The Preserve at Palm Aire

3701 West McNab Road, Pompano Beach, FL, 33069

Reviews of The Preserve at Palm Aire

March 13, 2017

By Larry420246

My wife and I didn’t care for the Preserve at Palm-Aire. It was not that lively. We did not look at an apartment because we decided that it was going to be too much money and was not going to be good for my mother. It was nice but didn’t fit my mother’s needs. The residents looked bored.

We appreciate you taking the time to respond after your visit. The staff at The Preserve at Palm-Aire take our reviews very seriously. We regret that you had a negative experience with us, as we strive to provide excellent service to our customers at The Preserve at Palm-Aire.

March 08, 2017

By Mark665186

The Preserve feels like a 5-star property. It’s very clean and neat. The apartments are in really great shape, and the food looks good. Mom has her own apartment, and she feels independent. We’ve had some issues, and my mom was on the toilet for an hour and a half waiting for them to come get her; another time was 50 minutes and then 40 minutes, and that was all within 25 days. The activities are endless, so they never have to be sitting in their apartments. They have bingo, cards, lectures, movies, and all different exercise programs.

March 06, 2017

By Janet236863

The Preserve was great for the money and recommended by people. It’s independent and assisted living at the same time. It had a lot of activities for people. It was clean. I thought the apartments were great. The lady who was new was great, and I met the director, also. We had a wonderful lunch in the dining room. The apartment I saw there was cheaper, but the next day, it was gone. They had three meals a day, transportation, and functions. They were practicing for some show. They had a beautiful outdoor area and allowed small pets. They don’t accept Medicare. I was very impressed.

Thank you for leaving this detailed feedback about your experience with The Preserve at Palm-Aire. We always love to receive great feedback.

January 11, 2017

By Debra312024

We liked The Preserve. It had a resort-style atmosphere and was pretty, nice, and clean.

December 06, 2016

By Kathrine671783

We found The Preserve at Palm-Aire. The people are extremely friendly. The place is extremely clean. The food is fabulous. I believe it would be a nice safe environment for Mom. The cleanliness attracted me most. She has a studio apartment, and I like that a lot too. They have tons and tons of activities. The dining room is very nice. It is clean. They do casual dining in the morning and in the afternoon, and they do formal dining in the evening.

November 26, 2016

By Karen846778

My mother in-law is in the Preserve; they were very helpful and concerned with getting her acclimated. Everybody seemed to know and is concerned about the residents. The rooms were small but well laid out, and it basically had everything she needs. The facility surroundings had a lot of foliage and trees. It was calm, peaceful, and nice to look at. They had 2 different restaurants that the residents can eat at; they had certain foods that are standard, and then they had specials for all 3 meals.

November 23, 2016

By Russel K.

The Preserve was wonderful. They had all the information right up front. We sat in a lovely room. The place was absolutely to die for. It was gorgeous. The staff was wonderful. They had staff 24 hours a day. They all sort of things going on like calisthenics in the pool, TV nights, movie nights, and bingo. They exercises which was good. They we went into the room. I was very impressed with the size of the room. The dining room was really beautiful, and the menu was quite awesome. The living condition was superior.

Thank you for taking the time to share your recent experience. Your feedback is very valuable to us as we work to provide the best resident and guest experience each and every day.

November 22, 2016

By Michael457302

The Preserve at Palm Aire had medical staff on the facility 24 hours a day. They had a lot more outside area for them to enjoy. They had a salon and two different theater rooms where you could watch movies. They serve 3 meals a day. They had activities like bingo. They had field trips outside too. They also provided transportations to and from doctor's appointments within 7 miles. Their staff was very great. It was more structured.

November 02, 2016

By Brady535010

The Preserve at Palm-Aire was great. They were very helpful and informative, and it's a very nice place. They had nice rooms, apartments, and facilities. Everything looked really good. The staff was excellent and very nice. The price was reasonable, and it was pretty much in the same ball park as anywhere else. It seems like they have a lot of activities and trips so there's a lot going on.

November 01, 2016

By Mary214312

The Preserve at Palm Aire was a very nice place. The apartments were very nice. The people were wonderful. We had lunch there; the food was OK. It’s a big dining room with a restaurant -- very bright and airy. The apartment we looked at was very nice and had a nice layout, but it’s just not for my mother right now. She can’t afford it.

October 20, 2016

By Jane870311

My visit at The Preserve at Palm Aire was very nice, and I think that if my parents were going any place, it would be the choice. The rooms were not especially large, but it was just clean and freshly redone. They had a nice little garden and a sitting area outside. There's a salon for my mom to have her hair done. It sounded like a nice place to be. They're very cordial, and everything looked nice. We only met with one of the staff, and she was very informative, friendly, and wanted to spend time to answer all our questions so she did a nice job.

