Eskaton FountainWood Lodge

Overview of Ratings

4.5

June 07, 2017

By rs734068

We chose Eskaton FountainWood Lodge because it seemed to be a professionally-run organization. It's a large community and fully-staffed. We thought that this is the best pick for my mother. Another thing is that it is the closest one that we could find. They have a full kitchen. They not only have regular menu, but you can also have an alternate menu. If you feel like having a burger, you can have a burger. They have a lot of variety. They're trying to work a lot on their activities too. People have peculiar needs, and they're trying to fulfill them.

August 17, 2016

By Daniel865564

Eskaton needed to be renovated. There weren't any activities happening when we went there, and the residents were in their rooms or eating. Everything looked like it was from the early '90s, was older, and the rooms were smaller. Eskaton was discounted and cheaper, but fairly hard to get to.
Eskaton FountainWood Lodge offers a rural, pastoral setting very close to Hazel Ave in Orangevale. Our residents love the patio, gardens, large trees, and fresh air. The entry way opens up to a large living room area with sky lights and a grand piano that is used often for recitals by local students and professional musicians. It is always energizing to walk in and see the older adults enjoying the music and company. Tuesday afternoons you will find a group of knitters teaching each other how to make blankets and clothing. In fact, one of our newest knitters is over 100 years old. She was taught by the activity director and now she makes new born caps by the dozen. Eskaton FountainWood Lodge isn't for everyone. It's a special place, for very special people.

July 29, 2016

By Sandra034758

I was very disappointed with Eskaton Fountainwood Lodge. They showed me a couple of rooms that were under construction, but they weren't expecting me even though I had an appointment. The information had not gotten to them. They had a lot of activities, but the rooms were really small. They had very long hallways with no place for older people to sit down. The dining area is totally separate from the main area. They had a walking trail and an area with a couple of chairs outside. They could put seats in the hallway, because if the older people are not walking with a walker, but they have to sit down there was no place for them to sit. When I was there they were working on improving their rooms, but all they're doing was updating them, not enlarging them. The rooms are really small.
Sandra, We are sorry to read about your experience. Each time we prepare a room for a new resident we go through a very thorough process of checking that every appliance is in tip top condition, from the A/C to the faucets, our maintenance crew pays attention to detail. They freshen paint and clean carpets because they care about the person who will be calling the apartment home. We apologize if our maintenance equipment was in the way during your tour. We wish you the best in finding a setting that meets all your needs. If you have additional feedback, please feel free to call our Executive Director, Davina Barker, at 916-988-2200.

June 30, 2016

By Ruth D102315

All my expectations are met and enjoy living at FountainWood. It's the next best thing than living at home. The staff has treated me perfectly. I have the freedom living here. I love the grounds, do gardening and I'm able to go for a walk anytime and feel safe.
Thank you Ruth for your wonderful review.

June 24, 2016

By Larry S385732

I've gone on scenic tours around Folsom Lake. I do physical exercise class at 9AM, weights in hand, arms up and down. In the lobby every afternoon, we do crossword puzzles or trivia for mental exercise.
Larry, thank you for being an important part of our community.

June 24, 2016

By Tony S050234

These people here are nice to be around. We play trivia and exercise. There is live entertainment every week or two. Eskaton is my home.
Thank you for sharing!

June 18, 2016

By Smith660105

It’s really a good place. They treat me wonderfully. The people are so nice and present, genuine, upfront and engaged. I’m really impressed by the quality of the people.
Thank you for the compliment!

By Dan G468717

I've been here 4 years now. I love the staff here. Wonderful people. The best place we have found in Sacramento county. It's clean. It's pure. I've got good friends here.
Thank you for making Eskaton your home. Our staff appreciate your kinds words.

By Karim065170

This place is my family. I have so many friends here. They are wonderful to me. We like a lot of the people who come in to bring entertainment to us. I’m pretty happy doing all the things I do here.
There is always something going on around Eskaton FountainWood Lodge. Glad you are enjoying the activities.

By PJP832274

It’s a safe place to make a home. I like the lobby and dining hall. They are open and spacious. They have a memory unit and assisted living. My wife and I could live together.
Thank you for taking the time to write a review. The staff appreciates it.

May 11, 2016

By Rod10

At Eskaton FountainWood Lodge, Mom thought the people were friendly and liked the openness of the place. They had some bands playing music. The room was smaller than the other ones we've seen.
Thank you for taking the time to tour our community. If you have additional feedback, feel free to share it with Davina Barker, our executive director. 916-988-2200

April 15, 2016

By Carol123233250

Eskaton FountainWood Lodge was a very good facility with caring people who gave good care and paid attention to my mom. We didn't have any complaints about the staff. It was an older community, so it was not fancy looking, but it was very clean and very nice. Mom was able to go out of her room, and somebody brought her back right away.
Thank you Carol for taking the time to leave a review. We value your experience. Thank you for choosing Eskaton.

November 30, 2015

By Gretchen10

I did not like Eskaton. It was very cold and sterile and seemed more hospital-like. It just looked depressing. The facility was very dated, and seemed old and unkept. The room was old, dated, small, and depressing. They need to brighten up the furnishings.
Gretchen, We are sorry to Eskaton wasn't a good fit for you. Our open floor plan living room and shared outdoor courtyards are designed for socialization. The location is surrounded by acreage with horse properties, so it is very quiet and serene. Thank you for the feedback regarding the furnishing. We will make sure to pass that on to our decorators.

September 15, 2015

By frazzled daughter

While I have not been successful in convincing my mother that she would be well taken care of at an assisted living facility, I continue to get supporting emails and information from Andrea. She definitely understood my frustration and was very caring and supportive even though we are not residents at that facility.
We understand how frustrating it can be when you just want the best for your mom. Please reach out to us if we can do anything to help. Also know that we have an Information and Assistance line that is available M-F 8-5. 1-866-eskaton (375-2866)

July 21, 2015

By Melody7

Eskaton was a very gorgeous and well-maintained facility. We spoke with one of the representatives in the lobby area. We told her what we were looking at and price-wise, we didn’t go any farther because we knew we couldn’t afford to put my mother-in-law in a facility. We didn’t go anywhere other than just that first area, but we had to walk from the parking lot to where we were. The place was clean inside and out the facility -- very inviting -- and the grounds were gorgeous. Everybody was very friendly.
Thank you for taking the time to share your experience.

June 30, 2015

By Tippy2

The meals in Eskaton FountainWood Lodge are good and tasty. They also have bookshelves with lots of choices. I read a lot so I appreciate this. They also have trips to different places like shopping trips and pleasure trips.
Thank you for visiting.

June 30, 2015

By Caring113198650

I do like my residence, Eskaton FountainWood Lodge. They have a better facility compared to other communities I looked at.
Thank you for choosing Eskaton.

June 29, 2015

By Frank41

Eskaton FountainWood Lodge is an excellent community. They consistently provide great care and food!

February 28, 2014

Eskaton is clean and convenient. It's close to where we live. The dining area is clean, spacious, and the food is good. It's an excellent place. The rooms were clean, and modest.

Let Us Search For You

Photos of Eskaton FountainWood Lodge

Features of Eskaton FountainWood Lodge

• Minimum Memory Cost: $3800/month

About Eskaton FountainWood Lodge

At Eskaton FountainWood Lodge, we want you to focus on what makes you happy. With assistance-as-you-need it options, hospitality services and life-enriching amenities, you’re free from the burdens associated with everyday living. With assisted living services, you’ll have support with everyday tasks and healthcare needs such as medication management, bathing, dressing and grooming and more.

Map of Eskaton FountainWood Lodge