Silvergate San Marcos Assisted Living

Overview of Ratings

4.0

May 25, 2016

By Tracy362535

Silvergate had wide, open spaces for people to wander, especially in memory care. The assisted living is separate from memory care, and that’s great. Everything was great. Their rooms were great and spacious. The memory care rooms were shared rooms, which is fine, with a divider at the middle that makes a huge difference. The head nurse of the caregivers really tried to partner up the roommates with someone on the same level of memory care needs. The assisted living facility has small kitchenettes so to speak, and balconies. They had a big laundry room and the services that you wanted.

May 11, 2016

By BridgetteJXCAN

I have been to Silvergate and liked everything about it except the location. I thought the rooms were very nice, not as modern as some of the others, but very adequate. They didn't have a view. They just looked out on another building and that was disturbing to me. I don't want to live like that. There were very little grounds. There's an extremely small center courtyard, but you just come out the door and you're on the road. Beyond the building, it was just parking lots and other buildings. I liked everything else about it. The people working there seemed to be very caring and gave a really good impression.

May 11, 2016

By DebbieUJIDK

We looked at Silvergate San Marcos. I’m looking for a smaller place for my mother, and Silvergate was perfect. We had a room and everything, so I brought her down, but she said, “That’s nice but I’m not moving.“ The staff was very nice. I think the marketing manager showed us around; it was very nice. The rooms are very nice. The living room area has a shower and a toilet, and a bedroom has a shower and a toilet. We like the one that has a little patio and my mom likes that because she wants to sit outside. It was very nice, and it was what we were looking for. They have bridge, they have discussion groups, and they are doing exercise with a group. I like the community because it is small, it is very clean, and everybody knows each other.

October 28, 2015

By James114395550

Silvergate San Marcos was out toward the desert -- not all that far out but far enough. I have to give a low score for location. The rooms were adequate. The staff was very helpful, and the dining area was neat.

May 08, 2015

By Darcy2

We visited Silvergate, and it looked fine. The rooms were fine, but it's a little older facility.

Thanks for touring with us. We recognize the age of our quaint community but are always investing back into the building. Be sure to ask about recent renovations and capital improvements!

March 27, 2015

Silvergate Retirement Residence seems fine. They were certainly very easy to work with. I like the layout that they have which is kind of individual. It makes it smaller and makes it quieter. I didn't choose them because I just didn't get a good feel for the care workers. They seemed nice, and I liked the cost. I think the cost is really nice. I can't tell why; there is just something about the staff that I didn't get a good enough feeling about. They are pretty good. They are just not quite right for me.

Our layout is very unique in this industry. It's unfortunate this reviewer did not get a good feel about our care workers. We have a very low turn over rate here at Silvergate due to the local ownership that holds on to great employees. It's all about the right fit and we hope this reviewer found what they were looking for.

September 26, 2013

By Dorothy25

I like Silvergate San Marcos very much. I have been going over there for quite a while with several people from my village. It is a very clean and very friendly community. Everybody there is very friendly. They make you feel welcome. They have all kinds of activities and we were even invited to attend some of them. Just recently, we went to their luau party and I had fun there. We were also invited to some of their trips. I've also tried eating there and food is good.

July 25, 2012

By Whitzee7

My family toured Silvergate as part of the process of seeking an assisted living facility for my grandmother. I had called in advance to make an appointment for a tour, and was told to come in anytime. When I arrived, there was no one at the front desk. I waited for ten minutes, and then followed some people to a recreation room, where some residents and staff were apparently throwing a birthday party for one of the residents. The staff member asked if I could wait for another five minutes. I agreed, because I thought it was nice that they were celebrating a resident's birthday. While I was waiting, a very elderly man came to the office looking for assistance; he didn't seem to understand that the staff were in the next room. He returned to his room. I informed the staff member that this happened, but she did not seem very concerned. When we toured the facility, it seemed okay, but not excellent. The rooms and apartments were nice, although very small. My grandmother was very concerned about space. The staff member discussed their Alzheimer's program at length, which was impressive. The dining facilities were average. Overall, I felt that Silvergate had an excellent Alzheimer's program, but was less focused on non-dementia patients. In the end, we chose a different facility.

March 01, 2012

By daughtermom

The administrative staff is cold, and does not take accountability for their mistakes. I have also found the administrator to be condescending. She needs to do her homework before if she feels she needs to tell a pharmaceutical executive what ADLs stand for! The people working with the residents all seem very nice, but that does not make up for the lack of compassion in the administration office....

Photos of Silvergate San Marcos

Features of Silvergate San Marcos

• Minimum Memory Cost: $4300/month
  • Fee Structure Extra: We Offer A Month To Month Rental

• Features Extra: Library, Fitness Room/Gym

• Internet Enabled Rooms

• Nurse On Staff: We Have 24 Hour Nurses.

• Tai Chi
  • Activities Extra: Computer Class

• Staff Patient Ratio: 5:1

• Licenses: RCFE License

About Silvergate San Marcos

For more than 20 years, Silvergate Retirement Residence has been providing premier independent, assisted living, and memory care to the North San Diego County. Located near the beautiful Lake San Marcos, our community is conveniently near popular restaurants, shopping centers, and theaters. Silvergate is locally owned and operated by AmeriCare Health & Retirement, Inc. and has been recognized as one of San Diego's BEST Retirement Communities by The Union Tribune's annual Readers Poll.

With one inclusive monthly rate, residents receive three daily meals, weekly housekeeping & flat linen service, utilities (excluding cable and phone), scheduled transportation, 24-hour reception and security on-site, 24-hour emergency response system, apartment maintenance and repair, reserved parking, and a full calendar of exciting activities, programs and scheduled outings.

Silvergate also offers various customized assisted living services at an additional cost. Our Director of Resident Care, along with our licensed nurses and 24-hour caregivers, ensure residents are provided with the assistance needed, at the moment it's needed. Some of the care services available include: medication management, assistance with activities of daily living (such as bathing, dressing and grooming), escort assistance, weight and blood pressure monitoring, continence assistance, and diabetes care management.

For residents living with Alzheimer's or related dementia, Silvergate's Memory Care Suites are designed to feel like home, but offer the safety of a secured perimeter, high-level supervision, and around-the-clock security. The monthly rate includes: private or semi-private accommodations, licensed nursed available daily, daily meals and snacks, staff trained in memory impairment, 24-hour monitoring and supervision, regular reminders and redirection, specialized programs and activities, daily housekeeping services, and secure outside grounds.

To learn more about our quality amenities and full range of services, schedule your complimentary lunch and tour today!

Map of Silvergate San Marcos