Welbrook South Bay

3210 W. Sepulveda Blvd., Torrance, CA, 90503

Reviews of Welbrook South Bay

Kathy117762550 December 15, 2015

We are on a waiting list right now at Wellbrook. We like it because it is brand new; they’re still building and won’t be ready until next year. We like that the cost for a single room is much more affordable than it is at some of the other places we have visited. They have a nicer set up, too, which is what made my siblings and I like about this facility the best. They do have lots of different things that they can and are encouraged to do, so they’re not just sitting in their rooms. With this one, we noticed there were many more things going on -- like arts and crafts, bingo, and music -- that I think my mom would do.

SN1 November 30, 2015

Welbrook Senior Living South Bay is an expensive place to live, but if you can afford it, it's OK. If you have some medical issues, I wouldn’t go there. They need to be more aware of the issues that come up with their residents. Their staff was good, but I feel they were short staffed.

anonymous111302950 October 28, 2015

I just came home from Welbrook, and it was very nice. I think this is the one I'll go to, if I ever have to go again. The food was good, and the staff was very friendly and conscientious. I think the security was very good there. The staff was super.

Caring108605750 June 16, 2015

Welbrook was right around the corner of our house, and it was brand new. It had very helpful and very nice people. It was very clean and new inside since it was just built. The staff answered my questions. They wanted us to make an appointment so I could bring in my mother. They gave me the information and asked me to call back, or they would follow up with me. I thought they had everything from karaoke to bingo to painting and different activities for seniors. They had a variety of different menus. It was a decent menu, and I was impressed with it. I would recommend it if they had the money.

Caring107276050 March 08, 2015

I have placed my mom at Welbrook a month ago. It is both assisted living and memory care. It’s brand new, it’s not too big, and it’s close to my house. The caregivers are great, and mom is adjusting. She is in a private room with a huge bathroom and a walk in closet. The food is excellent. They have a full schedule of activities everyday; they have live music on Saturdays. Mother is in memory care, and so far everyone is great. The staff, the activity director, and the whole director of the place have been great.

Lauren11 February 11, 2015

I learned about Welbrook from several different sources. It is brand new, and I drove by while it was being made. My mother has just been there for a week. It is a new place. I went to visit her yesterday, she was out of her room, and that is one of the reason I wanted her to move there. The caregiver was very good in coaxing my mother out. She knew how to talk to my mother, so that was good. You have to have people that know how to talk to Dementia people. There's a certain way you have to talk to them. So far it is a good place. The room is clean, but they let my mother eat in the room. When you let old person eat inside, there's crumbs all over. I want her eating in the dining room and not in her room. They seem to know what they are doing. It's a new place, and they have a little learning curve. My mother is a very difficult person, and nothing is going to make her happy, but I'm not getting any angry phone calls from her. Overall it?s a nice place.

Caring101053350 January 26, 2015

Everything in Welbrook is upgraded. They've done everything to open a top of the line type of facilities. They're hoping to open just a plain memory care building. There is a waitlist, and the lady said she couldn't get us in because there are people that bought the rooms. The staff was really nice when I went in. They have a whole list of activities. They look like they are ready to keep up with their activity because they have crafts and arts stuff available. They even have goodies. It is very welcoming. I would recommend this community.

Rhonda15 January 15, 2015

I went to Welbrook South Bay, and it was a very nice facility. It was lovely. It was a brand new facility. The staff was wonderful and very cordial. I would give them a 10 all the way down the line -- the amenities, and the programs. The dining was lovely. I would recommend it. If I had $5,000 a month, I would be living there. It was accessible to everything. The location was fantastic. It was near shopping, restaurant, parks, hospital, everything.

From Welbrook South Bay

Welbrook South Bay, located in the heart of Torrance, offers a one-of-a-kind senior living experience to those in the South Bay area. Our beautifully landscaped campus offers a private courtyard, beautiful gardens, walking paths and a putting green to be enjoyed by residents and their families. Our resident apartments and spacious common areas offer all the comforts of a custom built home with a grand country club style entrance and dark wood finishes.

Seniors can enjoy a rewarding lifestyle that promotes independence. The good life begins by choosing from one of 70 apartments that is best suited for you. We provide comprehensive support tailored to your needs; maintain your independence, but know that assisted living services are available. Secured memory care accommodations are also offered. Welbrook Senior Living is dedicated to understanding and responding to the individual needs of our residents. We are proud to serve South Bay’s senior community.

Features of Welbrook South Bay