Atria Richardson

1493 Richardson Drive, Richardson, TX, 75080

Reviews of Atria Richardson

Caring56591 March 23, 2015

I don't have any complaints about the staff at Atria Richardson. All of them were very helpful. They gave us the information we needed to know at that time. The only issue is that this kind of assisted living won't work for my mom. But they tried to help us, and they even gave us information about other places. However since we finally found somebody to stay with my mother, we didn't continue with the search.

Caring106679150 February 25, 2015

Atria Richardson is nearly dated. I actually ended up moving in there, but they only stayed a year. My first impression was it is dated. Once they stayed there, I had this concern that they were giving my parents unnecessary medical attention that they didn't need. The attention that my parents did need they didn't follow through on. It just concerns me that they weren't getting the kind of care that I wanted them to have. Some of the staff is professional and accommodating. It would seem that the most accommodating is the cleaning staff even though they don't do a good job of cleaning. They are the nicest, and my parents loved all the cleaning staff. The nursing staff my mother really liked. The administrative staff is distant. My mother chose this place. Once I started looking for a new place, I also discovered how expensive they are than other places. And also, they don't provide the variety of activities for the elderly especially large muscle movement activities. They just mainly sit and watch TV or play a card game and bingo. For somebody like my father who is a physically active man, he was quite bored there.

We are sorry to hear of your experience. We strive to offer the best care and home environment for our residents and truly value feedback from our families to help us continually improve. If you are willing, we would love the opportunity to speak further and welcome you to reach out via customerservice@atriaseniorliving.com with your contact info and “Atria Richardson” in your subject line should we be of further service to your family.

Caring106549650 February 23, 2015

My mom did not like Atria. They had activities going on, but it seemed like a lonely and isolated facility.

Thank you for visiting us. We are sorry to that we did not end up being the right fit for your mom. If there is any specific feedback you can provide to help us improve, we welcome your comments! Just reach out via customerservice@atriaseniorliving.com and kindly include "Atria Richardson" in your subject line.

Ian Nemo November 15, 2014

My experience is a year or so old so some details may have changed. A family member was in their Memory Care unit.

Atria R. should not be providing care for people with conditions that limit their ability to fend for themselves. They simply don’t have the manpower. Their memory care unit has around 30 residents, and on day shift they field a director, a med tech, an activities person, and 2 aides, plus in principle folks from other units that you never actually see. But the director will always be doing paperwork, and the med tech and activities person have clawed their way out of being aides, which is a mercilessly hard job at those ratios. If you need a change of underwear or help with dinner, it’s gonna be one of the aides. So when they’re not exhausted, the best case is a 15:1 or so ratio. But given the work load, you can do the math on what it’s like late in a shift. And night shift is the wild west, with no supervision and the b team.

Really, they do a heroic job in terms of keeping down the odors (what is that stuff they use? Gotta get some!) and keeping things presentable. Not a small accomplishment. But in terms of fall prevention, infection management, and providing for the psychological needs of the very vulnerable residents, they’re just treading water. You won’t get any real personalization, and a fair chance of seeing someone who went in healthy leaving on a gurney. The prior review about surly maintenance: too true. If you take a room, make sure everything’s working and clean when you go in, because that’s what you’ll live with.

I’m starting to rattle on. They’re nice folks, but not enough of them, and they get a little callous. Just the economics of it I suppose.

Memory Care unit.

We are sorry to hear about your experience last year and are happy to report that we have added an additional caregiver to help with the workload. The ratio is now 8 to 1 with the support of our LG Director, Medical Aide, three Caregivers and Activity director who are all dedicated to providing quality care to our 24 memory care residents. If you would like to discuss your experience further or feel we can be of further service to your family, please feel free to reach out via customerservice@atriaseniorliving.com and be sure to include "Atria Richardson" in your subject line. We are here to help!

Caring75275350 October 16, 2014

I visited Atria Richardson. I was very impressed with that place but I couldn’t afford it, as it was too expensive. The lady I spoke with was very nice, and I would like my husband to be there, but I can’t. Everything that they do for the patient is a la carte, and my husband needs all of the a la carte stuff. There were different sizes of tables placed nicely in the dining room.

Caring92374150 August 30, 2014

Atria Richardson was homey and warm looking, but I wasn’t very impressed it. I had a friend that was in there. Her husband died and she had Alzheimer's and it progressed because of all the strain and the stress that she was going through. Her children lived out of town, so they put her in there and they don't even give her the medication that she needed.

I went to the place and all of the living things were downstairs. As I looked at it, it was a nice place, but I didn't feel like it would be a nice place for my husband because he was so limited on what he could do for himself. The rooms were nice and adequate, but in trying to go from a bedroom on one end of the upper floor to the elevator, and then down to the other end to go and dine, I just don't feel like that would be good. They seemed to have five or six things a day for people to do. They needed to improve on their personal attention.

Thank you for providing feedback to us. Though we did not end up being a perfect fit for your husband, we welcome the opportunity to share information about our other great communities in the area as well as connect with you on your concerns regarding personal attention. Please feel free to contact us directly via customerservice@atriaseniorliving.com and if you will include “Atria Richardson” in your subject line, we can quickly include the right people in the correspondence. We are here to help.

Donna89993350 July 30, 2014

Atria Richardson seemed to be a very upbeat facility. When I visited the facility, everybody knew the name of every resident. They all seemed friendly and nice. They were updating their security system. I am a big animal lover and the way it was laid out, there was like a courtyard and I also saw that there was a doggy door. They also have an eating area and a living area.

