Christian Health Care Center Assisted Living

Overview of Ratings

3.0

October 14, 2011

By Laura F1

In July 2011 I fell down a flight of stairs. In my fall I broke my right wrist and my right leg. I couldn't go back home until I could walk on my leg and take care of myself. So at the age of 43 I signed myself into an a nursing home for 8 weeks. It was the worst 8 weeks of my life. While I had a broken leg and wrist I could still do a lot of things for myself, but needed help doing other things. I learned first hand how hard it is to be a nurses aid, how little they are paid and how the patients who can' speak and don't have family to speak for them don't get the care they deserve. Prior to my accident I showered daily, but at the Christian home you were bathed every other day on a schedule and over the weekend you went 3 days between bathing.My stay helped me to realize how much I need long term care insurance, to move to a first floor apartment, and to be happy that I was only stuck there for 8 weeks until I could put weight on my leg.

About Christian Health Care Center

Christian Health Care Center is an assisted living facility in Wyckoff, NJ that offers residents independent living options and daily support services. Contact Christian Health Care Center for more details on housing, services, and rates.

Map of Christian Health Care Center