Homewatch CareGivers Serving Metro Detroit, Grosse Pointe, and Plymouth

Contact Now

Reviews of Homewatch CareGivers Serving Metro Detroit, Grosse Pointe, and Plymouth

Cynthia A.766753 June 30, 2016

Qeana Brandy is the best caregiver I have ever had!! She is very positive, caring and always has a smile on her face. This agency is wonderful.

Caring005743 June 24, 2016

I flew in from Phoenix to assist with the care of my mother-in-law. Kurt and his team met with me on a Saturday and were able to start 24-hour live-in care immediately. Impressive!! My case manager, Anye, was wonderful and supportive as was my caregiver, Joanna. I highly recommend Kurt. His book "A Son's Journey: Taking Care of Mom and Dad" is also a must read!

I am happy you found my book, "A Son's Journey: Taking Care of Mom and Dad" helpful. I will also pass along your kind words to the staff!! Stay cool in HOT PHX :-) Kurt

Carole DeSantis740445 June 21, 2016

Joy was a very sweet girl and I would use your services again because of the great job she provided for Vince. She was kind, gentle and well trained.

Thanks so much Carole for your kind words!!! I will pass along your review to Joy. -Kurt

Kathy713866 June 15, 2016

We needed additional care for my son on Thursday and this wonderful agency acted within 24 hours. The caregiver was excellent! I was able to focus on work and get all I needed to get done completed. A big thumbs up!!

It is always great to hear good things from the families we help care for!! Thank you for taking the time to post a review. Kurt

Suzanne Gutherie February 29, 2016

I wanted to share with your office kudos for Delaia S. Delaia provided care on 1-18-16 to Marcy and Al. They said that she took excellent care of them and were thrilled with her! Delaia was warm, friendly and had a great smile! Marcy and Al would recommend Homewatch and Delaia highly!

A GREAT way to end my day by reading your review. Thanks for doing that. I will pass along to Delaia your kind words. It was a pleasure to help take care of Marcy and Al. Thank you, Kurt

Lina Anderson February 27, 2016

Homewatch did a really great job helping my mom stay safe at home during her 24 hour care. Her caregiver Kaitlyn was excellent! I truly appreciate how the team got together to provide the best care possible for my mom.

Kaitlyn is an wonderful caregiver! I am happy you liked her!! I will pass along your kind words to Kaitlyn. Thank you, Kurt

Reviewer124684950 February 27, 2016

Excellent, patient, caring and timely.

Kathleen G. December 31, 2015

Homewatch Caregivers has been a great help for me on the weekends. My caregiver Terryan is a great guy and I am so happy with him. I live in Waterford and I am so grateful that Homewatch is in my community. I would highly recommend Homewatch.

Laurel K December 30, 2015

We have two 24-hour, live-in caregivers from Homewatch. They had provided multiple caregivers who started out OK, but they either fell asleep on the job or got pretty lazy. The last time they sent a substitute, my mother had a fall, so I'm not thrilled. I wouldn't recommend them. We're still using them because they provided one caregiver that we love. We had to fight to get her for five days a week since everybody else has been mediocre or sub-par. The other one has already been lazy, which is what we find with these caregivers; they get lazier as they go along and are not very professional. My parents can feed themselves but need help with showering. The caregivers do everything for my parents: cook, clean, go to the grocery store, make the meals, and help them dress. I don't understand what these companies do with the money. They charge you so much and the workers don't even get half of it. It's just annoying. The workers are the ones who do the work, and if they were paid better, they would do a better job.

Laura, I am sorry to hear of your concerns here as oppose you calling me to discussed. The care giver you reference here is no longer with us. We wish all our caregivers however could be as excellent as Kenner. She is one in a million and the reason we adjusted her schedule so she could work just your case alone. Further we adjusted her pay to meet the needs you were requesting and to keep our caregiver happy. Laura, the increase in Kenner's pay was not passed on to you and your family. FYI. Since I was the person who signed your family on, please feel free to call me any time as you have done in the past to discuss any concerns. Kurt

Heidi P. December 30, 2015

Homewatch has been taking care of my aunt Faith for the past two years. They provided us with 24-hour live in care. Our caregivers were Austa, Treynesha, Martina and Kiss. They’re truly angels for my aunt who just passed away. I would highly recommend Homewatch!

Betty J. December 29, 2015

Bradie is my dream caregiver. She is always on time or early. She’s very dependable and very thoughtful. She does things without having to be told! I JUST LOVE HER!

I shared with Bradie your kind words. Thank you so much. Kurt

Amy M. December 23, 2015

I live in Florida and my father in Royal Oak,MI. He needed 24-hour live In care. I was lucky to find Homewatch CareGivers out of all the other agencies in the area as they truly have an excellent reputation & great 24-hour live in care. When it comes to the care model, Kurt the owner is the master. My case manager, Tressa is an angel. I would highly recommend Homewatch CareGivers.