October 05, 2016

By Mariana P.

We have actually moved my father in to the Preserve. Three days after he got there, he had a very big pain, and he went to a hospital and hospice. He went back to the Preserve for about a week, but because he no longer needs nursing care only the scolio care and we could not afford that the Preserve as it would be like $10,000 a month, he had to leave. If he had not had any medical issue, he would still be at there at the Preserve because it was really a phenomenal place. It’s really nice. I would rate them 4 only because they did not pick up the laundry when they were supposed to do it, and they did not clean the place when they were supposed to do it. I know they have the service, but you have to ask for it.

May 11, 2016

By SuzanneBSIPC

The Preserve at Palm Aire is luxurious, snazzy and very nice. I have a lady friend there who loves it. It is a comfortable condo-type, so it's like having her own apartment and not just a room. The staff is very nice to me. It looks very nice and quiet in the woods. There are all kinds of good things for them to do, I am sure.

January 24, 2016

By Ed45

We are very happy with The Preserve at Palm Aire. They have a lot of activities at this facility. The bedrooms were very nice. They have a pool, a movie theater and they have a game room.

January 20, 2016

By Shirley118245750

The Preserve at Palm Aire was really nice. They have rooms right there like an apartment where they flip a sign on the door when they get up in the morning to show that they’re OK. They have a main kitchen if you want to eat there, or you have your own kitchen in your apartment. They have a lot of activities, so there’s a lot going on. When I went to visit, the staff was very nice, and the residents seemed happy.

December 20, 2015

By Jeff O

Everything at the Preserve at Palm Aire was very nice. The facility itself was very nice, and the people seemed very nice too, but we are not just ready to do anything yet. The staff was very helpful and knowledgeable. The amenities were very nice; they have a nice dining hall and common areas. The rooms were small though.

November 24, 2015

By anonymous115566750

I really liked the Preserve at Palm Aire. They obviously just redid it because it’s clean and freshly painted. It's a fairly nice place with a nice dining room. They have someone come in to sing and a card room where they play cards and bingo.

November 06, 2015

By mrsbeat10

I have been living there for almost 7 years now, and I can tell you that our community has never been better. This new company - LCS - that came in in August is outstanding. The manager, Justin is at least two classes above all the prior ones COMBINED. What a leader-always interacting with all residents, walking the community many times daily, and putting resident's needs first. Scott, the chef is excellent. Don't ever allow these two to leave this place. I see some new employees, but the staff members that remained are great. The attitude of all the staff has improved tremendously in such a short period of time. For the first time ever, I am proud to call this place HOME. I am a 89 year old lady, involved in many activities, and groups who is as happy as can be living in a great, beautiful run place. Thank You Preserve!

October 30, 2015

By Andrea28

Mom is in Preserve at Palm Aire, and we like it. The staff seem fine; however, she is not so happy with her cleaning lady. She is trying to get her switched to someone else, but everything else is OK. The food and location is good, and the facility is very nice. That was one of the reasons we chose it. They had lots of activities, the grounds are nice and the room is nice. It’s clean and doesn't smell of urine.

October 30, 2015

By Willie4

It was a pleasure to meet the person that spoke to me. I had a tour of the place and was able to go to specific rooms that were going to be most conducive for my husband and me. The staff at The Preserve at Palm Aire that we came in contact with as we were touring the facility was absolutely fantastic. The amenities were excellent, which means that it will certainly serve my purpose because I will not have to cook. The menus that I viewed were mouthwatering, believe it or not. The recreation and educational departments they had were fantastic. The assisted part will work for my husband, and independent will work for me. I am satisfied with the facility.

October 27, 2015

First of all, the facility looks nice and had interesting activities. The rooms were lovely but much smaller than the apartment my dad has now, so size was a big consideration. He has more room now, and since he walks with a walker, that was kind of important. The kitchen at Palm-Aire was really tiny. I think it would have been hard for him to navigate it. I only met the salesperson, and she was lovely. For me, my brother, and my husband, their activities stood out to us. They were far more intellectually stimulating than the ones where my dad is at now, and because of that, we were surprised he picked the place he's in now.

October 21, 2015

The Preserve was very nice. It had a very nice location and look like a very comfortable place. The apartments were nicer. They have their own buses and you’ll see them all over town. They are out on tours and going shopping and they are very active.

