Meadowmere & Mitchell Manor Oak Creek

701 East Puetz Road, Oak Creek, WI, 53154

Reviews of Meadowmere & Mitchell Manor Oak Creek

Caring102478950 February 16, 2015

I have had my mother in Meadowmere & Mitchell Manor Oak Creek for a couple of weeks now. She had a stroke, and she ended up in the CBRF unit because she needed more care; it's between assisted living and nursing home. It's very clean and well maintained, and everything in there is up-to-date, no worn out carpets, and the meals are good. The people there are very friendly. She has her own room. They take pretty good care of her, and she seems to be clean and dressed decently everyday; that part of it seems to be good.

MNK November 30, 2014

I had a very nice reception at Meadowmere & Mitchell Manor Oak Creek. The dining room looked nice, people in the memory area were playing Bingo, and they seemed happy. The staff was very nice; I had a very nice welcome. The room that I saw was nice, and it was a nice size. It was sufficient for the needs of an Alzheimer's patient, and the bathroom was done right. It looked comfortable.

Caring91357650 August 27, 2014

My husband is in Mitchell Manor and I was happy to see that there were only two exits and both of those are in very prominent locations, so somebody can see if he tried to go out. He is sharing the room with another man, and they share a bathroom.

My husband has Alzheimer’s and while the facility is not a memory unit, almost everyone in this facility has Alzheimer’s. It is actually assisted living but for all practical purposes, it is basically a memory care unit. All the people that have worked there are very in-tune to caring for people with Alzheimer’s and at this point, I’m very satisfied with the way things are going even though this is not a true memory unit.. The staff was very in-tuned on how to handle people with Alzheimer’s -- what to say to them and how to redirect them to do the things that they need to. They play with a big plastic ball, bingo and he has been painting, which is amazing.

Penny6 March 31, 2014

Meadowmere & Mitchell Manor Oak Creek was a nice facility, but it was apartments and not what I wanted with the assisted living. The 1-bedroom apartments were beautiful. They had a galley kitchen, which is basically all you need, and a nice-sized living room and bedroom. You had your bathroom, a walk-in closet, and a closet for storage. They were pretty good-sized apartments. I could picture myself living in one when I get older. The staff was very helpful, very friendly and outgoing. They would bend over backwards just to help you figure out what it was you were looking for.

Caring82104550 December 31, 2013

Actually we're all set and my mom is in Meadowmere right now. The place is very well maintained. It is just a very very nice facility. It is more of a condominium-type of place. It is also assisted living, so they have their own apartment with services that come to the unit itself as far as nurse and medications, cleaning, etc. So it is a very nice set-up. They have a dining hall where you can have your meals or you can have your them delivered to your room. The staff is very friendly, very nice, accommodating and punctual. My mom likes this facility a lot. She has been there for three months now.

Lisa30 June 26, 2013

Meadowmere & Mitchell Manor Oak Creek is a nice place. It's very clean. The staff are so friendly and very accommodating to my dad, pretty much anything you could ask for. They were very much willing to accommodate different types of people. The rooms looked really new, very clean, and very appropriate as far as the handicap access. They have a beautiful balcony with a nice view. The food looks like standard cafeteria food. They serve their meals really early. They serve lunch at 11 and dinner at 4 pm. They have activities like exercises, games, happy hour, bingo, and they take the residents to shops.

E.H. March 14, 2012

Meadowmere and Mitchell Manor in Oak Creek are fairly new and well-maintained facilities. The exterior is landscaped and features a fenced in garden for residents. The interiors are clearly less than 10 years old and furnished to resemble a house. The atmosphere is more one of a communal house than a nursing home. They have a full schedule for residents of both facilities that is set up monthly so residents and visitors know what is going on ahead of time. The facility has a lovely atmosphere. The staff are well-trained and compassionate and caring for the residents. My grandmother has Alzheimer's/dementia and is clearly well cared for by all the staff. The staff have always welcomed visitors . On all of my bi-weekly to monthly visits I have not heard residents or visitors complaining about any of the staff. The staff have a thankless job taking care of our loved ones who need round-the-clock care and do an amazing job. I am very glad my grandmother is in such a nice facility and would not hesitate to recommend it to other families.

commercesd February 18, 2012

We visited Meadowmere & Mitchell Manor Oak Creek while in the region looking at facilities for our uncle. This facility can accommodate a variety of ambulation levels and as a resident's needs change, care can be shifted accordingly.

The exterior resembled a chateau and appeared very well maintained. The grounds were nicely landscaped, with nice tree-lined walkways and seating areas for the residents to enjoy. The energy of the facility was friendly and peaceful and the staff very accommodating.

There were plenty of rooms for the seniors to enjoy a variety of activities from reading in the library, to card games, physical exercise, crafting and enjoy many other hosted events where people in the community visit.

The exercise center included regular classes, equipment to use and assistance to ensure safety while assisting the seniors in every way possible.

The menus included all kinds of healthy food options for diets. Healthy snacks were also offered regularly and whenever requested. The dining room was beautifully decorated with comfortable and easy access furniture. The food was all nicely prepared and smelled and looked appetizing.

The private living spaces were beautifully decorated with lots of nice colors, There was also plenty of fresh air and natural light.

There was a large auditorium for interesting group events. Outside activities featured many interesting cultural events in the area such as music, films, art and other cultural gatherings regularly.

The staff is very kind, caring and attentive to the seniors and they all look like they really enjoy living here.

From Meadowmere & Mitchell Manor Oak Creek

Meadowmere & Mitchell Manor Oak Creek offers compassionate senior care in Oak Creek, WI. We strive to create a home-like atmosphere where you and your loved ones can feel secure. Our warm, well-trained staff works closely with our residents to provide the utmost care and comfort. As part of the Five Star corporation, you can be sure that everyone at Meadowmere & Mitchell Manor Oak Creek shares the Five Star Values, and is committed to a high level of caring in all that they do. Please schedule a visit to see why we are the first choice in senior care in Oak Creek, WI.

Features of Meadowmere & Mitchell Manor Oak Creek