Brookdale Western Hills

3902 West Adams Avenue, Temple, TX, 76504

Reviews of Brookdale Western Hills

Beverly32 March 26, 2014

Sterling House was very helpful with information before we moved in. They were very courteous. My mother is very content and happy, and we're very pleased. The atmosphere was very homey, and the staff was very caring. Everybody has their own apartment, but then they were welcome to join in socially on anything that was available, and it was small enough that you felt comfortable.

The rooms are adequate for what you need. The one that we chose was very sunny and bright and comfortable. The food was good. I understand they have a new chef, so I haven't tried the food since the new chef has come in. But the old chef was very good. They did offer choices. They ask your favorites, likes, and dislikes. They're also very accommodating in that they have alternatives.

BethAnn W. October 09, 2013

Sterling House had a nice environment. They had larger rooms and comfortable for two people. The residents seemed happy there. I had my parents on their waiting list.

Charles25 September 23, 2013

I visited Sterling House for my wife. I like the looks of this facility. I like how they laid out this place. It is completely circular, so you can walk around it. There are many rooms inside. The staff is very, very nice. They interact with their residents quite often. They also have activities for them. They were sitting and talking, just socializing. They were all smiles. I never saw a frown anywhere. I spent time both with the staff and residents there and I think they're great. We were even invited to have a meal; unfortunately I was in a hurry to go somewhere else.

David23 May 11, 2013

We were very happy when my mom first moved into the Sterling House of Temple. It was phenomenal and the people were great. They had Dolly and Faith on their staff and they were very professional. The food was tremendous as well. But then, they let them go and new people came in that I find very unprofessional. Now, these people just treat us with total disrespect. They also let go of their chef, and the food is now terrible. I'm also paying an additional of $585 monthly for fees that we weren't aware of before we moved in and signed the contract. My mother's been there for about a month and I was surprised that somebody from marketing called me up to inquire if she had decided to join their community. So, how can I be comfortable when they didn't even know she was already there? Right now, I'm not happy with them at all.

tenchu400 April 14, 2012

When my Grandmother and got to Sterling House of Temple there the receptionist ensured us she would be in great hands. She listened to all my grandmothers needs, made notes of her situation and provided a guideline on everything they could do for her. They showed us around and offered us special quarters for my Grandmothers health needs. Not to much of a big difference compared to the others but it gave her piece of mind that someone was close by to feed her, bath her, dress her and help her walk around. During her stay she was encouraged to be independent as possible. They also had activities and get together's with the other members such as arts and crafts and other various things to keep them up and about and not glued to the tv. It gave my grandmother at times a great feeling of accomplishment, especially when I called her to check up on her she would be so happy she did this and that. In my opinion if someone has gotten to the point to where they need assistance to live I think that Sterling House of Temple provides a home like feeling, a sense of freedom, and relief knowing that someone is close by if needed.

casdfwe March 10, 2012

At the Sterling House of Temple they promised respect for individual preferences by offering personalized care needs and providing an atmosphere that encourages each resident to live in health and longevity. They also offered special housing and care options for those who require assistance with the activities of daily living such as dressing, bathing and dispensing of medications. Their community offers graduated levels of care based upon the individual need of residents, as determined by our continual assessment process. They were dedicated to enriching the lives of their residents every day with signature services for those who value their freedom and independence, but desire or need services providing them with the highest level of quality, care and value.

From Brookdale Western Hills

Brookdale Western Hills provides assisted living residents with lifestyles, housing, and services in comfortable surroundings combined with exceptional amenities, programs, and care. Through Brookdale's signature Personalized Assisted Living, we customize our care offerings for the individual. This allows each resident at our community the freedom and opportunity to make choices that will ease their lifestyle transitions. Residents enjoy life with the support they need, coupled with the appropriate accommodations as their needs change.

Features of Brookdale Western Hills