Brookdale Des Plaines Independent Living

Reviews of Brookdale Des Plaines | Independent Living

Overview of Ratings

4.6

February 28, 2014

This community was my favorite. There was a lot of things for the residents to do. It was clean. I liked the rooms a lot because they have a little kitchenette. The staff and everybody was great. The dining area was nice, too. But it was out of my price range.

August 01, 2013

By Debbie37

It was very nice. It was a beautiful place. The problem there was the location because most of my friends' acquaintances no longer drive and it would be difficult for them to go to her there. Also, it was expensive.

July 25, 2013

By Pat28

My parents stayed here for four years. The facility itself was beautiful. My parents got a very roomy and nice apartment. They had a big living room, a dining area, a nice kitchen and a good-sized bedroom and bath. They also had a little balcony off of their apartment and it was very nice. The apartments seemed to be well taken care of. The only problem we got was with my parents. We thought it would be something they could use and meet people, but they didn't do that. They didn't get involve in anything there, which was a shame because the facility offered a lot of activities there. They did not even want to go down for meals. We did take them down a few times and I thought the food was very good. They also had a big menu they can choose from, so that was really nice. The staff was all very friendly and helpful. We never had any issue with them.

November 07, 2012

By Bonnie 1

The people in the community were lovely. They were extremely forthcoming with any information that we wanted in a very timely manner. It was a really nice facility and would have been my choice, too. We really like the pool. It's 5 feet all the way around and has railings. They seem to have a wide range of activities. They were the only facility that we looked at that had a low-vision reading support group already established. My mom is nearly blind with macular degeneration. There's also a men's choral group that my dad was interested in. They have a very rich activity program and seem like they were going to encourage my folks to be active.

July 11, 2012

By Silviu Pavel

It looks really nice, everyone was really nice. The employees really took care and seemed to love the elderly. It has a pool that my grandfather loves. Although this retirement home was a bit to crowded. The care is based on the disabilities everyone has. My grandfather really loves the place. He has been there for 3 years and he still loves it. He says that the pool is awesome because he really likes swimming. He says it is deep enough and big enough. He says the food there is tasty. This place is a really good place to stay. This place is amazing it looks like a resort. They always had activities for everyone. I wanted to stay there myself. Everything is clean and looks new. I would recommend this place for anyone. It is a very enjoyable place for people to stay, have fun, and just to enjoy life. The place is very appealing for anyone and it helps everyone.

Let Us Search For You

• Features Extra: Fitness Room/Gym

• Tai Chi
    • Activities Extra: Computer Class

About Brookdale Des Plaines

Brookdale Des Plaines provides a full range of choices for today's seniors. Choosing a senior living community represents a lifestyle choice and we understand that our residents are choosing much more than a comfortable living environment to call home. Our Brookdale community delivers Inspired Independent Living, with the promise of Exceptional Experiences Everyday. In choosing this community, our residents have made a conscious lifestyle decision designed to deliver enhanced opportunities for pursuing health and life fulfillment through the exceptional services, amenities and opportunities we offer. And, our residents can rest assured that as their needs change we provide a variety of ancillary services and a Personalized Assisted Living environment that encourages our residents to continue to live as they please while respecting individual preferences.

Map of Brookdale Des Plaines