Sunrise at Holladay

4650 S. Highland Drive, Salt Lake City, UT, 84117

Reviews of Sunrise at Holladay

Michael117945950 December 28, 2015

Sunrise at Holladay is a new facility. It is very well set up, looks very new and seems very pleasant. It would probably be a good fit for my mom, although it’s the most expensive facility I have visited. The rooms were very nice. Everything was very nice, but it’s just on the higher end of my price range.

RC2 November 11, 2015

My mother has been in Sunrise for the last two months. One of the things that really appealed to us was the fact that they have very seasoned staff. They don’t have a large turnover, which speaks volumes to the way that the organization treats their staff. Working in that kind of environment is not always easy, but they have a very seasoned and caring staff. I also like the fact that the grounds of the facility had a very homey, warm, and inviting feeling. The environment was nice. Their food is great with a large selection, and Mom is totally satisfied. Every main meal comes from a standard menu that they have available all of the time with three different entrees to choose from for every meal. They do have a variety of activities that appeals to different people’s interests. My mother personally is not involved in a lot of activities, but that’s by choice. They do have things going on every day like bingo, crafts, meetings, and musical performances. They do take the residents on outings and take them out to lunch. They take them on scenic drives and go to various events. We’ve been 100% satisfied.

Cutie1 August 31, 2015

They treated us very well at Sunrise at Holladay. It was a lovely place. We were shown different apartments and the community areas, such as the dining room, the library, the lobby, and the places where they can gather for meetings. We also looked around in the garden and the walking path. The staff was very helpful to answer our questions.

Anonymous81871750 August 27, 2015

I have been to Sunrise at Holladay, and it was very nice. The rooms and apartments were pleasant. The dining room was very nice. The staff was friendly and extremely professional. It seemed like they had the best activities of any of the assisted living.

Richard110757650 August 25, 2015

My dad made it in Sunrise. When they received him, the circumstances were that they refused him, and then they received him, and then they refused him, and then they received him. He never actually got in and out. He only went in there for like three hours. His furniture was there. We moved him in, and then they moved him out. I would never have anything to do with them ever again.

The staff was great -- the ones that interviewed us, getting us in there were great. The facilities were great. The nursing staff that we had contact with was great. Then after my dad went in there, my dad had an episode, and rightfully so, they took him to the VA Hospital at that time. They said that he needed to go from assisted living to memory care. Then they turned around and said that he would not even qualify for that, and then they turned around -- and we're talking about within 24 hours or so -- and said that he would qualify for that if after an interview and their evaluation. So then he went to another hospital, they came over and interviewed, and then that hospital told us that he wouldn't be accepted. And then, Sunrise told us that he would be accepted, and before he got there, he died. The person that was in-charge -- not the one who signed the contract -- told us that under the circumstances, since nothing has ever been there except the furniture, they would only charge us for the remainder of the month, which was two weeks. Now, that person represented, in my opinion, Sunrise. And then, we were told about two weeks later by the administrator that it was not true and they'd charge the full 30 days for other than his furniture being there for about three hours.

The Sunrise at Holladay was a nice facility and the people -- other than the people who control the money -- didn't come across as controlling the money. They really come across as caring about the person and that was nice. To me, it looked modern; it looked better than some others that I've seen. If it wasn't for the circumstances, I'd sue them because they had an employee which represented their company, and if she shouldn't have said that, she should have been reprimanded, and that is fine. Although she is to me one of the nicer people in the whole place, but to me they scream of money.

Please know that we take all concerns seriously and would like to learn more about your experience at Sunrise. Please email Information (at) SunriseSeniorLiving (dot) com with further details so we may follow up. Thank you, Sunrise Team

Nancy109895750 June 30, 2015

It looked like the food was pretty good at Sunrise at Holladay. They had activities that were good. It had a more formal feel to it. I liked it a lot as well. The staff seemed very knowledgeable, very nice, and very friendly.

Caring109113350 June 30, 2015

I visited Sunrise at Holladay for my mom. It seemed very nice. However, I was there on a Sunday, so it was hard to judge, but everything seemed okay. There weren't very many people around to make a good assessment of the people who work there. I did speak with the manager and he was very nice and very informative. However, the facility didn't quite fit what my mom would like. The facility was nice, but it was cramped as far as the way it was positioned in the parking and so forth. Also they weren't doing any activities.

Debra49 February 24, 2015

My visit in Sunrise at Holladay was nice. The staff was nice. I didn't see the memory care, but I felt like the rooms were pretty small. They showed us a studio and a one-bedroom.

