Sunrise of Plainview

1231 Old Country Road, Plainview, NY, 11803

Reviews of Sunrise of Plainview

Michael G.1 August 28, 2013

Aside from assisted living, Sunrise of Plainview also has memory care. My daughter works for this facility and so probably it is also where I would end up. They're expensive, although I like this facility because it is closer to my children. As I went to see my daughter, I also met with some of the management people there. I also got to see the facility and to me, it was very nice. The people seemed very happy there as well.

momforsports February 03, 2013

Other

This is the worst Sunrise in the system. They are tiny, there dementia unit is very small and the woman who runs it is very cold and uncaring. She doesn't seem to have a total understanding of the needs and the daily changes of a resident with Dementia. I WOULD NEVER RECOMMEND THIS FACILITY TO ANYONE WHO NEEDS THIS KIND OF CARE.

Thank you for your message. Our team members are committed to providing quality care and we are very proud of the joy they bring to residents every day. We encourage you to contact us at information@sunriseseniorliving.com to share your specific concerns.

marissadg July 05, 2012

My father and I took a tour of this facility to see if it would be a good fit for my grandma, who has Alzheimer's, and my grandpa who was a diabetic. We needed to make sure that the facility had a program for my grandmother that would allow her to interact with other Alzheimer's patients and keep her brain in use, which it did. The facility also told us that they would be able to provide a diet to help keep my grandpa's sugar levels in check. The facility was very nice and clean. The staff was friendly and caring, and very accommodating. The reason why my grandparents did not wind up here was due to the size and feel of the facility. It was very small and residents seemed to not have enough room to go about their day without being in each other's way. There were also a large amount of wheelchairs and walkers blocking walking paths, due to the lack of space. We also did not end up having them live there because the other sunrise facility we toured felt more like a home than an assisted living center.

From Sunrise of Plainview

An intimate, small inn ambience is the hallmark of Sunrise Senior Living of Plainview. Other key features of the community include excellent accessibility to Nassau and Suffolk Counties, proximity to cultural and social programs, and Jewish and Christian holiday observances.

Step into a Sunrise community and you can't help but feel at home. We stop at nothing to make your experience warm and inviting, from our homelike exterior architecture, to our comfortable community areas and choice of suites to our exceptional outdoor gardens and landscaping. Look around and you'll notice fresh flowers throughout the residence, and you may even spot our dog or our cat. And of course, there are always the friendly smiling faces of our staff to insure that each day spent here is a welcome one.

Features of Sunrise of Plainview

• Fee Structure Extra We Offer A Month To Month Rental

• Features Extra Library

• Internet Enabled Rooms
  • Technology Extra Emergency Call System

• Staff Patient Ratio 6 To 1 (Al) 4 To 1 (Alz)

• Licenses ALR License with Enhanced Care and Special Needs