Reviews of Swank Home Assisted Living
Overview of Ratings
No Reviews Yet!
Questions About Swank Home Assisted Living
Q: Describe your community's overall population of assisted living residents. What is their average age? What are their favorite things to do?
A: Our age group varies from the 80's up to 100 years young. Our residents enjoy puzzles, playing games, arts & crafts.
Q: What places are near the community or within walking distance for assisted living residents to enjoy?
A: We are located just west of Downtown Swartz Creek, where there is a Senior Center, Library and park. We are also a short distance to shopping centers.
Q: What safety features or security measures do you offer to your assisted living residents?
A: Our home has alarms on all exits doors as well as surveillance cameras in the common areas.
Q: What programs or activities do you offer to enrich your residents’ well-being?
A: Our music therapy is always a big hit as we have many wonderful musicians who come & play for our residents.
Q: What transportation services do you offer to assisted living residents?
A: We do not currently offer transportation but families frequently take their loved ones out.
Q: What makes your chef or dining program exceptional? What kind of menu can assisted residents expect?
A: We have a full time cook who prepares delicious home cooked meals that our residents may have served for their families. We have two small dining rooms so our residents can dine together, family style.
Q: How do you keep residents’ families informed about their loved ones?
A: Our administrator communicates promptly with the families whenever their is a change in their loved ones health. We work closely with their physicians as well.
Q: What is your community's care staff-to-resident ratio during daytime and nighttime hours?
A: We are staffed with two resident care aides per shift 24 hours a day.
Q: If your community accepts dogs or cats, what indoor/outdoor areas can they enjoy?
A: We do not allow pets to live at our home but they are definitely welcome to visit.
Q: What ongoing senior care training does the staff receive?
A: Our resident aides have staff training each quarter on dementia care, safe transfers, fire safety, etc.
Q: What safety features or security measures do you provide to protect residents who wander?
A: We have alarms on all of our exits.
About Swank Home Assisted Living
Swank Home Assisted Living’s mission is to provide the highest quality of personalized care in a comfortable, family environment. We understand the concerns family members have about the safety of their loved ones. Our goal has always been to provide AFFORDABLE CARE. The Swank Home was established in 1986 by Homer & Sharon Swank and has been owned by the daughter, Rhonda Anagnostopolos, since 2001.
Our rates are ALL INCLUSIVE, so we never charge extra for additional care services. Our care plan includes all of the following and may be tailored to fit each individual’s needs.
All items on the list below are included at no extra charge.
- 24 hour-a-day care by trained and caring staff.
- Nurse call system.
- House physicians services available.
- Private or semi-private suites available, with an attached half bathroom. Each room comes furnished with bed and dresser. Residents and their families are encouraged to decorate the rooms with familiar furnishings from home.
- Assistance with bathing, dressing, and personal care.
- Complete medication management with Computerized Electronic Medication (EMARS).
- Our full-time cook prepares delicious home-cooked meals, served family style.
- Fresh fruit, snacks, and coffee available any time of the day or night.
- All housekeeping – rooms are cleaned daily.
- All laundry services – laundry is done twice weekly, or more often if necessary.
- All utility services (heat, electricity, and water). Cable television is available in the living and activity rooms for your enjoyment.
- Fresh hand towels throughout the day as needed.
- Fresh bed linens weekly, or more often if needed.
- Planned daily activities, some of which include Bingo, Sittercizes, Crafts, Games, Movies & Music.
- Church services provided each Sunday.
Telephone and cable television is available in every room at an extra cost.
What Makes Us Special
Since we have been family owned and operated since 1986, you will never feel lost in corporate management. We are well known for our homelike atmosphere in a beautiful country setting. We encourage you to come visit with us before making any decisions for your loved ones care.
Photos of Swank Home Assisted Living
Features of Swank Home Assisted Living
- Minimum Rate: $3400/month
- Minimum Memory Cost: $3600/month
- All Inclusive Rent
Room and housing options
- Companion Suites: We Do Offer Companion Suites
- Housing Extra: Private And Semi Private Rooms
- Resident Capacity: 20
- Pets: No Pets Allowed
- State Licenses: AL250072158