Sunrise of Pikesville

3800 Old Court Road, Pikesville, MD, 21208

Reviews of Sunrise of Pikesville

November 30, 2015

By Joann27

I didn’t choose Sunrise of Pikesville because I was not the least bit impressed. I saw people just sitting around doing nothing with no interaction by the medical staff. They showed me a room and that was it. They didn't show me anything else. The room was OK, but it didn’t turn me on. It was not what I wanted for my husband. I was not impressed.

We are sorry to hear that you were not pleased with your tour experience at this community. Please know that we take all concerns seriously and would like to learn more. Please email Information(at)SunriseSeniorLiving(dot)com with further details so we may follow up. Thank you! Sunrise Team

October 28, 2015

By Dawn32

Sunrise was very nice and very clean. It wasn’t as large as others, but the grounds were very well-kept and nicely landscaped. It had a great, big wrap-around front porch that had a bunch of rocking chairs on it where you could go out and sit, which I thought was nice.

September 30, 2015

Sunrise of Pikesville was nice, and they were friendly. They were having their lunch, and I don’t recall seeing activities at that time. I didn't care for the way their dining room was set up. I saw one room, and it was OK, but not spacious enough for me. The lobby was nice; it was just a little busy. Some of the staff was nice.

August 27, 2015

Everything was very nice at Sunrise of Pikesville. I would recommend them highly. They had a lot of things, and the rooms were spacious and roomy although the food wasn’t that good. They treated them like family.

August 27, 2015

Sunrise of Pikesville was wonderful. I love it! They're wonderful. My tour was wonderful. The rooms looked clean. They seemed to be very lovely people. My meeting there was amazing. This was my second choice for my mother-in-law. I would highly recommend this facility.

June 29, 2015

By George110464750

I was very impressed with Sunrise of Pikesville. They took us on a nice tour, and it seemed like a really nice facility. I've seen places that were a little more high-end, but this one didn't impress me as being high-end. First of all, we went in there without an appointment, and they had somebody give us a tour. We got to walk around, check the place out, and talk to people, and it seemed to be pleasant. They had a nice little patio, and their dining area looked like a cozy restaurant more than a chow hall, so that was kind of impressive. When we got there, the young lady showed us the various rooms, and we thought the room might actually be bigger. There was some lady who was doing an interaction with all of the residents that wanted to be there, and everybody seemed to be participating. They were all engaged and working with this lady, and they said that they do that pretty much every day. Everyday, they had something going on. I didn't have any negative thing to say about it, but it just wasn't financially advantageous and convenient to move our mother out there since I am happy with where she is now. If it was $1,000 cheaper, we might have considered it.

May 28, 2015

My relative is in Sunrise of Pikesville. The staff I met is good. Everything is adequate, clean, and very inviting when you go in. I did see their calendar of activities, and they have a variety of activities planned. It is in a very nice neighborhood, and it is not too far from a hospital.

May 28, 2015

By Carolyn88679150

The Sunrise community at Pikesville actually has a live-in dog and cat, which was really fabulous. We saw a room that was available that we were actually going to be placing my father into. Super friendly folks there -- it was just really amazing. Like I said, they had a resident dog and a cat, which was really positive and uplifting for the residents, and my father would have loved it. There was so much activity going on. They had someone giving a talk to the residents in the dining area; it was like a current events' class. I thought it was really very good. We saw folks being taken outside for a walk and fresh air and that kind of thing. It just seemed to be really nice. I just loved the sitting areas; they were extremely comfortable. They felt like they were home. They have a nice television room with a fireplace. It was a very homey atmosphere.

March 25, 2015

By Claire18

Sunrise of Pikesville was very homey. It wasn't like what I would call institutional at all. Actually, it was kind of funny that they have a house dog there, and the dog was just wandering around. The residents were getting ready to have lunch, so it was nice to see everybody just kind of interacting. My contact there was very friendly, took a lot of time to answer all my questions, and gave us a tour, and it is likely to be my number one choice. I also asked them about respite care because, at this point of time, I still have home care for my mother, but they offered a fair program for the respite care, so I am going to keep that in mind if I ever need to use that. If and when it happens, I know which one I would probably select. I am looking at an apartment that has two people, but I really liked the architectural design of the two-person apartment. The way it was designed, it has a bathroom in-between the two of them so it was not like a hospital setting where the two beds are right next to each other. I really liked the separation, the space, and the privacy that you'd want, but it was still reasonable from a price perspective.

February 11, 2015

By Walter16

The Sunrise of Pikesville was excellent. The apartments looked very good to me. They had a bedroom and a kitchen. I was impressed with the cleanliness of the place and the friendliness of the people. I liked it. The atmosphere was really good.

