food was fine; mother complained sometimes but they served their meals, they don’t have to go to the land, they served them like salads or soups and the main dish. The food I thought was very good. Sometimes I think it would be nice if the caregiver to my mother that I know more about what was going on sometimes, and I would like to get a newsletter. What impressed me is the fact that it’s very clean and homey.

Basil1 August 28, 2014

I love Emerald Pond. It is close to where I am now renting and it is closest to where my daughter works, so it gives me sort of a comfort zone. I couldn't look for anything better. The staff over there was very friendly. They were very courteous to me. As a matter of fact, at luncheon period when I was there, the clients and staff were very courteous to one another. It was like being at home. They're very helpful. Their rooms were spacious, the ones that I have seen. Also, they have an arrangement of different types of activities.

Caring85863150 August 27, 2014

Emerald Pond has one main building with three stories, and everything from studio to one-bedroom and two-bedroom apartments. They also have some cottages, which is what we have, and these are very nice and they look right out on the lake. The staff is caring and they do take people who really need more care than they can get here, like those who are starting to get a little Alzheimer's or whatever. I think they are more interested in selling the place and making sure that everybody is able to take care of themselves. The food is adequate; it is not gourmet, but it is acceptable. They give us a menu everyday of what is available. There is breakfast, lunch and supper, and they have something for each of those meals. They also have a couple of other things that you can have instead if you don't want what they are serving, so they always have something else. They have lots and lots of activities here. They have Bingo, pool, card games, and outings -- once a week, I think. They'll go to a restaurant, take you to doctors' appointments and that kind of stuff, or just the shopping center. They have music nights, a beauty salon, and physical therapy. To me, the location is the best thing because it is pretty close to just about anything that you'd want. But it is on this pond, so it feels like you are in the country and it is a pretty peaceful place. It has got its good points and bad points. Because of the pond, there are a lot of geese and they don't always clean up the geese droppings on the sidewalk as I'd like them to, but this is by far its biggest drawback.

Caring84293150 May 20, 2014

Emerald Pond was nice. It had a lake. It had very spacious cottages, and the staff was fine. However, the rooms in the apartments were small.

ziolupo March 16, 2014

I was a resident at Emerald Pond for 3 months, ending 2 weeks ago (2/28/2014). I was there because I had recently been in the hospital and rehab in Virginia. My daughter wanted me closer to her and thought EP would suffice. After 3 weeks, I knew I couldn't stay there and had to get back home. There were walkers all over the dining room at meals, many caregivers for many of the residents, big band elevator music was played in the hallways, and the age of the residents was much older than I. The food was not what they had advertised at all. The best meal was breakfast. My one-bedroom apartment wasn't bad, but it was located at the parking lot side of the building. There were early morning deliveries from the Sysco food company and trash pick-up from the dumpsters. Very noisy. The "pond" was hyped up to be wonderful, but it didn't matter on the parking lot side. The advertisement also said cable was provided, but neglected to say decent reception could only be attained if you subscribed to a cable provider. That cost extra money. Another problem I had was that my hobbies are cooking and gardening. I could do neither there. No kitchen, no gardening area. Dementia is common with the residents, with very little stimulating conversation. If you are considering this place, think very hard about your needs.

Caring68109350 February 28, 2014

Emerald Pond is excellent. The management is really good. It's fairly new, but it's very good. The food is pretty decent. The activities are picking up quite a bit. So we're having a good time.

Rita14 September 25, 2013

I took a tour at Emerald Pond and the place is pretty expensive. They didn't have any one bedroom cottages, only 2. The two-bedroom cottages are suited for married couples. I remember that they thought that it was a big deal that it was kind of on the pond and then they had a lot of ducks. The only thing that I could see was that the ducks made a huge mass on the trail or the sidewalk that you had to walk.

From Emerald Pond

Emerald Pond is located in Durham, NC, providing a vibrant backdrop for your new life as a valued member of our caring community.

So come to Emerald Pond for a visit...and stay!

Features of Emerald Pond

• Hiking trails

• Meals delivered to residents' rooms
  • Dining extra: Private dining room