Happy Holidays Amy. Thank you so much for your kind words. I enjoyed meeting you and am glad your fathers care givers are a great match. It is our honor to help keep your father safe, secure and independent by providing 24-hour Live-In Care. Have a GREAT new year. Kurt

Dr. Lenaldo M. Jensen December 16, 2015

Great service - more than satisfied. She is punctual and gracious

Happy Holidays Dr. Jensen! Thank you for your kind review. Kurt

Gail B. Livonia October 31, 2015

The care for my mother was wonderful. The caregiver was very kind and patient with my mother. I would recommend this company to others looking for care.

Thank you Gail for your confidence in Homewatch!!

Leslie T.1 October 31, 2015

Homewatch is helping me and my brothers keep our father at home by providing 24-hour live-in care. The lead case manager is an angel. Dawn, one of our caregivers is GREAT. What I also liked was that they were resourceful and responsive. I would highly recommend Homewatch.

Leslie, it was a pleasure working with you and your family. Kurt

Debra Lawmaster September 30, 2015

They treat me with respect. The caregiver we have is very responsible. She drives me to laundry and store. I completely trust them.

Ms. Yiwang September 23, 2015

I called Homewatch from Seattle on a Friday evening and spoke with Kurt about concerns I had for a friend in Beverly Hills. Kurt was out there the next day and started their services. Kurt and his staff are angels! I am so happy I found them!

Patrick & Peggy Flynn September 16, 2015

Let me start by saying that Homewatch is GREAT. I was amazed how quickly they responded to my request for help. Kurt, the owner came out twice to help me and my wife. If you are looking for a personal and great experience, go with Homewatch Caregivers. Karla, my caregiver is an angel!

Peggy and Patrick! Karla loved helping you both out. Better days are ahead, it was my honor to assist you navigate the health care system. Thank you for allowing Homewatcg CareGivers to be there for you! Kurt

Caring115959850 August 27, 2015

A friend of mine had CMA work for their mother. Her mother love the CMA and considers her a family now. Homewatch seems to match caregiver and client very well.

Kerri Butes July 15, 2015

My Mom had a hip replacement in March. She traveled to Michigan from New York to my home in Canton to recover for 3 months. Homewatch Caregivers are truly wonderful. My Mom's caregiver Norissa was the best. We also had Teresa twice and she was just as wonderful. I felt at ease when I left for work each day, that my Mom would be safe, happy, content and looked after. It's very hard when you are looking for a caregiver for someone you love and are not sure who to choose. I highly recommend this company. Kurt the owner is very involved and returns emails and phone calls promptly. Would definitely use them again if I needed to.

Hello Kerri :-) Thank you for the kind review. You mother was a wonderful lady. I enjoyed meeting her. Teresa also enjoyed caring for her and looks forward to her turn from NY. Thanks again, Kurt

Cynthia49 May 28, 2015

During the times that required special attention for my mother, it was such a comfort to know that we could speak to Kurt -- the president of Homewatch Caregivers -- if need be and that he would take necessary actions to resolve the situation to our satisfaction. Her caregiver -- Anita -- is also to be commended. She was the person who knew what was going on at all times. I am grateful we found Homewatch.

Thank you Cynthia for your kind words!!! Anita is an excellent care giver. Kurt

Sue110152950 April 30, 2015

I am so lucky to have Homewatch in my life and life of my husband. Tessa is our caregiver and now a part of the family. She is wonderful, calm, warm, loving and patient. I leave and came home and they are laughing. All is right in my world. Homewatch thank you!!!

Thank you Sue for your review. Tessa was our Care Giver on the month for April. Kurt

Dave29 April 23, 2015

Kurt helped me deal a friend that was in need. Through Kurt's help, my friend was able to get what she needed. It was much appreciated.

Dave, is was my pleasure to assist both you and your friend. Homewatch CareGivers is a community resources that is glad to help all in need. Thanks for your confidence. Kurt

Judy C1 March 22, 2015

Homewatch came out to the rehab to see my mother the same day. She was getting discharged. They were able to provide the type and services my mother needed. I had so much support and help from all and the staff. CouldnÕt have gotten my mother home without them.

It was and honor and privilege to help Judy and her family. This is what we do at Homewatch. Kurt

Caring106419650 February 20, 2015

Homewatch responded within an hour to my dad's needs. They began service the same night. The caregiver was very gentle with my dad who is on hospice.

It is our honor and privilege to help families in need. Our staff is very proud of how we can respond quickly and with quality to a family’s request. Our wish here at Homewatch CareGivers is to help every family provide a secure and safe environment for their loved one to live in.

Chrissy4 January 21, 2015

My father was a mess (saying that affectionately) and couldn’t stay at home alone. Homewatch and their wonderful caregivers saved my day and had someone at my dad’s house around to look. I can’t say enough about how great Kurt and his staff were.