April 25, 2015

We visited The Preserve at Palm-Aire for my mom. I like it. Maybe it was a little smaller, but it was a nice facility. They have the same activities as the other place, but the size maybe was a little smaller. I'm pretty impressed with the layout. It was a little bit more compact so there wasn't quite as much walking required. They have arts and bridge. They take them to the theater, and they bring outside lecturers from the university. The facility was very secure and safe. The dining room was very nice. They seemed to be innovative in trying new things.

February 11, 2015

My mom has moved in to a place already. Preserve at Palm Aire is a really nice place. The food is great, and the staff is nice. It is a well-kept facility with nice grounds. She is in a two-bedroom apartment. It has two bathrooms and a kitchenette. I have tried to eat there, and it is good. They have lectures, card games, and day trips. They actually are the ones who made the decision to pick it the place because they are independent. I thought the grounds were nice.

December 16, 2014

The place looked great, well kept, and very clean. The service was excellent, and the food was great. The Preserve at Palm Aire was just renovated, and everything was up-to-date. The rooms that I looked at seemed to be OK. The staff were very cordial.

August 25, 2014

By Jim93034150

We liked the Preserve at Palm Aire, but we are not really considering it. They gave us the option of having a villa that is separate from the main building and at first we thought it was a good idea, but then we realized it wouldn't be such a good idea after all. We ate there and the food was good. It was a beautiful place and the pool area was very nice and very attractive. They have been going through a renovation of the exterior parts of the building. They seemed to be dedicated to improving the facility and they are working hard in trying to become better.

August 22, 2014

By jennic

I visited this facility while looking for a place for my mother. My mother ultimately wasn't ready for this move but the Preserve seems looked to be an attractive upscale residence. The downstairs was going through a renovation and the work was proceeding quickly. Design boards with photos and fabric swatches were posted throughout showing the future attractive updates. The facility is bright, active, spacious and has attractive landscaping throughout. The staff we met were warm and attentive from the front desk, through housekeeping. The scheduled showed daily activities from exercise to performances. There is also a "pop-up" store each week so that residents can have a variety of on-site shopping.

July 10, 2014

By xlaurita33

My friend lives here and I must say this place is terrible! I wish I could have my friend live with me. She is on the assisted living side and has already had TWO BED SORES! Sometimes when I come to visit her breakfast/lunch/dinner tray is still sitting on the counter ice cold and plastic wrapped because she hasn't been fed. There are tiny ants all over the apartment as well, I feel sorry for all the elders who live here. I constantly see the aides on their cell phones while sitting with residents, how lonely, I have also heard them scream at them. I would think twice before sending your loved one here, especially if they are on the assisted living side.

January 07, 2014

By strin32073

NEW OWNERS HAVE TAKEN OVER AND THEY ARE CUTTING CORNERS. THE FOOD IS HORRIBLE. WE ARE CURRENTLY LOOKING FOR A NEW RESIDENCE FOR DAD. IT'S A SHAME BECAUSE HE WAS REALLY HAPPY THERE UNTIL THE NEW MGMT. SPOKE TO MANY LONG TIME RESIDENTS AND THEY ARE ALSO COMPLAINING ABOUT THE FOOD.

November 27, 2013

By Joe24

We chose The Preserve at Palm Aire for my mom because they met all our needs. I really like the facility's location. The rooms are spacious. The staff are absolutely helpful.

October 25, 2013

The Preserve at Palm Aire is a large facility and it seemed every comfortable. We had lunch there and the food is very good. The only thing is that they are just about to undergo renovation and I am concerned with the fact that if they would start the renovation, that would be a little inconvenient for us.

October 24, 2013

By Sandy26

The woman that had taken me around The Preserve was very nice. She took me to several apartments and throughout the whole building. She even introduced me to people and she answered all the questions that I needed to be answered. She took us to the activity rooms and showed us the calendar of all the events that they have planned there and their schedules. The rooms were very clean, very spacious and bigger than the others that I had seen. The place was very clean and it had no medicinal smell. I was very impressed.

August 05, 2013

By Amanda175

I visited the Preserve with my mother. I thought that the place & the apts. were nice til I looked a little closer. The windows on the left when u first walked in (looked like a library) were dirty, as were the windows on the elevator outside. The carpeting was also dirty looking, as was the floor in the ceramics room. After I noticed this, I couldn't let my mother live there. I want her to live in a clean place.

July 11, 2013

We chose Preserve at Palm Aire because of the condition of the place, the staff and the rate. The place was very clean and upscale. The staff were very helpful. The dining room was spacious for the residents and the food was very good. My father-in-law had a two-bedroom apartment with his own bathroom. Everybody had their own bedroom unlike the other facilities which had shared rooms. They only shared the living room and kitchen. Everything was great there.

