Senior Helpers | Broken Arrow, OK

Contact Now

Reviews of Senior Helpers | Broken Arrow, OK

Pauline2 December 27, 2012

My daughter knew of someone who used Senior Helpers. They did great. Cheryl was very nice to work with. They were just helping me take care of my husband. I have used them for 3 years. I had several different caregivers. Most of them have very good attitude. I had a wonderful person especially for the last 6 months that I used them.

Louis1 October 16, 2012

When my wife was still alive I had a different in-home care provider. When she passed away, I had to switch to Senior Helpers. Their service is very good. I got a caregiver who's been with me for a quite a while. She turned out very well. She does a good job in taking care of me. She's very qualified with information technology stuff and all kinds of electronics. She's beginning to learn to be a fairly good cook. She prepares my meals for me. She assists me if I have any chores outdoors or anything like that. She keeps the house cleaned up. She also checks out my respirator everyday. I like her dependability; it's very good. I can generally depend on her to be here when she's supposed to. She takes care of things here and she doesn't have to be told. On the administrative side, they're very considerate.

Julie4 October 10, 2012

I did some amount of interviews with other providers. Senior Helpers just seemed to be more interested in specifically finding out what my parents needed while the other companies were more like a nursing type of thing. Cheryl's group seemed to really care about finding a good match for my parents. My parents are still on-going with them because we have been using them since 2012. I like them very much. They're easy to communicate with. They're always there if ever I needed to talk to someone. They're pretty good about notifying me if there's a quick change like if something happened to one of the caregivers and they'll have to make a switch really quick. They're good with notifying me about that. They're also good about finding replacements that are a good fit for my parents.

The caregivers are just great. They're very attentive and professional. They're kind and patient. My dad has Alzheimer's and Parkinson's and my mom deals with a lot of pain. They have different sets of problems with each of my parents but they manage them well. I've been really impressed with what they do.

Suzanne3 October 10, 2012

My father had a seizure on a Saturday night around 10:00 pm and they were the only ones who picked up the phone.

They were prompt and professional. They were caring toward my Dad. He had dementia, Alzheimer's and Parkinson's. They had been really patient with him. They facilitated the co-care with hospice. They were really hand in hand with them. They never failed even if I give them short notice within hours. They would do their best to help me. They would find somebody and send them out which is invaluable. They were just so kind. My father since passed away. They saw me and my dad all the way through the crisis. They were caring towards me, my father and my husband.

The managers would check every couple of days to see if they're people are meeting my expectations and they always were. I think they're a wonderful, caring and invaluable service. My father started out in an assisted living facility. As he quickly deteriorated, I started out with them helping me in the assisted living because my father started falling a lot. To put it all together, we have used their service for 6 months now.

From Senior Helpers

Care and Comfort at a Moments Notice

Whether you need the assistance of Senior Helpers 24/7 or just a few hours a day, we are here to help. Our service options are flexible and customized according to your specific situation, and your personalized plan can be a combination of any of our services available.

We are licensed by the Oklahoma State Department of Health to provide companion and personal caregivers to anyone who needs help. We are locally owned and operated, bonded, insured and all our caregivers are carefully screened, undergoing full background checks, employment checks and are employees of Senior Helpers. They are caring, dependable, reliable and have experience in working with the elderly , especially in memory care.

Personal Services

• Bathing, Dressing Assistance and Hygiene
  • Ambulation Assistance
  • Transferring and Positioning
  • Toileting and Incontinence Care
  • Feeding and Special Diet Assistance
  • Dementia Care
  • Our personal caregivers also provide all services listed under companion services

Companions

• Meal planning and preparation
  • Laundy
  • Light Housekeeping
  • Grocery Shopping
  • Errands
  • Transportation (dr's visits, social occasions (drive to church, family events)
  • Medication Reminders
  • Pet care
  • Live in services
  • 24 hour care
  • Respite care for the overwhelmed family member

Our Service Area

• Glenpool
  • Sapulpa
  • Okmulgee
  • Sand Springs

**Please call for areas not listed above as special arrangements could be considered on a case to case basis**

We offer the following additional benefits

• Office personnel available 24 hours a day for client emergencies, ability to start services in most areas within 2 hours (ex.mom or dad suffers a fall and can't be left alone, urgent hospitalization,etc)
  • No minimum hours required & we can design a plan of care to fit your loved one's needs
  • Approved provider with most Long Term Care Insurers
  • Approved provider for Veteran's Aid and Attendance Program
  • Coordinated care with Hospice, Home Health, Rehabilitative Services, Independent Senior Living and Assisted Living Facilities
  • RN on staff- RN able to provide management of medications for clients living at home

Caregiver Skills

• All caregivers employed are bonded and insured
  • Caregivers have extensive memory care experience, experience with clients on hospice, grief issues, communicating with family, ability to help in assisted living or transition client to memory facility

Cost

• $16.50 to 18.50 per hour depending on service type
  • Peace of mind visit - $27.50
  • Live In Service "“ pls. call for special rates!!!

Payment Options: Check,and all major credit cards accepted