Christian Health Care Center | Assisted Living

301 Sicomac Avenue, Wyckoff, NJ, 07481

Reviews of Christian Health Care Center | Assisted Living

Anonymous92222050 February 19, 2015

My grandmother was at Christian Health Care 10 years ago, and it was wonderful. The place was clean. It did not smell of urine. It was beautiful. They cared for her very well.

When I visited the facility recently, it was clean, but it smelled of urine, and that bothered me. They had activities like arts and crafts. I think they should improve their carpeting and the smell.

Marie Van Blarcom October 19, 2011

I have lived in Wyckoff almost my whole life. Two years ao I had a stroke and needed rehab services. I had never given much thought to hospitals or rehab facilities. When the hospital social worker came to my room and asked what rehab facility I wanted to go to I made the mistake of just asking if they had any in Wyckoff. I went to Wyckoff Christian on a Monday and the first few days everything seemed fine. I noticed that they had a lot of religious programs and how almost the whole staff wore crosses, but I didn't think anything of it. I was given physical therapy every day and the food seemed decent. Everything was great until Sunday when they have no activities that don't revolve around Jesus. Apparently they are very relgious and they don't have any activies on Sunday that aren't religiously based. I was miserable. If you are looking for a lot of religion then it is a good facility, but if you aren't relgious then run away from Wyckoff Christian Health Care.

Laura F1 October 14, 2011

In July 2011 I fell down a flight of stairs. In my fall I broke my right wrist and my right leg. I couldn't go back home until I could walk on my leg and take care of myself. So at the age of 43 I signed myself into an a nursing home for 8 weeks. It was the worst 8 weeks of my life. While I had a broken leg and wrist I could still do a lot of things for myself, but needed help doing other things. I learned first hand how hard it is to be a nurses aid, how little they are paid and how the patients who can' speak and don't have family to speak for them don't get the care they deserve. Prior to my accident I showered daily, but at the Christian home you were bathed every other day on a schedule and over the weekend you went 3 days between bathing.My stay helped me to realize how much I need long term care insurance, to move to a first floor apartment, and to be happy that I was only stuck there for 8 weeks until I could put weight on my leg.

About Christian Health Care Center

Christian Health Care Center is an assisted living facility in Wyckoff, NJ that offers residents independent living options and daily support services. Contact Christian Health Care Center for more details on housing, services, and rates.

Location of Christian Health Care Center