Newcastle Place

12600 N. Port Washington Road, Mequon, WI, 53092

Reviews of Newcastle Place

Beth Louise August 28, 2016

Friendly, interesting people to be with. Beautiful surroundings. Great fitness center with wonderful swimming pool and water exercise classes. Lovely dining rooms with delicious meals. !

Jim 2103 August 27, 2016

As a thirteen year resident of Newcastle Place I have had the opportunity to experience practically every phase of senior living. My wife and I had an apartment where we lived until my wife needed skilled care. The care could not have been better. The staff is caring and competent and in my opinion far above the average. We have two dining rooms well managed and well trained chefs and staff. The food and service make dining a pleasure. To keep one fit we have a fitness program and a variety of equipment in the gym-pool and whirlpool. An excellent transportation service; entertainment on a regular basis, outings; church services by our own chaplain. The building and grounds are beautiful and the people are friendly (much like a family). This is without a doubt a five star place to live.

Nature Mystic August 27, 2016

This is a community of welcoming residents and staff who you can engage in conversation, trips, meals and other activities, but if you desire to be alone you can do so. The facilities are visually like a home and not institutional. Residents can suggest activities or trips and the staff will move on with the planning and scheduling. Communications with the residents are extensive with a staff newsletter, bulletin board postings and a resident written and picture newsletter. Transportation is provided for all purposes and nature abounds in and on the campus grounds and ponds.

Glenn s August 27, 2016

After developing some health issues my wife and I decided to search for retirement communities around Milwaukee. After many visits we found the lifestyle and care at Newcastle Place fit our needs perfectly. From great dining experiences with flexible hours-great fitness and wellness programs along with activities and events that are offered daily made Newcastle Place the perfect fit. We enjoy the interaction with residents and staff. With an on site care navigator we know if some thing changes with our health she is there to support us. Having access to higher levels of care if needed is a huge benefit to us. I compared cost of living here with my cost of living at home and determined it was affordable to make the move. We couldn't be happier!!!

Corinne123 August 27, 2016

I have lived at Newcastle for 13 years and have enjoyed all facilities, faculty and appreciate their ability to "keep us alive" . We have everything we need and my family is very happy that I am content and happy also. I would recommend this living to anyone. It could not be more perfect. I have the best in life and am very grateful.

Sybil Jones December 28, 2015

My mother is there now and when she started living there it was wonderful. It is very expensive and beautiful but since the new owners took over, the quality of care, the level and quality of help and even food quality has declined drastically. The kitchen staff used to be attentive but now frequent mistakes are made. I am afraid the training level has fallen off. The people that live here are used to a certain level of service and they are not getting it. I don't know what goes on with other things but our family does share many meals with her so that is what we see. She is over 90 so we cannot move her now. You can believe we will keep a close eye on her. It is very sad when you pay hundreds of thousands of dollars and still cannot receive quality care.

Thank you for providing us with this valuable feedback. We would welcome the opportunity to have a discussion so that we can better understand and address the concerns. Please feel free to contact us by calling our direct line at (262) 387-8800 and requesting Julie Bissonnette, Executive Director. Your feedback is important so that we can meet and exceed expectations.

Marie04 January 29, 2015

No one here know's what they are doing. Stay away from the memory care unit - the staff is untrained and that is the least of the problems. Most of the cna's are beyond rude and have no business caring for a dead plant much less a human being.

Kimberly5 July 29, 2013

It's very luxury oriented and very expensive. But the staff was wonderful. You could go from retirement living, assisted care and then hospice. It covered the waterfront. The rooms were lovely and spacious. The community was very active. They had tons of programs, opportunities and activities. They had everything from crafts to musical to exercise to dance groups and others. They had swimming pools. I highly recommend it to others.

Susansmith May 27, 2013

do not put your loved ones in here. We put my father in here. Shortly after, he developed sores and a really bad infection. We took him to the doctor and he said that he knew of problems at new castle. We immediately tried to remove my father, but they would not let them leave. They started withholding medicine from my father to get back at us. We had to call the police. It was a horrible. We finally were able to remove him. And put him in another facility and he made a full recovery. Run away from this place. We heard about them, but the place looked nice. Smoke and mirrors.

kishro August 07, 2011

New Castle Place is an attractive facility, decorated with a variety of paintings, furniture, and artistic pieces that are attractive and entertaining. The residents exercise a good deal of independence and have access to a collection of activities and services including a library, game and puzzle area, pool, chapel, and dining room. The food is good for a senior home, as it offers a pick-and-choose menu that is suitable for both residents and their guests. While the facility is pleasant to the eye and offers options for residents, it is not as flexible or accommodating in extensive care. While my relative enjoyed independent living for a majority of the year, she suffered some foot problems that occasionally moved her to extensive care. What should have been the top priority, top quality aspect of the facility (the medical help) was the poorest part of the experience. Aids were expensive and not helpful or considerate. There was an incident where an aid rammed my relative's foot into a wall and worsened the injury. This facility is a good choice for people who plan to live independently and can care for themselves. Not recommended for anyone who may need extensive care within the facility.

About Newcastle Place

Newcastle Place is a continuing care retirement community in Mequon, WI that offers housing options for currently healthy people who want to secure their healthcare plan throughout the aging process. Contact Newcastle Place for more details on CCRC housing and rates.

Features of Newcastle Place

• 24 hour nurses: Onsite 24/7

• Monthly rent is all inclusive

Location of Newcastle Place