Shannon7 September 29, 2014

My aunt has no children and I take care of her. This was an overwhelming task until I partnered with HW of Plymouth. The CG's have become like family and take excellent care of my aunt.

Carol96382450 September 29, 2014

Our caregivers Carol and Norkita, have been giving my husband, Earl, very good care 12 hrs/day. We are very happy with their service and would recommend Homewatch.

Brittney1 August 07, 2014

Lenora from Homewatch was coming to our community for a couple of years caring for a former resident. She was always so kind, caring and personable. On the other hand, Chris comes in frequently and is always kind. We all have very good experiences with Homewatch.

Ken24 July 24, 2014

Thank you so much for all the comfort and assistance you have given my mom. I don't know what I'd have alone without Homewatch. Thank you!

Joe38 July 03, 2014

Homewatch helped me prepare for the impending aging of my parents. They educated me on the difference between skilled and non-skilled homecare and were able to tell me exactly what my Dad needed.

Caring95365350 July 03, 2014

They have a very wonderful and caring staff. We are very pleased with the service!

Lloyd3 June 30, 2014

The patients we have referred to HomeWatch have care for by quality staff. Everyone from the caregivers, to the people in the office of Homewatch is easy to work with.

Ashley10 June 30, 2014

Atria Shorehaven is an Assisted Living Center. Homewatch has been providing my residences with care and services for over 2 years. They do everything from a shower-bath, tuck in services to 24-hour live in when needed. Both myself, my staff, and my residents are very happy with Homewatch.

Stephen14 June 30, 2014

Homewatch provides great customer service. I absolutely love our caregiver Charlene.

hippos July 08, 2011

My grandmother was a past client of this company. The over all care that my grandmother received was decent although some of her caregivers had a poor attitude. A few of the staff members seemed to lack focus or interest when it came to certain aspects of my grandmothers care, such as helping her with showers and to and from the restroom. On a positive note, a few of her caregivers were very very dedicated and went above and beyond what was expected, or at least what I expected, them to do. I'm not sure if this was due to better training from past companies or just bigger hearts but it surely did make things easier on my grandmother. In the future I would recommend this company to other people in need of home care, but I would like to see the company perform a better evaluation of it's employees attitudes and field related capability.

From Homewatch CareGivers Serving Metro Detroit, Grosse Pointe, and Plymouth

Providing premier in home care services with our professionally trained caregivers backed by over 30 years of in-field experience, Homewatch CareGivers is recognized as a home care leader worldwide. Our focus is on customized care for individuals of all ages that preserves dignity, protects independence and provides peace of mind for the family.

Our three offices are located in Plymouth, Grosse Pointe and Rochester serving the Metro Detroit area. A sample of our services include:

• personal care (bathing, grooming, dressing, transfers, etc.)
  • rehab care
  • hospice support
  • medication reminders
  • hospital discharge assistance
  • respite care
  • automatic medication dispensers and other technologies to complement care
  • client care coordination to address holistic care needs

Our full range of companion care and personal home care services keeps our clients safe at home, where they want to be. Quality home care lies in delivering what our clients want as much as providing what they need. Sometimes it's the little things that make the biggest difference. We believe in putting the client in the driver's seat, enabling them to maintain a personal lifestyle they choose, within a schedule they prefer, to enhance quality of life.

We know that educated caregivers bring pride and confidence to the tender job of caring. Homewatch CareGivers University is a professionally developed caregiver training platform designed to train our caregiver employees, family members providing care, and even the greater caregiver community with thousands of hours of up-to-date training courses.

Our best practices ensure we are matching our clients with the highest quality caregivers. Our hiring standards meet or exceed the most stringent state requirements. Announced and unannounced quality assurance visits by professionals are just part of our ongoing efforts to identify training opportunities so that caregivers skills continually improve.

Features of Homewatch CareGivers Serving Metro Detroit, Grosse Pointe, and Plymouth

Agency Type

• Full-service agency. (We directly employ the caregivers we work with.)

• Companion care
  • Personal care assistants
  • In-home health care
  • Range of services extra: 24-hour Live In Care, Traveling Caregivers, TBA and Auto Accident Cases, Jewish Caregiving, ComplexPersonal Care, Transportation, End-of-Life Caregiving and caregivers in Senior Living Communit

• We have male caregivers/companions

Travel

• Travel: Staff will travel 30+ miles to provide care

Screening

• We interview every team member in person
  • We check references
  • We ensure that our team members are immunized for influenza, hepatitis b, tuberculosis, and other communicable diseases
  • We check driving records
  • We check credit history
  • We confirm legal U.S. residency
  • We check sexual offender databases

Payment options

• Insurance
  • Credit card
  • Check
  • Payment options extra: VA, Long Term Care Insurance

Payment details

• We handle payroll, benefits, and taxes for our caregivers

Bonded/insured

• Our business is bonded and insured

Business Address