Atria Hamilton Heights

One Hamilton Heights Drive, West Hartford, CT, 06119

Reviews of Atria Hamilton Heights

Doug15 October 18, 2014

I went to Atria without an appointment and they treated me very well. It was a very nice, inclusive tour and they gave me a lot of information.The tour was conducted by the director of the place, it is a beautiful but expensive community . I toured the apartments and it is a wonderful place for someone who needs assisted living.

Rosemarie6 July 31, 2014

Atria Hamilton Heights is excellent. I looked at quite a few facilities and I didn’t see anything as excellent as Atria. The staff are wonderful and they offer help all the time. The rooms are beautiful and they have little apartments too. The food is delicious. They have happy hours and they offer a lot of things all day long. They play cards, do Yoga, everything. We chose Atria because they seem very caring. As far as I am concern, they are excellent.

Kevin8 March 27, 2014

We visited Atria and I liked it equally as much as the other one; it just came down in price. The staff was very nice. It was an older building and remodeled former live-in high school. However, it's kind of historic with a lot of charm to it. It seemed like they had a little bit more space, but I don't know if that's always a good thing. In terms of my dad, I thought he was more comfortable in something that was a little bit easier to maneuver around.

Geri1 November 30, 2013

Atria was a beautiful facility. Everything looked really nice. The staff was extremely friendly. There was no doubt in my mind as far as how I wanted my parents to live there. However they had decided not to go an assisted living and just stay here at home.

David71383150 November 21, 2013

Atria was very upscale. It was more engaging for the residents. It seemed to be more independent type, something that I would have considered for my brother to live in the earlier stages. The staff was excellent and wonderful.

Bubbe1 August 15, 2013

Moving my parents from their home was very difficult but necessary due to illness and physical restrictions. I looked at many facilities; in most the individuals just sat around, there were no activities, it was dungy looking and a constant odor. When I walked into Hamilton Heights, it was very different. The building was beautiful and I liked the fact that there were several gathering rooms for family and friends to visit, a kitchen to be used to make family meals and the individual apartments that were available to help the semblance of individuality for the residents. There were tons of activities, and a van that took the residents out on a weekly basis. Staff was always there to make us feel welcome and answer any/all questions that we had during the selection process as well as during my Mom's care there. Eventually she did need to be moved to a nursing facility as she suffered a stroke and could no longer stay there. It was a sad day when we left as we had made many friends with the staff as well as other residents.

Clara1 February 22, 2013

Atria Hamilton Heights is a high-end facility. The place was very historic and was restored in a very elegant manner. It was a beautiful, well-maintained place. He made friends there and he didn't have any general complaints. However, I did not feel that the medical staff was as responsive as they should be. They could also improve on communication with family. I did not feel that they did a good job with that. But the facility was certainly clean at all times.

We appreciate your feedback about our community and welcome the opportunity to discuss your experience with us. Please contact us at customerservice@atriaseniorliving.com and include your review details and the community name so that we can talk further about the situation.

lhunter July 11, 2012

While I go to visit my great aunt frequently, the last time that I went to visit her (this past Friday) I had an experience that really stuck out in my head. At Hamilton Heights there is a large room on the main floor where residents go to play games/hear music etc. They get their entertainment there. While in there I noticed an elderly woman who was sitting in her wheelchair crying. She was sitting next to me, so I leaned over and asked her if she was okay. She told me that she was in a great deal of pain, and had been waiting for 2 hours for the nurse to come and administer her pain medicine. This was about 4 o clock pm. I felt so bad for her, because she was clearly uncomfortable so I went to the receptionist and told her what was going on. I heard her radio to the nurse to tell her that this particular patient was "still waiting for her meds." I was still standing there when I heard the nurse radio back telling her that she was "late for her anniversary dinner" and that "the resident would be fine." I was floored. However, the receptionist did not look nearly as surprised as I was which made me think, how often does that happen around here? It really bothered me, so I plan to talk to the man in charge of the facility this week in regards to this episode. Normally, when I go here, I never see problems or residents that are in discomfort, but this time was different, and it just seemed to wrong to keep this resident in pain because the nurse was "late for dinner" Really?

Thank you for your feedback regarding Atria Hamilton Heights. We're very sorry to hear about your experience at our community, and we appreciate you bringing this matter to our attention. Atria is proud of the high standard it sets for its senior living communities, and strives to continually improve the experience of all residents and families. We would welcome the opportunity to discuss your visit with us in more detail. Please feel free to email us directly at customerservice@atriaseniorliving.com and include the community name.

Nicki0126 June 29, 2012

Atria Hamilton provides a warm, friendly, extremely clean and caring atmosphere for their residents and visitors. My father, who was recently diagnosed with Lateral Sclerosis (a form of ALS) is normally cared for by my 69 year old mother. A few months back my 96 year old maternal grandmother suffered a near fatal massive heart attack in Northern Maine, her prognosis was not good at all. My mother, though she is my father's primary care taker was grieving at the thought of never being able to see her mother again. She knew that without proper care for my father she'd never be able to make the 10 hour trip. She was put in contact with Atria Hamilton who is an assisted living facility and they welcomed my dad for the week with open and very caring arms so my mother could essentially travel up north to say goodbye to her own mother, she needed this closure and thanks to Atria Hamilton she got it. Though the staff and nurses often had to make special accommodations for my dad because of his failing health and lack of mobility they did this graciously and professionally making my dad feel at ease for the duration of his stay. To say their accommodations were amazing in definitely an understatement. Upon my dad's departure several of the staff begged my dad to keep in touch and went out of their way to see him off to take him back home. We were so grateful that there were such caring people available to help us when we were so desperate for the help. No words can express our gratitude to Atria Hamilton and all care givers out there.

nancyj06460 January 21, 2012

Absolutely beautiful. Friendly and competent staff. I can feel at ease knowing my uncle is in a clean, safe environment.

From Atria Hamilton Heights

At Atria Hamilton Heights, you'll enjoy modern, elegant senior living care set against the backdrop of Connecticut's rich history. The ambience and decor of the community's Vanderbilt-style architecture adds to the comfort of Atria Hamilton Heights, with amenities such as a comprehensive library with a cozy fireplace, a billiard parlor and bridge room, country store, and community garden.

Atria Hamilton Heights offers the following services:

• Staff available 24-hours a day
  • Choice of apartments
  • Anytime Cafe
  • Full-time director of events and activities
  • Emergency call system in every apartment
  • Daily restaurant-style meals
  • Housekeeping services
  • Maintenance of apartment, community and grounds
  • Medication assistance