South Port Square | Continuing Care Retirement Community

23023 Westchester Blvd., Port Charlotte, FL, 33980

Top nearby Continuing Care Retirement Communities

Reviews of South Port Square | Continuing Care Retirement Community

Ann108044050 June 16, 2015

South Port Square was an amazing facility. It would be an ideal place that you would want to retire to if you could afford it. The staff was absolutely superior. They were excellent. They did everything that they could do to make the visit a pleasant experience.

anonymous100392450 January 19, 2015

I have visited the South Port Square. The rooms were nice, and they are of good size. It is a very good facility.

Reida1 September 30, 2014

The one that I do like the most and I would consider going to, if I were going to go to one, would be South Port Square. I like it because it is laid out like a campus. It’s not a high-rise building. I like it because of all the activities they have. They have shows. They have dances where the residents can dance as well. They have aqua exercises and various things like that. You name it, they have it. It’s not cheap, but it’s a great place if you can afford it.

The staff is friendly and wonderful. The rooms are lovely. They have loads of closet space. It’s a wonderful facility, and I would recommend it very highly.

The food is wonderful at South Port Square. I’ve had meals there. They have 2 different restaurants. One is casual, and one is a little more formal. Any day if you want to have your big meal at lunch time, you can do that. If you want to have your big meal at dinner time, you can do that. You’re not locked into a definite schedule, so I like that.

Caring73575050 July 31, 2014

I like South Port Square very much. The gentleman spent 4 more hours with me and my daughter. He took me all over, explained everything, financials, what they had, what it included. He brought me up to a lounge room where people were meeting every night and having a before-dinner drink. The people were lovely.

What I had was very good. I only had one meal there but it was very, very good. The other thing that I liked about it is it's continuing care so that if you should get sick and need it for whatever reason, you don't have to go to another facility. They just take care of you right in your room. I like the idea of that.

The grounds were lovely. The rooms were beautiful, very, very well-kept. It's not the cheapest place here. They did say to me if I like to come up and stay for 2 or 3 days, they'll make arrangements for me and I get to feel this place which I thought was a very good idea.

LovelyLady13 June 26, 2014

My friend happened to have a room at South Port Square. It is a complex with independent living, senior care, and then nursing. I wasn't really happy with them. It was clean, and the staff was friendly, but I think it was more lip service than anything else. It is the most exclusive, the most expensive care facility in that area, so I just expected a lot more from them. We chose it because my friend wanted only the best and the most expensive or the most exclusive. The food was horrible. Every day they had some activities. They have a separate bedroom and living room, and there's a small kitchen and a small bath.

Caring51886550 April 11, 2014

South Port Square is just so huge. They have single living apartments; they have homes. They have 6 or 7 tall several-story buildings. I wouldn't want anything that huge. The doctor tells me I have no knees, and it would be very difficult for me to get around, but if you really want to go there and have the money, it's very expensive. You could whistle for a cart or something to get you around. There are little ice cream shops around in there, and if you lived in a distant building, you would have to have a little cart to take you to their ice cream shop.

Because it's so full all the time, you would actually have to know someone to let them into their unit. The rooms were more spacious, but they were very nice. You wouldn't be embarrassed to invite people to see you. It's very, very pleasant. It is really beautiful, and they just keep adding tall buildings all around.

Diane17 December 28, 2013

I found South Port Square to be a wonderful facility. I moved in this facility three months ago and I just love it! It's a Brookdale. It's a big place, there are a lot of grounds here, yet I have never seen grounds kept that well. It's a retirement community but they do have assisted living. I'm in the retirement place. The people who work here are wonderful. They're great people! Evidently, the people who run it are also great! I have a bedroom, a living room and a little kitchen. It's wonderful. There is a lot of activities everyday. We eat in a dining room and food is good. They also have a little ice cream shop where you can go and have lunch and ice cream. It's very nice and very inexpensive. I certainly would recommend South Port Square.