RMS April 23, 2014

A member of our family lived here for a few months. Ultimately, we found there was a lack of honesty and transparency and a lot of dodging of questions and responsibility. All that changed when inspectors visited, then the place was spiffed up and everyone was treated very sweetly. They will greet you with a grocery-store-style pie when you visit and that is a good indication of what the food is like. If you like hot dogs and Velveeta grilled cheese, you’ll be fine. Don’t expect fresh grilled fish and fresh fruit, it’s canned. There are a couple of caretakers who stand out, but in the end we learned that they are not treated well and are becoming bitter. The staircase and piano in the lobby belie the lack of maintenance and a surly maintenance man with a system of work orders which mean it will never get done no matter how much you ask. It feels like they’re hoping you will forget. I feel terrible for the people who live here who don’t have family members to constantly advocate for them. There were often stains on the carpet or ceiling leaks which took days to be addressed. If you keep in mind that the bottom line is this is a business, for profit, and that is their main focus, you may not be disappointed. If you believe the brochure and the sales pitch, you're in for a rude awakening. Your requests for improvement may fall on deaf ears but the director drives a BMW. The activities are the best part, but you can do better for your loved one.

I am sorry to learn of your difficulties at our community. If you are open to it, we welcome the opportunity to connect with you personally to help resolve these concerns. Please email us directly at customerservice@atriaseniorliving.com and if you include "Atria Richardson" in your subject line, we will quickly be able to include the appropriate directors on the correspondence. We appreciate you making us aware of your situation and are here to help.

Rhonda5 December 31, 2013

When I went to this facility, Atria at Richardson, it was fine but it's expensive. It has a very sophisticated atmosphere and my in-laws are not all sophisticated. They are just average ordinary people. The atmosphere was good, I might like it for myself, but for them it was just a little too fancy. It wasn't a homey feel as they would prefer.

smc13 August 21, 2012

Having had some prior experience with assisted living facilities, I was hesitant to go visit Atria Richardson. Despite being assisted living and not nursing homes, the majority of the facilities I have gone to have a lingering sense of morbidity and a cold aura to them. Once I arrived to Atria, I encountered quite the opposite. The staff was absolutely friendly and accommodating. From the time we spent there I could really tell that they cared about the residents and did not just see their work as "taking care" of people. Rather than seeing the residents as simply patients, I could truly tell the entire staff had built relationships with these individuals and truly cared about their well being. Though the facility was as spotless as all other assisted living places I have visited, there was a soothing and gentle nature to the atmosphere, rather than the more "hospital clean" setting I had previously experienced. Overall, my experience was absolutely wonderful and I look forward to visiting again.

commercesd June 12, 2012

While in the area, we made a stop at the Atria Richardson assisted living facility community. Even though we didn't have an appointment, the staff was friendly and accommodating. The grounds had nice seating areas to relax by.

We liked the way the main area was decorated with fresh flowers and the grand piano. The cathedral high ceilings really offered a sense of spaciousness. The furnishings throughout were quite lovely and better than many we've seen before.

The staff pointed out that residents are regularly invited to participate in everything there is to offer - from outings to indoor games, films and reading groups. Staff seemed to be willing to accommodate any resident need.

The nicely appointed apartments were all fresh and seemed newly decorated. The spacious grounds were well kept. Indoor areas were all homey. Most of the seniors seemed very active - which will suit my brother's friend well.

There was a variety of types of food available - for example, meal choices ranged from a complete meal to snacks or lighter fare, for those who wanted it. Every dietary concern seemed to be well addressed. Snacks also looked very good: fresh vegetables with a dip, some fruit and hard boiled eggs. Every effort is made to ensure that all residents are taken care of nutritionally.

The facility encourages family members to visit regularly and participate in some of the many activities, such as game night, barbecues and holiday parties.

We really thought this facility had a home-like atmosphere and that the residents seemed very content with competent, helpful and kind staff.

From Atria Richardson

Atria Richardson is an elegant community in a quiet, residential neighborhood. Enjoy a stroll along the outdoor walking path, make new friends at the annual sweetheart rodeo party or invite your relatives for family bingo night. Atria Richardson is near shops, restaurants, medical facilities and places of worship.

Atria Richardson provides the following services:

• Staff available 24 hours a day
  • Choice of apartments
  • Anytime Café
  • Full-time director of events and activities
  • Emergency call system in every apartment
  • Daily restaurant-style meals
  • Housekeeping services
  • Maintenance of apartment, community and grounds
  • Medication assistance

• Technology extra: Emergency Call System

• 24 hour nurses: 40 hours/week, On-call 24/7

• Companion suites: We offer companion suites

• Spanish

• Shared space where residents can host parties
  • Features extra: Library, Fitness Room/Gym

• Arts, woodworking, craft
  • Religious services
  • Book clubs
  • Wii sports competition
  • Activities extra: Computer class

• Private services

• We charge an entry fee
  • Fee structure extra: We offer a month-to-month rental
  • Minimum memory care rate: $6,700/month

• Dining extra: All apartments have in-room kitchenettes

• We offer respite care (short term stays)
  • Minimum age: 50

• Licenses: Assisted Living Type B Large
  • State License(s): 010273

• We help families explore other financial options to afford senior living

Location of Atria Richardson