Baywood Court

21966 Dolores Street, Castro Valley, CA, 94546

Reviews of Baywood Court

June 08, 2016

By Nancy244370

My parents are doing fine at Baywood Court. One is in the independent side and the other one is in the nursing home side. Their staff is very friendly and responsive. It’s a homey place and not like a ritzy hotel. Shopping is accessible.

Dear Nancy, Thank you so much for taking the time to share your compliments of our community and staff. It is always so much easier for couples when they can simply walk from their apartment to skilled nursing to visit and share meals with their spouse. Your parents are a delight and we are so happy they live here at Baywood.

October 30, 2015

By Akornfield

My mom moved into Baywood Court Independent Living facility 5 years ago this month, and has been very happy with her decision to do so. She made the choice on her own after living alone in her Pleasanton home as a widow for the 5 previous years. Baywood Court has provided a beautiful 1 bedroom apartment overlooking the courtyard pool, with safety features including emergency pull strings and electronic devices, a daily check-in system, 2 meals per day and enough activities everyday to keep my mom out of that beautiful room. Mom has made friends and acquaintances, and maintained a zeal for life even as "senioritis" attempts to take its toll, as it does to all humans. We all grow older (it beats the alternative!), we all have some health issues. Baywood has helped me to help my mom live well, have fun and enjoy life. Baywood's facilities staff is composed of competent, and kind gentlemen, several of whom I've had the opportunity to interact with over several years. They help above and beyond "the work order" and always with a big heart and a smile. Baywood's administrative staff has been very helpful from the first day we walked in the doors, through today, 5 years later. I am in constant contact with the Resident Services Manager, the Assistant to The Executive Director, and the Manager of Food and Beverage, not because I require their services (often), but because they are friendly and helpful. This week I threw Mom a birthday party, and I couldn't have done it without help from Food Services. Charlie and her staff, in particular, Mindy, helped make this little occasion for 12 become a banquet of pure elegance. I have read all of the previous reviews on Yelp, several times each, and though I do not always disagree with some of the points made, I do disagree with the negativity I read within. I am an active part of my mom's life at Baywood. If "we" are unhappy about the food or the service, and we speak Kindly to the staff, we are very well cared for. Serving 200 meals three times per day is difficult without serving a few "Bar Mitzvah Chicken" dinners. But fortunately there are options, including soup and salad bars, and yes, kitchenette's in the apartments. The same holds true for the health center. Support your nurses and caregivers, and they will support you. In closing I say to anyone posting reviews online, be proactive with your patient/relative and their care-giving community, and please look for the good in all people and establishments. Be helpful and kind, compliment when possible. Identify a few blemishes, but be sure to polish the pearls.

Your review is very much appreciated. The best care of our elders is always a team effort between family and the staff here at Baywood. Your devotion to her and your communication with the staff here are key to supporting us in our efforts to provide a warm, friendly, active and safe environment for your mom and every other person who lives here. Thank you so much for recognizing our efforts.

Photos of Baywood Court

• Renal

• Hindi

• Overall:

About Baywood Court

Nestled in the welcoming town of Castro Valley, Baywood Court is a caring multi-level retirement community. Our sociable,nonprofit community features,independent living, assisted living and skilled nursing health center options—all in one beautiful place that feels like home.

Enjoying the Baywood Court Life:

• Travel, cultural events, community celebrations, workshops and classes
  • Scheduled and on-call transportation for shopping and appointments
  • Catered parties by arrangement
  • Raised gardening beds
  • Housekeeping services and maintenance
  • Laundry facilities on every floor
  • Private balconies and patios
  • Full kitchens with appliances
  • Guest room
  • Front-desk receptionist around the clock
  • Connecting with the Baywood Community
  • Fine dining with buffet and table service
  • All day dining
  • Beauty and barber salon
  • Cubby Hole convenience store
  • Fix-it shop
  • Computer lab
  • Art gallery
  • Circulation library
  • Exercise gym with visiting fitness instructors
  • Putting green and lawn-game area
  • Heated swimming pool and spa

Especially for Our Assisted Living Residents:

• Assistance with bathing, dressing, and daily living activities
  • Medication management
  • 24-hour support staff
  • Wearable emergency response device

Embracing the Benefits of Baywood Court:

• Month-to-month rentals
  • No buy-in or hidden fees
  • Emergency response system in apartments
  • Dedicated, resident-focused staff
  • Sociable community with active resident voices

Map of Baywood Court