Elmcroft of Mt. Zion

7493 Mount Zion Boulevard, Jonesboro, GA, 30236

Reviews of Elmcroft of Mt. Zion

September 29, 2016

By Crystal623806

My parents are at Elmcroft of Mt. Zion now. It’s beautiful as far as the looks and the ambience of it, but what I don’t like about it is the response time. I’ve been there a few times when my dad and I have called, and it took them 45 to 50 minutes to come. They said they were changing shifts and were in briefing, and that’s what took so long, but to me that was still unacceptable. They’ve gotten rid of some people and new management has come in. It has very good food. The rooms and the bathrooms are nice as well. They have sliding doors, and they have mirrors on the closet. My mom walks with a walker, and my dad’s back is always bothering him, but their room is on this long hallway, and it’s the last room on the hallway. I’ve asked them several times and they said they have the availability, but I’m waiting on them to move them. I think it’s just too much for them to walk this long hallway. The rooms have a big old privacy gate that’s around them, and when you open up the blinds and look out the window, you can’t see anything but a privacy gate.

September 19, 2016

By Julie612821

We liked the security and cleanliness at Elmcroft. The staff seemed very friendly. There was a variety of food; I like that the menus were up and posted in places. It showed you daily what was offered and what they have as alternative and if they had any allergies. It’s the only one I like.

September 13, 2016

By Dolores230830

Elmcroft of Mt. Zion was very nice. My mother liked the feel of it. It felt like home and was one level. They had transportation that would take them shopping. They had activities. We did not eat in there, but the menu looked very nice, and the food was cooked on the premises. They had movies nights, too.

July 29, 2016

By Kimberly154400

I really liked the private rooms at Elmcroft of Mt. Zion. It looked really good, like a home away from home, almost like a little retreat or a nice hotel room.

September 07, 2015

By Susan112355550

I really liked Elmcroft of Mt. Zion because of the flat area where you could move, and there was just one floor. The rooms were nice. In the resident's room, they could sit by the window, and they could see all the greens and everything out there. The staff was very friendly. The dining area was very inviting. They had like a long hallway, and they posted photos of the residents of what they did. That was really nice. When I was there, they were getting ready to go outdoors. There was a bus, and the people were lined up getting ready to board the bus. The place was really inviting. I liked the way they showed us stuff, like the resident could have the accomplishment posted to show their pride when they were more independent.

August 05, 2015

By Vonda1

We chose Elmcroft of Mt. Zion for my relative. The environment is very nice. The staff so far has been very helpful. The food is good. Their room is small, not spacious, but it was clean.

March 20, 2015

I ended up going with the place that we knew about because of a friend that was there, and this was Elmcroft in Jonesboro. All of the comments would be that the facility is nice, and the staff is very nice, and they are very accommodating. My grandmother is vegetarian, so they are working on to improve the food for her. The only thing they need to improve on would be options for food, but they are diligently working on it. They have lots of activities -- they shop and go out to eat, they have people come in for entertainment, and they have quite a few activities. They do a lot of activities, and my grandmother enjoys them.

September 23, 2014

Elmcroft of Mt Zion was fine. The rooms were okay, and they were a nice size. The people were friendly. I can't remember the activities, but I remember they showed me the room where they did the activities. I have placed my father in a personal care home, and I am not sure that I actually want to place him anywhere. But I would recommend this facility to others; It was nice. The staff member who gave us the tour was really friendly and very accommodating.

June 30, 2014

By Dorothy47

Their suites were smaller at Elmcroft at Mt. Zion. I was not able to eat there, but they do have a nice dining room with linens, tablecloths, and napkins on the table. I feel that there is really not much to do. They do have a reading room and places for the residents to sit out. They have nice garden. The whole facility is very clean and very quiet. Everybody seemed to be happy.

May 30, 2014

By David86527250

We had to wait for our turn when we had our visit at Elmcroft at Mt. Zion. There was a mix up of time. Cleanliness-wise it was OK. We went there in the evening time, so I was not able to see much activity. They showed me some of the rooms, and their rooms seemed nice. They were cheaper than the other facility that I have visited. I think they need to improve their staff because they were loud when we were went there. They didn’t expect our visit.

May 20, 2014

I have my mother in Elmcroft. She's only been there about half a month. I like the atmosphere and the people. They seem to be caring and attentive. It's immaculate. Her room is large enough for her. She has her own private bathroom, and she can lock her door. The dining area is like going out to dinner. She was very pleased with the people and how they treated her. There is a board of activities that stays full for the week, but presently my mother is in the hospital. She hasn't been able to partake in them. She's recovering, so I'm looking forward to going back there.

May 20, 2014

By Linda84542150

I don’t really have bad things to say about Elmcroft at Mt. Zion. It was a really cheery facility, and I really did like it. It had a nice atmosphere, and the staff was really friendly. It's a really, really nice place. I took a tour of the cafeteria, and it was really nice. The rooms were really, really nice. They have a lot of activities, like field trips and games.

September 13, 2012

By nick harry

From the moment you walk into the doors here you can feel the warm cozy atmosphere. The staff is well trained and is friendly. The residents seem to be happy and well cared for. There is a Memory care unit for those suffering from Dementia and Alzheimer's with compassionate caring staff. There are outings to town shopping and Arts events as well as Card Games Bridge and Poker are popular activities. The home was beautifully maintained and decorated and there were activities for the residents. The kitchenette was both beautiful and safe to use for my mother's elderly friend who stays there. Additionally, the surrounding area is great; there's a lot to do. Basically every store you would want is contained within a two mile radius of here, so it keeps the residents on their feet while at the same time providing a situation where anything is just five minutes away. There is an active calendar of events and activities, Bingo, Movies with Fresh Popcorn made in an old fashion Pop Corn Machine. There is no shortage of things to do here. The seniors are active and full of life. The grounds are gorgeous and well maintained. I can imagine warm summer nights here with fire flies lighting the dusk. Very nice facility I would place my loved one here.

Photos of Elmcroft of Mt. Zion

Features of Elmcroft of Mt. Zion

• Minimum Memory Cost: $3420/month

About Elmcroft of Mt. Zion

Residents of Elmcroft of Mt. Zion are proud of the independence they maintain and enjoy the security of 24-hour personalized assistance. While we offer a helping hand with day-to-day tasks such as dressing, bathing and medication monitoring, they are treated as the accomplished individuals they are. They enjoy the freedom of choosing their own agenda and activities, while feeling secure in knowing that we are always there to provide support should they need it.

Map of Elmcroft of Mt. Zion