Heart To Heart Hospice of Austin

4029 Capital Texas Highway, Austin, TX, 78705

Reviews of Heart To Heart Hospice of Austin

JD Wilson May 16, 2013

My brother Jerry was in care with Heart To Heart from dec 2012 to Feb 2013. They helped us get through this in every aspect of the process. You have to have a special calling for this type of work and every person I dealt with had that calling. Eric Mann, nurse Nancy, aid Teresa and every other person was genuinely caring and helpful. They were always available and willing to help. I would never have been able to get through this and know how to handle everything but they were there for me and my brother. I don't have enough words or praises to express my gratitude during this difficult time. Thank you Heart to Heart.

Craig7 January 03, 2013

Heart to Heart Hospice of Austin has done a tremendous job with my Mom. We have had nothing but a positive experience thus far.

Lynn G. August 19, 2012

Heart to Heart Hospice was there for me and my family at one of the hardest times of our lives. We were losing my grandmother and the hospital was trying to make us move her. She would not have survived the transport to another facility, but the hospital was insistent that she leave. I contacted Heart to Heart Hospice and they were there immediately. They came in, worked between the hospital and the doctor on my behalf and made the last 24 hours of my grandmother's life what it should have been. I went from being frustrated with the "system" to being able to focus on the last few hours I had with my grandmother. The Heart to Heart Hospice staff were like guardian angels for us at the end of my grandmother's life. They prepared us for what was to come and made my grandmother so much more comfortable that she had been. I feel so blessed and thankful for what Heart to Heart Hospice did for us that I am now a volunteer with them. It feels really good to be supporting such a worthy cause with a company that takes that cause to heart. I highly recommend Heart to Heart Hospice to anyone who has a need for hospice care.

deby June 21, 2012

This Hospice group is a team effort - and everyone involved with my mom's care I would recommend to anyone without reservation. They are compassionate, caring employees and I wouldn't trade any of them, specifically, Patty, Eric, Norelia, Melissa, and Tammy (the ones I have met so far). Please consider them one of the best!

texanxbaby March 15, 2012

Heart to Heart of Austin is not just a service provided to patients in need....its a group of outstanding people there to assist with just about any need your love one could have. For the patient, they are knowledgeable understanding willing and able to handle any situation. For the family, they are loving helping and absolutely amazing in their care and explanations. They have so many different services that make life so much easier and so much more fulfilling every single day. For those of us caring for a loved one...the time we have this very day is priceless, don't waste it worrying about what if's or what should i do's. Let Heart to Heart hold your hand and guide you through this tough time. It was the best choice I ever made and I will tell everyone I possibly can. :)

JAB March 29, 2011

Heart to heart has it's agenda

Before speaking with a "sales agent" for heart to heart please be aware of what you may get. They have a staff that includes people who will not work with the family or patient to respect their wishes. If you are admitted to this hospice care don't expect any care unless you want a drug induced coma. My mothers grossly unprofessional case manager continually reminds us they are here for "comfort care" so dehydration, bedsore prevention, UTI and shingles are not covered. The have a case manager there who will push her end of life opinion on you none stop and if you don't agree she will remind you that she is the decision maker and the mouthpiece for the doctor

SmcKenzie August 07, 2010

not hospice but more like a sales pitch

My Mom was struggling with breast cancer and heart disease and I made the wrenching decision to place her in a nursing home because she needed round the clock care. She was confused and agitated and the director of nursing suggested I place her with heart to heart hospice so she could get a home health aide. I had a million questions and was so disappointed to realize the admission person was from the Marketing Department and was not a nurse. I wanted to think it over but was berated into signing up. It felt more like the nursing home and hospice agency were more interested in my mom's insurance than they were her care. I always imagined that a hospice nurse would be a warm and loving presence to help me through the most difficult time of my life - not a sales pitch. My Mom's death was not the peaceful loving experience I hoped for. I am so sorry, Mom.

About Heart To Heart Hospice of Austin

Heart To Heart Hospice of Austin is a hospice care provider serving Austin, TX and the surrounding area. Heart To Heart Hospice of Austin offers care and emotional, social, and spiritual support for patients and their families in end-of-life scenarios. Contact the provider for more details on services and rates.