Brooks Home Care Advantage

5836 RICHARD STREET, Jacksonville, FL, 32216

Reviews of Brooks Home Care Advantage

bobba March 19, 2014

Brooks nurses seem to have problems showing up for appointments and they don't bother to call the customer to let them know. This keeps you waiting and wondering if . And when they are going to come or not. Also if you have a problem and call . The office, it takes forever to get a call back. I had a bandage fall off a open wound and was told they would send someone right out but they never came. Right now I haven't seen or heard from a nurse this week, they are to see me twice a week. This is middle of the week and not as much as a phone call. Some . People say brooks is great, but you can not prove it by me.

Gay1 November 28, 2013

The hospital gave me few choices of home health agency and Brooks Home Care Advantage was one of them. I choose them because I knew they were good and they have a good reputation. I like everything about their services. The people that they sent out were great. I would not say anything bad about them. We've had therapists and nurses and all of them were very knowledgeable, helpful, caring, patient, on time, and they are very easy to work with. My mom loves having them come. I would definitely recommend this agency.

brazilenut2 August 02, 2011

Other

The Brooks in-Home Care nurse for my mother is excellent. Always listening and caring. The nurse is very knowledgeable of basic care and especially wound care for diabetics. We always ask for her.

About Brooks Home Care Advantage

Brooks Home Care Advantage is a home health agency serving Jacksonville, FL and the surrounding area. Brooks Home Care Advantage offers around-the-clock medical and non-medical care in the home. Contact the agency for more details on services and rates.

Features of Brooks Home Care Advantage

Medicare (ratings last updated: 06/11/17)

• Overall:
  • Ownership Type: Private
  • Date Certified: 12/20/2000
  • Services offered: Nursing Care, Physical Therapy, Occupational Therapy, Speech Pathology, Medical Social, Home Health Aide

Quality of Service

• Timeliness of providing service
    96.5%
  • Taught patient or caregivers about their drugs
    99.8%
  • Checked patient's risk of falling
    99.9%
  • Checked patient for depression
    99.6%
  • Checked for flu vaccination
    77.8%
  • Checked for pneumonia shot
    80.1%
  • Provided diabetes specific care including getting doctors orders, giving foot care, and teatching patients about foot care
    98.9%
  • How often patients had less pain moving around
    75.8%
  • How often home health patients had to be admitted to the hospital
    16.3%
  • How often patients receiving home health care needed urgent, unplanned care in the ER without being admitted
    13.8%
  • How often home health patients, who have had a recent hospital stay, had to be re-admitted to the hospital
    Worse Than Expected
  • How often home health patients, who have had a recent hospital stay, received care in the hospital emergency room without being re-admitted to the hospital
    Worse Than Expected

Patient Improvement

• Walking or moving around
    69.7%
  • Getting in and out of bed
    68.6%