June 13, 2013

By caring774

It has been two months since my daughter placed me at The Preserve at Palm-Aire. They have a nice apartment. I have a kitchen and I can cook if I want to. The staff is fine. They just need more activities.

June 07, 2013

By Lt. TIA 33

Preserve at Palm Aire is a very nice and well-maintained facility. The receptionist there was very nice. Residents here get to do a lot of activities like arts and crafts and they play bingo once in a while. If you need to go somewhere and you can't go there on your own, they have a bus there that takes you where you want.

April 30, 2013

By John37

The reason we chose this facility has something to do with money. The price is right and is a very clean and nice facility. Their staff is very friendly, helpful and caring. Their food is good. The restaurant is very nice and comfortable. We got a one bedroom apartment for my mom. It has a washer and dryer so my mom can wash her own clothes. They have a full bath and full kitchen so they can cook. I liked that it is a nice clean spacious apartment. This is an assisted and non-assisted living facility. They do both. And they do all her medical for her. They make sure she takes her medicine because my mom's a diabetic.

March 29, 2013

By Diana7

I chose Preserve at Palm Aire because it was the closest facility to me and the family. It was homely and less institutional. The staff were amenable.

May 09, 2012

By Imatpeace

The staff in this facility were very interactive and kind to anyone that entered the facility. They find ways to give each member of the facility time to partake in stimulating activities. The rooms are kept in very good condition. They contain a bathroom and come with a bed. It can be compared to an apartment. One side is a nursing home and the other can be referred to as assistant living. This is a very nice place for people to go and i would recommend it to anyone attempting to live there. Florida is the place to be.

May 06, 2012

By w35

I got the a chance to tour the facility when I was looking for a place to stay. The facility was very nice, and i love it but I needed to be around with people more so this place doesn't work for me well.

April 26, 2012

By commercesd

We happened to be in the area and decided to stop in to see Preserve at Palm-aire assisted living facility while searching for a place for my friend's mother to live. The outside area resembled any other seaside dwelling and looked well maintained. The interior design seemed easy to navigate and each room had good views with plenty of fresh sea air and light. Space is always at a premium on much of the coast, so we weren't expecting much in the way of activity rooms. We were pleasantly surprised that there seemed to be very nice and spacious rooms for social activities. Because the weather is so mild there, the residents may enjoy walks along the beach and spend time outdoors just about any time they like. The residents are encouraged to enjoy physical activity as much as possible. They also offer yoga and aerobics classes, sometimes held outdoors. The staff often takes residents on many outings into Pompano Beach's vibrant community to enjoy all that it has to offer. Seniors can enjoy sight seeing, nature walks and cultural events throughout the region. The staff appeared to accommodate all levels of ambulation. The dining areas offered great food that looked and smelled delicious. The menus included food options for all kinds of diets. Healthy snacks are offered all day and into the evening, and whenever requested. Private rooms featured nicely decorated surroundings, all with nice air, light and views. Staff appeared to make every effort to ensure that the residents were both safe and comfortable in this well-designed living environment.

Photos of The Preserve at Palm Aire

Features of The Preserve at Palm Aire

• Minimum Memory Cost: $4025/month

• Housing Extra: Attached One Story Villas W/Garages

• Licenses: LNS

About The Preserve at Palm Aire

The Preserve at Palm-Aire offers quality, state-of-the-art assisted living, senior living and memory care to its residents.

We provide a prime location in Pompano Beach, Florida, allowing residents to quickly feel comfortable and at home, relaxing in our tranquil environment. The Preserve at Palm-Aire offers exceptional independent living, assisted living and memory care services and is committed to ensuring each and every resident’s needs are cared for on a personable, engaging and dignified level.

The Best Staff

We hire the best, and invest in making them even better by providing ongoing training and education. Every staff member is equipped to provide specialist understanding and knowledge for our residents and their families.

Engaged Living

We’re doing away with the stereotypical notions of retirement living. Striving for more than just bingo and a bouncing ball, our Engaged Living calendars give you the opportunity to be as busy as you want to be with activities and events.

Dining with Dignity®

As seniors age, they can encounter difficulties with taste, swallowing, or dexterity. Our award-winning Dining with Dignity® program sets out to solve these problems and make food a pleasure again with delicious and classic meals re-thought to maximize safety, taste, and ease.

Cognitive & Dementia Experts

We're proud to be leaders in care for Alzheimer’s disease and the related diseases of dementia. With two memory care neighborhoods depending on your level of care, no situation is too hard for us to help.

Map of The Preserve at Palm Aire