Sunrise of Westfield

240 Springfield Avenue, Westfield, NJ, 07090

Reviews of Sunrise of Westfield

Caring75641850 February 25, 2014

Sunrise was very nice, very clean and modern looking. The rooms were bigger than the other place I’ve been. The staff was very professional and very nice.

LaurEm August 21, 2012

I was actually impressed by Sunrise of Westfield. You hear horror stories about some assisted living facilities, but this was very pleasant and cheery and well-run for what it was. Yes, it was sometimes depressing because you see many infirm/aged patients who are obviously not going to get better, but overall it didn't seem like a bad place for my relative to be. The staff was wonderful, very warm and friendly, and they were extremely helpful and sincere as my grandfather was admitted back and forth, from the hospital back to Sunrise and back again.

crazygood January 07, 2012

If you are looking for peace and quiet, the Sunrise Assisted Living Facility in Westfield New Jersey is the best place to go. This living facility is nestled in the remote area of the small suburban town of Westfield. This town is very wealthy which means the facility is near a large amount of good restaurants, beautiful hotels and entertainment. My grandfather loves living at Sunrise and despite being at level 2 care (needed medical assistance for certain daily activities) he still feels he had a lot of autonomy. Visiting him is extremely easy and the workings and nurses are all extremely friendly. My grandfather also claims that he loves to converse with the staff and does so for hours and hours. My grandfather is also not the type of person to lie about the experience he is having. Believe me, if he did not enjoy living at Sunrise, he would let his voice be heard. Because Westfield is a wealthy town, Sunrise knows that its residents (or the family members of residents) have the money to pay ridiculous fees. But i guess you pay for the best. Great food, social events, cleanliness and the professionalism of the staff is all worth the money.

Beth TG November 18, 2011

My mother was in Sunrise for over a year. She enjoyed the fact that she had her own suite, her own things. The staff and caregivers made her last months comfortable. She felt safe, she was well cared for. You can't ask for more than that for your family member.

tracy7116 October 20, 2011

I visited this elegant nursing home with my daughter as part of a Girl Scout field trip. The nursing home had an abundance of activities for the guests to partake in, including scheduled monthly visits from the nearby girl scout troops. The nursing home held visible semblance to a high class hotel, and every single guest appeared more than content with his or her surroundings. The guests' faces also lit up as all of the girl scouts walked in to talk to them personally and perform a song for everyone. The activities that all of the guests have the option of participating in were so varied and enjoyable that even the girl scouts had a great time partaking in them. Many of the girls were talking about how they did not want to leave the Sunrise Assisted Living Nursing Home at the end of the visit. In fact, one girl went so far as to ask the receptionist how much it would cost for her to stay there when she would be older. Overall, it was an enjoyable trip for all, and I'd definitely recommend the Sunrise Assisted Living Nursing Home to anyone who is in need.

CheeseDoodles September 29, 2011

Forget the cold, dreary and bleak world of nursing homes. This place is cozy. The facilities are in a very quiet area, which is a great environment for providing palliative elderly care. The staff I met with were extremely friendly and willing to answer my multitudes of questions. They were extremely patient, which was a great sign considering my loved one's declining brain function. The reason we visited was to check out options for my loved one. This place eased some of our fears about assisted living, and definitely gave us a standard to hold other facilities up to. We ended up not using this facility only for its distance from our family, otherwise we would have definitely had our loved one here. However, everybody is different, so definitely look at a facility with your own eyes to determine if a place is right for your family member or friend. All in all, this place was nice!

EloiseGrey September 10, 2011

The place is located in the middle of nowhere, but it gives the place a really calming and peaceful feeling. The environment was really comfortable and relaxing. The staffs are really friendly and kind to the elderly. The elderly all seemed really happy. The compound is huge so there is a lot of space to have activities which helps the elderly to kill boredom. The place gives me a really homey feeling even though I was only there for a day. The place is clean and the atmosphere is really healthy for the elderly to live in. The facilities are complete and up to date. According to the staffs, there are people visiting from time to time, many are care workers, some are people like me, who just wants do something for the society. This will keep the elderly occupied and happy because they will play games with them or just simply chat with them. This is a place I would recommend to those who needs an assisted living facility.

DagnyGiga June 23, 2011

This facility was actually great even though it's in the middle of nowhere, but it actually gives of this serene and calming feeling to anyone that spends even a day there. The territory of the facility is vast and large and the trees give of the nature feel to the experience. The outside looks a little out dated but nonetheless it is well kept and people seem to enjoy what they are doing. The inside is very large and contains many senior citizens. They all look happy but sometimes get tired of the nature and outdoors. But when this happens they still have a lot of activities to attend to end their boredom.

YourKar June 05, 2011

Visited this facility

The Sunrise Assisted Living Facility of Westfield, New Jersey is a welcoming home for its members and the like. The architecture and the bright landscape that envelops the home secures a sense of safeness and camaraderie between the employees and those living there. Not only does the facility feature up-to-date activities to occupy the time, such as lavish pool tables and flat screen televisions, but the home regularly invites those from the Girl Scout Troop to have conversations with the elderly. The entire atmosphere of Sunrise promotes a sense of love and caring, and I would definitely recommend it to anyone in need of an assisted living facility.

From Sunrise of Westfield

Step into a Sunrise Senior Living community and you can't help but feel at home. We stop at nothing to make your experience warm and inviting, from our homelike exterior architecture to our comfortable community areas and choice of suites to our exceptional outdoor gardens and landscaping. Look around and you'll notice fresh flowers throughout the residence, and you may even spot our dog or cat.

Services & Amenities at Sunrise of Westfield

Although services and amenities vary slightly by location and care level, they typically include:

• Daily physical fitness, creative, social, learning and spiritual activities, scheduled group trips and resident-sponsored clubs for a variety of interests
  • Up to three delicious, well-balanced meals served daily featuring a variety of menu choices with snacks available throughout the day
  • Trained staff available 24 hours a day
  • Monthly wellness visits by a licensed on-staff nurse
  • Weekly housekeeping and daily trash removal
  • Weekly personal laundry
  • Social and educational programs for families
  • Scheduled resident and family meetings
  • Gracious accommodations with a variety of floor plans
  • Maintenance of building and grounds

For more information on the services and amenities available for the care level you are seeking, please give us a call or stop by the community.

Location of Sunrise of Westfield