Jes1 November 04, 2014

I don't know what happened. Everyone told me this place was beautiful and lovely. It was a pretty place, but I would not recommend it in the least. The lady who gave us the tour let us INTO people's homes to tour. The first one, she said she had a general type permission to do so with. The others, she went and checked to see who was not in their rooms and then let us into their rooms. I would be furious if that happened to my grandfather. No respect for privacy whatsoever. At one point, we asked for a moment alone to talk and she wouldn't leave. She also acknowledged that she was ignoring my grandfather because he was in a wheelchair, apologized for it, and then continued to do so. She also ignored his request for the papers regarding the price list and kept trying to give them to me, even after I explained that HE is an adult of sound mind and she needs to be selling to him. Their activities are things like, "Watch the Carol Burnett show together", which frankly, is not an activity. No one was particularly happy looking. We just walked out, didn't even bother to take the pamphlets with us. Maybe it was a fluke bad day, but the disrespect my grandfather was treated with disgusted me, and if that's how their staff behaves, then this is one of the last places I would recommend.

Thank you for your feedback. We take all concerns seriously and would like to learn more details around your experience/tour with us. Please email Information@SunriseSeniorLiving.com. Thank you, Sunrise Team

Katie9 September 11, 2014

Sunrise was very nice. They had a nice little dining area, and they do a lot of activities there too. That was definitely our second choice. We understood that they had a five-star hotel chef, so I was sure that the food was good, but I didn't personally eat there. They had two separate dining rooms. They had one for the people who needed more care than independent, and they had one for the people on the independent side. They were nice dining areas. However, I thought the rooms were too small, and they weren't as nice as the ones where my father was.

I liked that they had a lot of people who were very friendly. Everything was accessible, and there was great staff. I would recommend it to others.

Al11 July 22, 2014

This is a BMW of Assisted Living Facilities, both in quality and in cost. They also had a memory care unit and a independent living unit. All the residents we talked to seemed happy and we witnessed many activities during our tour. Was introduced to one of the on-site nurses. We were impressed with the attention to detail that everyone showed. They have a concierge service to handle all the needs a resident would need including arranging for the purchase of medications. You pay for the quality - the room cost was higher than others we visited.

Caring76600850 January 30, 2014

Sunrise is huge but it can be independent and dependent. It's in my neighborhood, it's right where I live and so I know of people who have people there. It's a beautiful facility. I haven't been visiting people there but I know people that are there, I've been inside. It's very nice, very elegant, very well taken care of. I know they have church but I don't know what other activities they have. I would not hesitate putting my mother there.

Linda70910950 October 09, 2013

The Sunrise people were fabulous, nice and they loved to help. If I could choose some place more pricey, I would probably have gone with one of the Sunrise facilities but I can't. They have very small rooms but they have little nooks and crannies with furniture and a TV where they can invite friends and family and be with them and be out of their rooms while still have some privacy. Their people seemed to be happy.

Jose2 October 09, 2013

I enjoyed my visit to Sunrise. It was a clean facility. The dining room was very nice. The lady who gave me the tour was very accommodating. They had activities for the residents. I would recommend them to others.

Cal2 July 24, 2013

Sunrise at Holladay was very high standard. The staff seemed very pleasant. It looked like a very nice place to stay.

Caring5390 June 19, 2013

The staff are friendly and they were very helpful in answering my questions. They are very professional. I was impressed with the facility. It is very clean and looked like they were doing a good job with it.

anonymous44 June 23, 2011

This facility is absolutely gorgeous, one of the best looking I've visited, and I've seen dozens upon dozens. The insides are decorated in dark, soothing shades, with hardwood floors or fine carpets and artwork on the walls. My friend in this facility especially adores the facility's dog and cat. The cat especially loves to be held and pet. She finds comfort in stroking its silky fur. From what she's said, she used to have a cat when she was younger. I'm not sure how much younger, as it can be difficult to understand her, but the cat doesn't seem to mind. In fact, from what I've seen, the two have a sort of rapport together. She talks constantly to it and it purrs loud enough to sound like an idling motorcycle. This facility, and its pets, definitely have been good for her.

From Sunrise at Holladay

Sunrise at Holladay is located on the East Benches of Salt Lake City with beautiful views of the Valley and city to the west and mountain views to the east - with easy access to all points in the Salt Lake Valley.

Step into a Sunrise Senior Living community and you can't help but feel at home. We stop at nothing to make your experience warm and inviting, from our homelike exterior architecture, to our comfortable community areas and choice of suites to our exceptional outdoor gardens and landscaping. Look around and you?ll notice fresh flowers throughout the residence, and you may even spot our dog or our cat. And of course, there are always the friendly smiling faces of our staff to ensure that each day spent here is a welcome one.

Sunrise is built on a commitment to our residents and their families. We believe no two people are alike, so the services and attention we provide should never be exactly the same. That?s also why we offer a variety of lifestyle, service and care options. By providing these choices, we not only offer solutions for today, but we provide the security of knowing that there are options for tomorrow.

Location of Sunrise at Holladay