Belmont Village St. Matthews

4600 Bowling Boulevard, Louisville, KY, 40207

Reviews of Belmont Village St. Matthews

Caring95697650 October 16, 2014

Belmont Village St. Matthews was a very nice place. It was very clean. The people I met were very professional. It was really, really nice, and I'd love for my parents to be able to go there, but it was just too expensive. I toured a couple of rooms, and they're wonderful. In terms of location, Belmont Village is located around a bunch of malls, and the traffic in that area is horrendous. If they can afford it, I would recommend this place. They need to improve on the prices.

Jeanie1 September 30, 2013

I like the cleanliness and the level of care at Belmont Village. I also like that it has care for Alzheimer's although it is an assisted living facility. They have plenty of staff. There are nurses on duty 24/7. They have nice rooms. They have meals prepared by chefs. I am just really impressed with the way it is run.

Nancy47 May 31, 2013

Atria St. Matthews was a beautiful facility. The staff was nice and friendly. It seem like a really suitable place for my parents to live. The place was well decorated. It was very quiet compare to the other places we were at. They take the residents to go shopping or even to the movies.

Sharon18 May 15, 2013

One of my father's friends is in Belmont Village. It's very nice, but his friend keeps telling him how expensive it is. The staff is really nice, and it seemed that they're taking really good care of their residents. Food is really good, too. We saw somebody that came in and sang big band songs during one of our visits, and that was quite interesting.

Sharon October 31, 2012

Belmont Village was wonderful. They work with me and they got her in. I had to go out of town right away but they took care of her. It's been a good deal. The staff was very nice.

jalyng September 13, 2012

My grandfather was very hesitant prior to staying at Belmont Village of St. Matthews. After arriving and getting settled in he was still very uneasy about his expectations of the facility. The staff there made every effort to make him feel like "home". When I came to surprise him by visiting for his birthday, every one greeted me and welcomed me like I was a part of the family. I can remember smiling faces as I arrived and when they asked who I was visiting. They were excellent in guiding me on my triumphs of surprising him. When I asked him how his stay was going, he mentioned that he had nothing short of great experiences at the home. He was confident that it would be a place that he could live his years to come, however long that may be. I am thrilled that he is content with everything now and would definitely recommend this facility to anyone.

jvalentine September 30, 2011

My grandmother was a resident at this facility for about two a half years. I visited her a few times during her stay, usually around the holidays, but I did visit once during the summer. The facility was always clean and well lit, with plenty of staff around. I always noticed their eyes darting down to my visitor badge, which made me feel like my grandmother was safe. Her room was medium sized, although the bathroom was large, with lots of handrails. When I stayed for dinner, the food was pretty good, definitely better than hospital food. During one of my visits I saw numerous seniors attending a seminar, which seemed to be about current events. A man was talking about the unemployment and underemployment problem, relating it to events in the past so the listeners could understand. It wasn't a depressing place that smelled, and my family could feel good about my grandmother staying there. It helps that it was her choice to move, after she became unable to do her daily life activities.

Louisville Hiker 502 September 10, 2011

My grand father seemed very irritated at the notion on moving into an assisted living home after a rather devastating medical problem robbed him of his ability to live alone, but quickly grew to love Belmont.Being that the facility is in the heart of St. Matthews, our family always had a pleasant experience with the grounds. It was mere minutes away from the bustling retail centers and several restaurants, making trips and activities very easy to manage.The staff was always polite and ever present. The nurses always greeted us when we bumped into her in the halls and all the community was very friendly over all.As far as accommodation goes, Belmont was quite humble. My grandfather was never much of a computer guy, but he enjoyed sitting with me while I fiddled around the free internet in the locals. We'd watch shows or just funny videos online just like we would at his old house. When I would go off to school for the fall / spring semesters, we'd always keep in touch via email, I reckon someone was nice enough to help him set up an account in my absence! He always said the food was "nothing compared to HIS cooking" but was generally pleased with what they had to offer. The facility seemed to be teeming with community spirit and liveliness; it certainly taught me quickly the error in my assumptions of a typical "old folks home".

From Belmont Village St. Matthews

Located in the heart of the St. Matthews, just eight miles east of downtown Louisville, is the friendly community of Belmont Village at St. Matthews. Opened in 1999, our senior living facility provides a warm and welcoming home to residents as well as many cherished pets. There's no shortage of indoor and outdoor activities for community residents. The stylish facility is across from Draut Park with walking paths and a protected wetland. Nearby are the Mall St. Matthews, Kentucky's largest shopping center, and Oxmoor Mall. There are also numerous places of worship as well as three well-respected hospitals in close proximity.

In addition to Belmont's signature programs in hospitality and dining, residents also have opportunities for learning, community service and fitness activities for different levels of ability, all administered by a caring and well-trained staff, and overseen by a stable and expert management team.

Experience the Belmont Village Difference
  • Dedicated Memory Care Residences
  • Assistance with daily living
  • Well-trained, dedicated staff
  • Chef-prepared, restaurant-style dining
  • Professionally supervised fitness center and wellness programs
  • Physical, occupational and speech therapies available on-site
  • Free scheduled transportation
  • Enrichment programs and social activities
  • Internet and email at the Center for Learning
  • Housekeeping and laundry
  • Private and companion apartments
  • Short-term stays available
Memory Care rate includes the following
(there is an additional fee for enhanced personal care.)
  • Basic Personal Care (activity reminders and stand-by assistance with bathing, dressing, grooming and escorts)
  • Three delicious chef-prepared meals served restaurant-style daily in Josephine's Kitchen
  • Licensed Nurse on-site 24 hours a day
  • Regular monitoring of residents' wellness and periodic health assessments
  • Senior-focused social, recreational, educational and gardening activities
  • 24-hour emergency call response system
  • Daily scheduled transportation to nearby shops, physicians' offices or special events
  • Weekly housekeeping, laundering of bed linens and personal laundry
  • Daily trash removal and bed-making
  • All utilities except private telephone
  • Cable TV programming

Licensed nurse on-site 24/7, Medication administration by nurses if required, State Licensed to provide Personal Care, Assistance with daily living, Well-trained, dedicated staff, Chef-prepared, restaurant-style dining, with open dining times, Professionally supervised fitness program, or physician ordered therapy, Free scheduled transportation, Enrichment programs, social activities and outings, Internet and email at the Center for Learning

Features of Belmont Village St. Matthews

• Technology extra: Emergency Call System

• Pharmacy
  • Physical therapy
  • 24 hour nurses: Yes

• Companion suites: We offer companion suites

• General store
  • Coffee shop
  • Shared space where residents can host parties
  • Features extra: Library, Fitness room/Gym

• Religious services
  • Book clubs
  • Activities extra: Computer class

• Private services

• We charge an entry fee
  • Fee structure extra: 1