June 24, 2014

By Nurseperson

This is a very pretty place and that's about it. My mom's clothes were lost. Her medications were given incorrectly, and the staff (mostly GNAs or lower), didn't know how to contact her doctor or any doctor. Sunday dinner was a hotdog, with very salty chips. I wouldn't believe what we were paying for. Phone call regarding care issues went unanswered. I would not recommend this place.

We’re sorry to hear about your experience and we take your comments very seriously. Please contact information@sunriseseniorliving.com with your contact information so that we can reach out to you to discuss further. Thanks, The Sunrise Team

May 31, 2014

I liked the layout of the rooms and the windows at Sunrise of Pikesville. However, they had a waiting list for the studios when I went there. The rooms were like upscale hotel rooms. They served three meals a day. They took us on a tour and explained things. They were rather reluctant to really tell us the monthly cost. They just informed us of the price range, which was per day. It was a very nice facility, but you wouldn't really know unless you had a family in there.

May 30, 2014

I moved my mom to Sunrise of Pikesville, and she's very happy where she is. It is not too far from where I live. It is three miles from my house. So, the location is really important. It is not huge. It is the right size. She can have the room I want her to have, and there are activities going on all day long. So she can be active. The rehab is just right there. The staff is so attentive and pleasant. You have a main caregiver. While that caregiver is on duty, that person is always looking after you. If that person is not on duty, of course someone else is. They are just so pleasant, so patient, and treat them as if they are their own relatives. Mom is 104, and they noticed right away when she had trouble lifting her left arm. They immediately called the paramedics and they called me. So, we were able to bring her to the hospital on time. The she went to rehab, and then she went back there. So, she had a stroke, but she's back the way she was. So, I cannot complain. The atmosphere there is very good. There are just so many things that work. You can even have beer and wine with dinner if you want.

May 29, 2014

Sunrise of Pikesville was very nice. My mother is at level 3, however; this facility is sort of a la carte. It may start off not being too expensive, but because my mother has so many things that just keep adding on and adding on, it would become too expensive. Their rooms were nice. It was like a hotel. It had a lovely dining room and a lot of activities. The staff was very nice too.

April 10, 2014

By Phil9

The facility and the staff in Sunrise were both nice. The rooms were the same as the other places that I visited. They had an activity board, and they offered daily activities like exercises and calisthenics. They also had their own transportation service. They went shopping and they took people around.

March 31, 2014

By Shelli1

Sunrise was very nice for the right candidate. They did a great job. He had a good experience. They had music, and they had all sorts of things for the seniors to do, and for the right senior, it was a great place. The people were very friendly and very nice. It looked very nice and well-kept. It looked like everyone was very happy.

March 27, 2014

I really liked Sunrise of Pikesville when I went there for a visit. That was a really cool place. The rooms were really nice, with the way they were laid out. They had these shared rooms, which is kind of nice because they still have separate big bedrooms. The residents who live there are very happy with the care. It seemed like a really happy and upbeat place.

July 11, 2011

By 5p0rk5Minue

Other

The staff and level care at Sunrise Assisted Living in Pikesville, Baltimore, MD is truly stellar. They are incredibly friendly to residents and guests alike, providing medical assistance and general help to the elderly who need it so badly. The food served is diverse and delicious, catering to the various tastes of both Jewish and African American clients. The facility is beautiful, and when I walk in I feel like I am staying in a luxury hotel. The cleanliness is impeccable in public areas as well as in residents' rooms. Furthermore, their continual programming is interesting, entertaining, and always changing. They have religious services available, seasonal and holiday parties, and a truly unparalleled "adopt a grandchild" program with local public schools. In all, the staff and facilities at Sunrise Assisted Living in Baltimore are top of the line. The only problem can come in the cost of living in Sunrise as it is one of the most expensive assisted living communities in the area.

Photos of Sunrise of Pikesville

Features of Sunrise of Pikesville

• Minimum Memory Cost: $2763/month
  • Fee Structure Extra: We Offer A Month To Month Rental

• Housing Extra: Large, Medium Studios

• Features Extra: Library

• Home Sale Assistance

About Sunrise of Pikesville

At Sunrise of Pikesville, we pride ourselves in our community service, providing transportation to doctor's appointments, providing services for our Jewish community with Friday Sabbath and also providing Christian services for our non-Jewish residents.

Step into a Sunrise Assisted Living community and you can't help but feel at home. We stop at nothing to make your experience warm and inviting, from our homelike exterior architecture, to our comfortable community areas and choice of suites to our exceptional outdoor gardens and landscaping. Look around and you'll notice fresh flowers throughout the residence, and you may even spot our dog or our cat. And of course, there are always the friendly smiling faces of our staff to ensure that each day spent here is a welcome one.

Map of Sunrise of Pikesville