Bella Vita Venice

1420 East Venice Avenue, Venice, FL, 34292

Reviews of Bella Vita Venice

Gail37 July 29, 2015

The rooms at Bella Vita Venice were very nice. We were pleased with what we saw.

Joy29 June 25, 2015

Bella Vita was very nice. Everyone was very nice. They showed us two different styles of rooms, and they were both very nice. The dining area was fine when we had lunch there. They gave us an activity calendar which includes bingo, cards, Wii bowling, and different chair exercise classes. Then they had outings too. I like that everybody there was really nice. I would put my mom there if she was ready.

Jack38 April 20, 2015

We were very impressed with Bella Vita. The people were most helpful. We talked to several of the clients who were living there, and every single one of them said nice things about their care. It was extremely clean, and the people liked it very much.

My mother had a friend who stayed there until she passed away. My mother used to visit her, and she always said nice things about it -- how much her friend liked it and how nice the people seemed to be. We used it as a milestone marker and compared the others against it, and it still stayed number one. From what I’ve seen -- and we went in without an appointment -- I was very pleased. If we’re going to need one -- and we’re likely to in the next month or so -- it’s definitely the one we would go to.

Joann14 January 13, 2015

The facility that I like is called Bella Vita. The person who supervises the place is very organized. They know the names of the people who lived there and whether they are incapacitated or not. They run a very organized facility. I went to the dining area twice, and the food was very nutritional and very satisfying. The people could have their choices of what they wanted. The staff is considerate, kind, and helpful. They have a swimming pool, a big library, and a resting area. They also have club activities that anybody can go to, and they have entertainment as well.

Dell1 January 12, 2015

At Bella Vita, they had very nice people. They had a lovely dining room, but the rooms were way too small. In their one-bedroom, you would be lucky to get a twin bed in there and the living room would hold one easy chair and a TV. I think it's a great place for assisted living, because you're in a wheelchair and don't need much more room. The facility looked very nice from the outside, they kept it well maintained, and it was nice on the inside too, but it was a much older facility. But the rooms were way too small. The lady we talked to and gave us the tour was just a wonderful person. She seemed genuinely concerned about our concerns.

Thank you for visiting and taking the time to share your thoughts about our community. We realize that our rooms are smaller than many expect. Most of our residents are downsizing, which can be a difficult transition. They do not need as many items in our setting, as we provide many items and activities!

Caring9711 December 17, 2014

My sister is in Bella Vita, and she is doing well. It is a very nice place. It has a beautiful lobby and dining room. It is just a beautiful place, and I think they are taking good care of her. I did eat with her in the dining room; the food was very good, and there were quite a few choices.

Benita1 December 05, 2014

Bella Vita was very nice, but it was way beyond our price range. I would want to move there myself, but I couldn't afford it. They certainly were not out of line from what the pricing is for these facilities. It seemed newer, and the design of it seemed much larger and more open. When you went in, the layout of the community was much more inviting. The way that it was setup was almost like it had been a very upscale hotel. It had very a high roof and vaulted ceilings. The people were very alert and very happy, and it smelled nice in there. I think a lot of it too was that it was a larger facility, and it just seemed a little more luxurious.

Caring84991250 July 20, 2014

Bella Vita is a smaller facility. The staff there was very nice and gave me a thorough tour, so I had a good idea of what was going on, where it was going on, what the whole facility looked like. The one thing that I really liked was, in addition to the cost, which wasn't too extravagant, it had nice facilities. You could start out there as an independent living person, and then as you graduate into needing more assistance, you didn't have to move your apartment. More or less, the assistance came to you rather than you moving to the assistance. In my mind's eye, it was clean. Activities were underway. There was ample staff around to handle things as far as I could tell.

crtalkr July 12, 2014

My Dad has beenin Bella Vita for 4 years. The facility as deteroriated beyond wirds. His room is dirty...his tub us full if mold. His personal care is non existent. Currently has open sores on his legs. They only shower them twice a week. The last timeI was there bugs were in his toothbrush. They have been quarantined in the last 3 months for illnesses that spread through out Bella Vita. The food is inferior as well. Yes the activities are nice and so is the staff. But if you are looking fir ant level of care forget it! They do not have the licencing to provide it. AND YES WE HAVE COMPLAINED IN WRITTING and to management....no change. My advice is to stay away.

Denis1 April 23, 2014

Bella Vita is very, very neat. The personnel seemed to be right on target. It seemed to have all the amenities that a person would want. It did not give me a feeling that I was in an old folks' home. I did see their dining room, and it was very nice. For the needs of my sister, I can say that their rooms would have been very adequate.

Olga2 April 11, 2014

The residents seemed very well taken care at Bella Vita. The staff are just excellent in helping the patients, as well as their families. When we went there, the staff explained to us how the facility works. They do have lots and lots of activities in the facility. All in all, it's beautiful.

Gail13 June 26, 2013

Bella Vita is wonderful and an incredible place. Its beautiful. People come from all over the country to stay there. My mom has her own apartment with one bedroom and a little kitchen. They have a big dining room. They have meals three times a day. They have a lot of activities. They take the residents to drives and trips. They keep the residents very, very busy. My mom is still grieving because she lost my dad last year, but she is starting to pick up a little bit. She is having a hard time making friends, but the staff are paying attention to that and I feel that she is very safe there. We are very lucky to find the place.

Eugene1 December 27, 2012

Bella Vita is nice. The rooms were nice, they have big dining room, and everything seems clean. I've recommended them to others. But I just figured out I wasn't ready for it yet. I'm still able to get around and do my own cooking, shopping, and my own cleaning. I do everything myself.

pat keith June 12, 2012

This is a neat and tidy facility where my great grandmother has been staying and everything is great! It seems to be lot of caring & compassionate folks working there and I am very pleased with the facility so far. They give her the support that is very hard for me to provide. They have a wonderful staff full of nice, caring nurses. Overall, I feel comfortable leaving her at this place knowing that she is in good hands. There is an area where the residents can freely walk outside onto a porch and get fresh air. The large common area is where they gather for activities and dining. The staff assures that each resident is seated and gets the proper meal for their needs. They provide laundry service, housekeeping, snacks, meals, and various activities such as bingo, trips outside to ride around town or visit the beach, medication disbursement, assistance with bathing and personal hygiene, and many more everyday tasks. This service is so important to people with Alzheimer's as they progress in the disease and loved ones are no longer capable of caring for them. I would recommend this facility for old people.

From Bella Vita Venice

Bella Vita Venice provides assisted living residents with lifestyles, housing, and services in comfortable surroundings combined with exceptional amenities, programs, and care. Through Brookdale's signature Personalized Assisted Living, we customize our care offerings for the individual. This allows each resident at our community the freedom and opportunity to make choices that will ease their lifestyle transitions. Residents enjoy life with the support they need, coupled with the appropriate accommodations as their needs change.

Features of Bella Vita Venice

• Technology extra: Emergency call system
  • Wi-fi in residents' rooms and shared areas

• Pharmacy
  • Physical therapy

• Companion suites: We do not offer companion suites

• Pool
  • Shared space where residents can host parties
  • Features extra: Library, W/D in residence

• Meals delivered to residents' rooms
  • Some residents have in-room full kitchens (including oven, etc.)

• Religious services
  • Book clubs
  • Wii sports competition
  • Tai chi

• Private services

• Minimum age: 62

• We help with selling the house (finding a realtor. staging, etc)
  • We help families understand VA benefits
  • We help families explore other financial options to afford senior living

• State License(s): AL7200