Mary48 November 29, 2013

South Port Square was a beautiful place and I am sure the patients were well taken care of. I had not tasted the food but it seemed to be wonderful and the guests said that it's very good. The staff that I had talked seemed extremely caring. They were wonderful in handling their patients. The only thing that we wondered about was that they seemed to be understaffed. We had been there a couple of times, there was nobody who answered the door for a while and a couple times, it took a while for me to get out of there because there was no one to let us out the door. That would be the scariest part. They needed more staff. I do know they had some entertainment especially on weekends they took their patients to another building or another part of the campus. I thought they were well qualified.

Enid1 September 11, 2013

We just moved to South Port. We sleep here two nights and so far everybody is very helpful and friendly. The food is not bad, not terribly gourmet, but it is certainly good.

Robert49 August 27, 2013

South Port Square was nice. They had everything that I liked. They even had a swimming pool. They had a lot of things going on. The food was very good and they had a beautiful dining room.

Lolly2 July 24, 2012

I visited South Port Square of Port Charllotte and the average age there is 80. It's a smaller community. The people there are very caring and very nice. The people are very much look after each other. Actually, even though it wasn't as resortish as the other facility that I visited I would probably prefer this one. I think the staff in South Port Square is much more caring and the staff is more personal. Even though they have a few activities, they're not so much into them. The people though all of them are older they still help each other.

From South Port Square

South Port Square provides a full range of choices for today's seniors. Choosing a senior living community represents a lifestyle choice and we understand that our residents are choosing much more than a comfortable living environment to call home. Our Brookdale community delivers Inspired Independent Living, with the promise of Exceptional Experiences Everyday. In choosing this community, our residents have made a conscious lifestyle decision designed to deliver enhanced opportunities for pursuing health and life fulfillment through the exceptional services, amenities and opportunities we offer.

Our Optimum Life® and Celebrations programs provide an all-encompassing way of life that touches our residents, their families and associates alike. Optimum Life® is a journey of self-discovery including services, features and benefits that allow each resident to pursue their peak level of health, wholeness and fulfillment while balancing six key dimensions of personal wellness: emotional, intellectual, physical, social, spiritual and purposeful. As part of Optimum Life® we encourage our residents to celebrate life each day. Inspired dining and vibrant lifestyle activities come together in our Celebrations program, filling the monthly calendar with themed experiences, special events and group activities that highlight different cultures and cuisines in a common venue of camaraderie.

Within its Continuing Care Retirement Communities, Brookdale Senior Living provides Rehabilitation and Healthcare Centers, where professional staff provide compassionate medical care when needed. Whether for short-term rehabilitation, or for longer-term nursing care, our communities provide excellent services and attention that extends beyond the clinical details of recovery.

Residents of Brookdale Continuing Care Retirement Communities enjoy peace of mind knowing that opportunities for optimizing their health, wellness and convenience await them. With Inspired Independent Living, Personalized Assisted Living and Skilled Nursing care, Brookdale Continuing Care Retirement Communities provide the lifestyles our residents want, the services they need and abundant opportunities to enjoy life in comfort, with convenience and style.

Features of South Port Square

• Internet in residents' rooms
  • Technology extra: Emergency call system
  • Wi-fi in residents' rooms and shared areas

• Skilled nursing
  • Physical therapy
  • 24 hour nurses: Yes

• Companion suites: We offer companion suites

• Golf
  • General store
  • Pool
  • Coffee shop
  • Shared space where residents can host parties
  • Features extra: Library, Fitness Room/Gym, W/D in apt.

• Meals delivered to residents' rooms
  • Some residents have in-room full kitchens (including oven, etc.)

• Arts, woodworking, craft
  • Religious services
  • Book clubs
  • Wii sports competition
  • Tai chi
  • Activities extra: Computer class

• Private services

• Minimum age: 65

• We help with selling the house (finding a realtor. staging, etc)
  • We help families understand VA benefits
  • We help families explore other financial options to afford senior living

Location of South Port Square