The Foothills at Simi Valley

5300 East Los Angeles Ave., Simi Valley, CA, 93063

Reviews of The Foothills at Simi Valley

Caring92255650 March 31, 2015

My husband was there at the Vintage of Simi Hills for five months. They really didn't know how to handle Alzheimer's people too well. I don't think the caretakers were trained that well or the Director knew how to handle Alzheimer's patients. He wasn't happy there at all, and the food wasn't very good. He complained about the food. He doesn’t talk very much, so he doesn't say very much, but he didn't like the food. The food is much better where he is now. My husband wasn't one to try and get out, and he really didn't have any problem with security. I didn't worry about him in either place. I think they made it a point to be careful that he was taken care of in both places. At the Village of Simi Hills, I had to check my husband off to the doctor, and that was very hard. I wasn't happy at all with the doctor that they recommended. I never could talk to him, and he never called me back. They did blood work and everything, but he never told me the results.

Terri24 November 27, 2014

The visit was great, not just because we live in Simi Valley, but because of the services and their activities. We went there on unannounced visit and we also went on another tour, so we went there a couple of times, and it seems like there’s activities going on when you walk around; people are doing different games and puzzles, they have a movie room, and library. It just seemed like they had a lot more things happening, and the rooms actually seemed a little bit better as far as floor plan, and also the outside seemed more homey to that of an apartment. You can decorate them, and they have shadow boxes outside to make it more personable. Outside, they have like a little pond and different things, more like a big community.

To me the staff was just super, super friendly and everyone was willing to answer your question. You could go anytime and join them and just pay an extra little fee, when you go to visit. We saw families come and just visiting and we saw more inter mingling and it just seemed more like a lot more activities going on.

Gail26 November 15, 2014

I loved Vintage Simi Hills and so did my husband. Everything was so nice and friendly. The meals there were awesome. The dining area was just wonderful. They had entertainment. They had a computer room, a library, and a theater. The rooms were very nice. The grounds were clean and well kept. It was in a nice and quiet neighborhood. The staff was very helpful, very nice, and very cordial. There's nothing that I could say wrong with it at all. I wished I could have moved in there.

Caring96447850 October 28, 2014

Vintage Simi Hills was very nice, very clean, and it had no smell. It was immaculate. My dad and I had lunch, and the food was fabulous. The chef even came out and talked to us after our lunch. The staff was very gracious. The people living there were very friendly too, and you could tell they were happy. We saw two sizes of apartments and based on what my dad could afford, he would have the smaller one, but there was so much open common space that it was still spacious. It seemed a little more secure than the other place we visited. They had an extra wing that seemed to be more secure and I thought that was for the people that may be had the beginning of Alzheimer's or something like that. They had activities like bingo, and we didn't actually see a movie going, but we saw the movie room. We saw a poker room, but we didn't see them playing poker because it was during lunch. Their parking was abundant.

Caring99643450 September 30, 2014

My dad is at Vintage Simi Hills. I like that it has memory care and I also like the location of the facility. The staff are typical. I can't say that they are exceptional, but they are not bad either. Their food is average. The rooms are very clean and very nice.

Caring85068850 June 30, 2014

Vintage Senior Living was too pricey for our budget, but I really enjoyed that facility. They had a garden for the residents to go out in. The facility was very large. The staff really seemed to take care with what they are doing. They have several different outside areas, and they had tables set up for them out there. They also had gardening tables for them where they could build their own gardens. The rooms were a nice size. The ones that we really liked had big windows to the outside, so they were nice and airy. I enjoyed that part of them. I think the rooms were set up very well. The place is very clean.

helper1231 July 11, 2012

This facility is fun to be at. The surroundings are great and the people there are nice as well. Service is very excellent. The people living there are extremely nice and the staff there makes sure all the elderly people are taken care of appropriately. The whole area is kept at a very nice temperature and the interior design is beautiful! Although it is located on the side of a street you can barely hear a sound from the road. The rooms are well equipped to shut off noise from the outside. The rooms also have a gorgeous view when you look out the window. I worked with the staff and noticed that they always have a smile on their face no matter what. They truly do care about the people staying and strive to make them feel like they are at home. Great environment to be at and definitely a recommended assisted living facility to stay at.

michelaborrelli March 28, 2012

This assisted living facility is truly amazing, they treat my grandmother like royalty and I never mind going to visit her. They have a built-in hair and nail salon, they treat EVERY resident with respect, and are always so pleasant when you come in, no matter what the reason. The rooms are a nice size, heated and air conditioned with beautiful views into a courtyard. They hold an ENDLESS amount of activities for the residents, singing, games, and luaus, anything you can imagine. My grandmother is a hard person to please, and she LOVES it here! She loves the volunteers and the staff; she says they are very friendly, always glad to help her whenever she needs it. Vintage Simi also has nights that incorporate the whole family, children, grand-children, whoever you want, bring them along to spend some time with your loved one. There are no feelings of hostility or unfair treatment, this facility is truly incredible, I would not mind staying there.

About The Foothills at Simi Valley

The Foothills at Simi Valley is an assisted living facility in Simi Valley, CA that offers residents independent living options and daily support services. Contact The Foothills at Simi Valley for more details on housing, services, and rates.

Features of The Foothills at Simi Valley