Casa De La Luz Hospice

7740 N. Oracle Rd, Tucson, AZ, 85704

Reviews of Casa De La Luz Hospice

Carol19 January 03, 2013

We used them for my father. It was very hard for me to get a hold of any of the nurses that were supposed to be on call. They just seemed to just drop off the radar. When I had some questions I was not able to obtain any callback from them in a manner that would be helpful to me. I didn't find them to be very supportive. I didn't experienced a lot of individualized care from them. They were not available to do any type of support that I needed. It was very hard to reach for somebody on the phone. When I needed the support for my father when he was dying, the hospice person that was on call was very abrupt and told me that my father is dying and that I should expect it. Having them was not a good experience for me.

happygrandma2010 September 29, 2011

I visited Casa De La Luz when a family member had been moved there from the hospital. She was elderly and dying of cancer, and we had nowhere to move her. This place was close to Northwest Hospital and her home, and seemed accommodating enough. I didn't talk to the staff much, but when I did they were courteous and helpful. Every time we went in she seemed relatively happy and well taken care of. Everything was always clean. When you walk in the atmosphere is surprisingly light for the type of place it is. It feels sophisticated and the wall sconces provide nice, warm lighting. There was a seating area with some comfortable furniture that gave the place a cozy feel that I remember. I spent many hours out there while she slept drinking the complimentary coffee and tea they have. If the need ever arises again, they will be the ones I call.

From Casa De La Luz Hospice

"Casa de la Luz" is Spanish for "house of light." That's what one needs when facing a terminal illness "• a house of light, to provide comfort, support, and experienced hospice care during the end-of-life journey. When the final months of life approach, most people agree that they want to be at home, treated with respect, free of pain, have personal wishes upheld, and to be remembered. Casa strives to accomplish all this for every patient... because every day counts. Founded in 1998 by two Tucsonan women, Lynette Jaramillo and Agnes Poore, RN, Casa de la Luz Hospice has become a leading provider of superior hospice care to terminally ill patients and their families throughout Tucson and its surrounding communities.

Casa is here to help manage and provide support in the final stages of a terminal illness. The Medicare Hospice Benefit defines 'terminal' as having a life expectancy of six months or less, if the disease runs its expected course. Hospice costs are fully covered by the Medicare Hospice Benefit and most insurance plans.

Features of Casa De La Luz Hospice

Medicare (ratings last updated: 06/16/17)

• Ownership Type: Other