Isle at Kingwood Assisted Living & Memory Care

24025 Kingwood Pl Dr, Kingwood, TX, 77339

Reviews of Isle at Kingwood Assisted Living & Memory Care

Madelaine1 April 24, 2016

We just popped in at Isle at Kingwood Assisted Living & Memory Care, but they were very kind to show us around a couple of rooms, which we have not gotten to see at every place, so it was very nice. As far as medical needs, if our parents were a little more medically involved, we could really see the need to go to a place like that. There was a doctor on-staff as well as a couple of nurses. The staff was very nice. We were impressed.

Barbara120412950 February 29, 2016

My mother-in-law is moving to Isle at Kingwood starting the first of the month. It was her choice. It looks like it has been well taken care of and it’s a newer facility than where she was in. The staff was friendly and accommodating. They took us on a tour; they fed us lunch. She liked the food.

AnonymousDaughter102 January 24, 2016

Isle at Kingwood was nice. The lady that took us around was nice and the rooms were nice too.

Mary121153750 December 23, 2015

Friendly Staff, good food, kind residents. Signed lease today. thankful for Ed’s time and hospitality.

anonymous115785450 November 10, 2015

We moved into The Isle at Kingwood. It’s a beautiful place with wonderful programs. My mother gets very good care there. The staff is friendly and well-qualified. The rooms are beautiful, well-lit, spacious, and very attractive. The food is not the best, but it’s fine; there’s nothing wrong with it.

Matha Williams November 07, 2015

They have a very clean building. The staff was very cordial. They smiled and greeted us during the tour.

Mary Speer September 30, 2015

I love the staff the most. I was the first one here and I love it!

Anonymous103947550 March 31, 2015

The Emeritus at Kingwood was very nice. I liked it a lot, and I saw they did a lot of activities with their people. I went unescorted. I did not go into a room, but I saw their entrance. There was a bar where you could have a glass of wine and I thought that was really nice.

Bette3 February 11, 2015

We moved my father to Emeritus at Kingwood, and I think it is wonderful. I love the way it looks. I love all the people that I speak with, how nice their status, and how great their rooms are. My dad does volleyball if he wants to, and he goes to movies. They have happy hours on Friday nights, and they go out to lunch. They have several things that they do every week that he is involved in. However, my dad is now in the skilled nursing area because he has pneumonia, but he is recovering very nicely. He is having physical therapy, and I think they are overly great there. I will absolutely recommend them to others, and I am very pleased with them.

Anonymous105854750 February 09, 2015

My aunt was at the Emeritus at Kingwood, and they were great. It was a brand new facility and was very luxurious. It was like walking into a hotel. When she was there, she would always tell me that it takes forever for them to get to her when she fell. That is her only complaint. They had a lot of activities like little parties. They also offer transportation services.

Sharon85495650 June 19, 2014

I went to Emeritus, and it was a great location because it was walking distance from Kingwood College, which offers a very heavy program for seniors. It was about a block from Kingwood Mental Center, which is an up and coming, good medical facility. They were in the process of building individual cottages and apartments for independent living. I thought that would really appeal to a lot of people. That place looked like a lodge from Colorado. I saw some of the rooms, which were very attractive. I saw a one-bedroom that they had set up as a showroom type place, and that looked great. I also had a chance to see an efficiency room, which was very roomy and nicely arranged. I enjoyed meeting one person there, but I was not able to meet any of the residents or any other staff. However, it was new and attractive. There was no doubt about it.

Caring79241950 February 24, 2014

My mother is at Emeritus at Kingwood. She has been there about a month and a half now. We chose this facility basically because it was closer to my home. We were investigating at a couple of other facilities because my mom has some needs and Emeritus was the only one who gave us the best answers for this. The place is very nice and new. I think it’s a year old. Mother had to go to the hospital because of an infection and they were some miscommunication in that area and then when mom was out of the hospital and she had someone come and visit her and the lady in the front desk told them that she was at the hospital and so they didn’t have a record that she did come back. So those were the things that kind of concerned me. There is a lady on the floor where she is at that always comes and checks to make sure mother is going to dinner. She is very sweet and has helped me with some boxes of stuff that I bought to my mother I know they play games, have super bowl parties, and a meet and greet. Every Friday they take them to go shopping. They also take them to the doctor's appointment on Monday or Wednesday and they have nursing staff there. We were able to eat there and the food is good. The staff at the dining seemed to be pretty busy, there services are still very good.

whistleblower December 27, 2013

I like Emeritus at Kingwood. I hope for my mom to be a future resident there and we're working on that. It was very nice. Their rooms were nice, clean and very homey. They were also convenient and spacious. They have hardwood floors there. The staff was very friendly and caring. Their administrator, Emily, was really helpful. She spent time with me and we worked out a price. I also talked to a lot of people that had left another facility because they were very disappointed there, but when they went to Emeritus, they said that they were very happy here.

toller December 18, 2013

My Mom is in the skilled nursing facility attached to here, and will move to memory care once she is discharged. I have been very impressed with the level of knowledge of the staff as regards dementia, and with how conscientious all of the staff are. The Dr. is very approachable, too. The place has a very homelike quality to it, and we have even been able to take our dogs to visit for 'pet therapy'!

Caring41744150 December 13, 2013

My mom had a stroke and she is now at Emeritus at Kingwood. The reason why chose that facility is that my mom has some dementia and if she decided to keep her there it will be a nice transition. It's also a beautiful place; it's very comfortable and homey. I really appreciate that, not just for her but for us to go in and relax. The people that had been dealing with her have been fantastic. They were happy to answer our questions anytime that we give them a call. They have been very helpful.

Linda67821050 August 15, 2013

It was fantastic and a great place. It's a little bit more expensive but it's a very nice place. I'll definitely recommend it to others. I know several people my age that have parents that live there. I don't have any idea on what they need to improve on. They're so good and I don't see anything wrong with this place.

From Isle at Kingwood Assisted Living & Memory Care

Glorious sunny apartments, customized levels of care, at-your-service amenities, a way of life designed for your pleasure… Once you experience the resort lifestyle of Isle at Kingwood, you’ll never want to leave. And you won’t have to, even if your health care needs change. We offer the area's only full continuum of services-- Independent Living, Assisted Living, Memory Support, and Extended Care --with all our care neighborhoods in one connected building. You or your loved one can remain near each other, despite different medical needs.

Our month-to-month rental agreements give you access to every level of care.

You’ll see an amazing difference in the warmth and elegance of our health care neighborhoods. Settle into the luxury and comfort of our spacious apartments with nine-foot ceilings, deluxe appointments and crown molding. You'll feel right at home.

If your medical needs change, your address doesn’t have to change as well. We offer a full range of daily-living and health-care services in one, resort-style building: Assisted Living, Memory Support, and Extended Care.

Features of Isle at Kingwood Assisted Living & Memory Care

• Technology extra: Emergency call system

• Physical therapy
  • 24 hour nurses: We have 24 hour nurses.

• Housing extra: Shared living

• Coffee shop
  • Shared space where residents can host parties
  • Features extra: Fitness Room/Gym

• Meals delivered to residents' rooms

• Arts, woodworking, craft
  • Religious services
  • Book clubs
  • Wii sports competition
  • Tai chi

• Private services

• Minimum memory care rate: $3,850/month

• We offer respite care (short term stays)
  • Minimum age: 55

• We help families understand VA benefits
  • We help families explore other financial options to afford senior living

• State License(s): 105248