Brookdale Des Plaines | Independent Living

800 South River Road, Des Plaines, IL, 60016

Promotion ends in 5 days!

NOTHING SAYS SUMMER LIKE SAVINGS. Move into a Brookdale community by June 30, and receive a $1,000 rent credit! *Eligible new residents will receive a one-time $1,000 credit to the Basic Service Rate/Monthly Fee following the first 90 days of residency.

Reviews of Brookdale Des Plaines | Independent Living

Carol106943650 May 24, 2015

The staff was great at Brookdale Des Plaines. They have everything that you could possibly think of.

VVials74 April 27, 2015

Great facility, lots of programs, and great food! Planning soon!

Caring99988650 February 19, 2015

I visited Brookdale Des Plaines multiple times. The staff was wonderful. They invited me there for various events, and I did have a wonderful time. I have tasted the food, and it was delicious. The rooms were clean, but very small. They had a full kitchen, and the bathroom was very nice. They have a swimming pool and a whole range of activities. They bring in guest speakers. I asked if they have bingo, and they said only once a week, so I said thank God, they are not a bingo centered environment. They actually try to stimulate their residents with programs. They do have a very active craft program, and there is a physical therapy component there. The security was very good. The front desk directly faces the front door, so there is always someone watching.

Caring78486250 August 01, 2014

We chose Brookdale Plaza because of the location and services. We've been happy there. Mother has her own one bedroom apartment. The staff was very welcoming and helpful. They have quite a few activities like Bingo, computer classes, movie nights, poker nights, a book club, and they have a bus that goes around the community taking residents to grocery stores. My mother was pretty satisfied with the food but it would be nice if they offered lunch in addition to breakfast and dinner.

Caring79327850 February 28, 2014

Heritage Des Plaines was my favorite. There was a lot of things for the residents to do. It was clean. I liked the rooms a lot because they have a little kitchenette. The staff and everybody was great. The dining area was nice, too. But it was out of my price range.

Debbie37 August 01, 2013

The Heritage of Des Plaines was very nice. It was a beautiful place. The problem there was the location because most of my friends' acquaintances no longer drive and it would be difficult for them to go to her there. Also, it was expensive.

Pat28 July 25, 2013

My parents stayed in Heritage of Des Plaines for four years. The facility itself was beautiful. My parents got a very roomy and nice apartment. They had a big living room, a dining area, a nice kitchen and a good-sized bedroom and bath. They also had a little balcony off of their apartment and it was very nice. The apartments at Heritage seemed to be well taken care of. The only problem we got was with my parents. We thought it would be something they could use and meet people, but they didn't do that. They didn't get involve in anything there, which was a shame because the facility offered a lot of activities there. They did not even want to go down for meals. We did take them down a few times and I thought the food was very good. They also had a big menu they can choose from, so that was really nice. The staff was all very friendly and helpful. We never had any issue with them.

Bonnie 1 November 07, 2012

The people in The Heritage were lovely. They were extremely forthcoming with any information that we wanted in a very timely manner. It was a really nice facility and would have been my choice, too. We really like the pool. It's 5 feet all the way around and has railings. They seem to have a wide range of activities. They were the only facility that we looked at that had a low-vision reading support group already established. My mom is nearly blind with macular degeneration. There's also a men's choral group that my dad was interested in. They have a very rich activity program and seem like they were going to encourage my folks to be active.

Silviu Pavel July 11, 2012

It looks really nice, everyone was really nice. The employees really took care and seemed to love the elderly. It has a pool that my grandfather loves. Although this retirement home was a bit to crowded. The care is based on the disabilities everyone has. My grandfather really loves the place. He has been there for 3 years and he still loves it. He says that the pool is awesome because he really likes swimming. He says it is deep enough and big enough. He says the food there is tasty. This place is a really good place to stay. This place is amazing it looks like a resort. They always had activities for everyone. I wanted to stay there myself. Everything is clean and looks new. I would recommend this place for anyone. It is a very enjoyable place for people to stay, have fun, and just to enjoy life. The place is very appealing for anyone and it helps everyone.

From Brookdale Des Plaines

Brookdale Des Plaines provides a full range of choices for today's seniors. Choosing a senior living community represents a lifestyle choice and we understand that our residents are choosing much more than a comfortable living environment to call home. Our Brookdale community delivers Inspired Independent Living, with the promise of Exceptional Experiences Everyday. In choosing this community, our residents have made a conscious lifestyle decision designed to deliver enhanced opportunities for pursuing health and life fulfillment through the exceptional services, amenities and opportunities we offer. And, our residents can rest assured that as their needs change we provide a variety of ancillary services and a Personalized Assisted Living environment that encourages our residents to continue to live as they please while respecting individual preferences.

Features of Brookdale Des Plaines