St. Dominic Village

2401 A Holcombe Blvd, Houston, TX, 77021

Reviews of St. Dominic Village

Z.kinnard October 24, 2014

I would not place another family member in this facility ever again. The unit manager transferred my mother to bed and dropped her. My mother was never changed in a 12 he period I came to visit at 4pm to find my mother sitting in a puddle of urine. Employees are not drug tested and talk about drug on the work place. The nurses don't care about the patients. This is. Horrible place

dcuellar February 28, 2013

Mother and mother-in-law were at this facility three months and two months respectivley in 2012. Myself and husband visited most every day and found that staff said our mothers were bathed on days that we know was not true. Weekend staff failed to administer medications as prescribed. RN on staff one evening was totally unresponsive to one of our concerns and avoided discussion by going into a resident room and shutting the door. Husband and I filed separate complaints with the THHSC and Medicare. Not a well run facility and blatant coverups of mismanagement. We moved both mothers out to other facilities.

Reviewer1 July 02, 2011

St. Dominic Village has been around for quite awhile, and the facility is largely run through the Archdiocese of Houston.

They are located smack-dab in the middle of the medical center in Houston, where there are a lot of good hospitals, so that's a great location.

The facility itself offers a lot of programs and services to residents.

One staff member that I talked to said they provide 24-hour care, including nursing.

They set up seasonal holiday parties for the residents, and they have fitness workshops for the residents. They also host a lot of different cultural activities.

They provide three meals and nutritious snacks throughout the day. I didn't taste the food, but it looked well-prepared. The snacks are generally something like fruit salad.

The grounds are well-kept, and there's great access for parking. They're also located on a bus line.

They're a fairly expensive facility "“ it starts somewhere around $2000/month, and goes to about $5000/month.

The residents have nice sized rooms "“ probably 12 by 12.

About St. Dominic Village

St. Dominic Village is an assisted living facility in Houston, TX that offers residents independent living options and daily support services. Contact St. Dominic Village for more details on housing, services, and rates.

Location of St. Dominic Village