Senior Helpers of the Peninsula

Top nearby In-Home Care Services

Reviews of Senior Helpers of the Peninsula

Cheryl12 September 18, 2013

Senior Helpers was one of the 3 agencies that were recommended to me. I actually made a lucky choice when I decided to go with them.

We had a very good experience with Senior Helpers. They were extremely responsive. They keep a high level of communication. The look into my dad's health and his needs as a person. They're trustworthy and would let me know if there was something that I needed to know in a timely manner.

They were also able to provide caregivers in some cases on very short notice. My dad was always happy whoever the caregiver was. They took good care of my dad. They have a good follow through witht their clients. Right now my dad is again entirely self-sufficient but I would definitely call them if ever I need help again.

careaboutdad2101 April 19, 2013

Excellent company. Everyone I have interacted with has been tremendous. Simon, Steve, and Jamie are amazing. I'm sorry, I forgot the name of the delightful person who is in the office. I never have to explain who I am, she knows and is very understanding. I work in the health care field and will definitely refer our patients to this wonderful agency. I hope they are around when I want some home care! Keep up the great work and thank you so much for all that you do.

Mitzi1 March 01, 2013

Senior Helpers provided companionship for my husband. He was very difficult to help with, but the caregiver was excellent.

Paul4 January 03, 2013

Senior Helpers was referred to me by my friend who used their service before. In general, they are alright. I like the caregiver that comes out and work with me. She helps me around and that's what really important. She's really great and I am happy with their service.

Phyllis5 December 31, 2012

I'm very pleased with their service. My husband needed Senior Helpers back then because I had fallen. I had to go to the hospital and there's no one to look after him. So my niece in New Orleans found out about this company that had just started in San Mateo which is Senior Helpers.

They have very responsible people and they're doing their jobs well.My husband already passed away 4 years ago and I am using Senior Helpers now for myself. They look after me pretty good. I have no complaints with them. I am very happy with them. I recommend them to every opportunity I have. I sure don't have a reason to change provider because they're so good to me.

Richard7 November 30, 2012

The people they get are very good. I had a little trouble with the first one but that was after awhile. I think she was having some personal problems so I had to change her but they responded very quickly when I told them.

I'm currently using Senior Helpers and they come around 68 hours per week. Overall, it's a good experience and I will recommend them to anybody.

Wendy4 November 19, 2012

I found them on the internet originally back when Kathleen owned it. It started out with just once a week care for 4 hours. It was just minimal care. My father was diagnosed with early Alzheimer's and he lived alone. He didn't drive and I needed someone to take him out to do the grocery shopping and to remind him about things. He was pretty resistant at first. We actually went through 2 or 3 different caregivers until he found someone with whom he just really clicked. So then he has falling in love with her and she's there 5 days a week now for 4 hours a day. It's just been a wonderful experience for him. She takes him to the senior center and plays bingo and goes along on some of the trips with seniors. She also takes him to the movies, shopping and out to eat. As the disease progressed she makes sure that his toenails are taking care of and his getting haircuts and wearing clean clothes. She reminds him of things such as taking his medication.

Phyllis4 October 30, 2012

I have been completely satisfied with Senior Helpers of San Mateo. No complaints at all. I have used them for about 5 years after I had taken a fall and had to go to the hospital. My husband has dementia so I needed someone to take care of him while I was away. I have been completely happy with their services and would recommend them to anyone!

Caring57503350 October 15, 2012

Senior Helpers of San Mateo were very accommodating, thoughtful and concerned right from the beginning. They take their time and do the necessary research to make sure that my mom is always matched with the right caregiver. If they have to make a change in the caregiver, they keep me informed. They follow up with me to make sure things are going smoothly. I am very comfortable with the situation. I would definitely recommend them!

Linda B. September 19, 2012

I would like to give praise and recommendation for Celia from Senior Helpers who is a caregiver for my Dad, Archie. Celia demonstrates excellent care and sincere concern for her patients. She provides a service that extends over an above that which is expected of her. She amazes us everyday with her positive attitude, willingness to do anything to help my parents and truly cares about them. It's not just a job for her, she treats them as her own parents. We talk everyday and brainstorm over issues that come up. She has made some valuable suggestions to guide and help me provide care for my parents when she is not there. Celia has exceeded our expectations and my parents and I are extremely grateful to have her.

About Senior Helpers of the Peninsula

Senior Helpers of the Peninsula is an in-home care provider serving San Mateo, CA and the surrounding area. Senior Helpers of the Peninsula offers non-medical services in the home, such as meal preparation, housekeeping, and transportation. Contact the provider for more details on home care services and rates.

Features of Senior Helpers of the Peninsula