Libby Bortz Assisted Living Center

5844 S Curtice, Littleton, CO, 80120

Reviews of Libby Bortz Assisted Living Center

Sharon34 November 05, 2013

My uncle was in Libby Bortz before he needed more care and was transferred to another place. It was fantastic. It was old fashioned but was very comfortable and nice for my uncle. He was there for a long time and we didn’t have any bad experiences. His room was lovely but it didn’t feel spacious and wasn't easy to get around. My uncle liked Libby Bortz.

a fan named Duane November 20, 2012

I have been here 2 years and most functions are satisfactory. An exception is medication administration;if the prospective residence requires this aid, they should look for a facility that has documented verification of every step in the medication administration function.

Valerie566 July 26, 2011

After visiting numerous assisted living centers for our loved-one to live in, the first thing we noticed about Libby Bortz when we walked in was a lack of offensive odors. Nearly every other place we visited smelled strongly of either urine or mildew. Libby Bortz is a center that is clean, beautifully decorated and well kept. In fact, when we first visited they were redecorating an area that they deemed "out-dated" in décor. Libby Bortz takes special care to give its residents a beautiful environment that feels like home.

Our loved-one has lived there now for four years. The staff is always friendly toward non-residents when we visit. They provide activities for their residents that go above and beyond normal activities provided at nearly any center. For example, we've enjoyed a very nice Mother's Day tea every year complete with special entertainment. Just recently, they put on a pageant for the residents where those who wanted to participate were dressed in beautiful gowns, got their make-up and hair done for free and were able to walk the "cat-walk." Our loved-one raved about how enjoyable this was for her and other residents.

When we visit, we regularly see the residents playing cards or games in the common areas, reading or enjoying social time and visiting on the many couches and seating areas scattered throughout the center. We have often witnessed residents playing the piano and others gathering around to listen or to join in an impromptu sing-along. Residents appear happy. They are free to participate in as little or as many planned activities as they desire.

The only negative is how warm the center can sometimes feel. Individual A/C units were installed in upper level rooms to remedy the problem. This has quelled resident complaints about hot rooms. However, hallways can still be very warm.

purplewindow May 19, 2011

Friend or relative of resident

I was really impressed with Libby Bortz. My mother had a small room for privacy, and was able to go to the common larger areas if she wanted to. These common areas were very comfortable and looked like large living rooms. There was a kitchen on her floor that she could use if she wanted to. There are also balconies off the common areas so the residence can sit outside. The place was always immaculate inside and outside. The staff was very friendly. They had a movie night and other activities for residents who were interested. I thought that overall it was a very nice place.

About Libby Bortz Assisted Living Center

Libby Bortz Assisted Living Center is an assisted living facility in Littleton, CO that offers residents independent living options and daily support services. Contact Libby Bortz Assisted Living Center for more details on housing, services, and rates.

Location of Libby Bortz Assisted Living Center