The Oaks, A Merrill Gardens Community

Top Nearby Assisted Living Facilities

Reviews of The Oaks, A Merrill Gardens Community

February 01, 2017

By Jodee680126

The Oaks is a lovely place; my mother-in-law said it's like a resort hotel. The staff was super friendly and helpful in getting my father a lot of medical referral. The care for him isn’t just physical; it's emotional, too. They’ve helped him with the death of my mother-in-law. It’s been really good. The dining area is very clean; he can eat whatever he wants and with good variety.
Thank you so much for sharing this feedback for you, your mother-in-law and father. We are so pleased to hear this and we look forward to continuing to support your family.

January 10, 2017

By Sharon845316

The Oaks, a Merrill Gardens Community is the one we went to for my brother-in-law. It's lovely, and the people there are very friendly. Everything is very lovely. The staff was very informative. The people were playing cards and reading. This place was excellent.
We are so glad to hear that The Oaks has been a good option for your brother-in-law. Our team works hard to provide a friendly and engaging environment.

November 24, 2016

By RC827862

The Oaks was very nice and had everything that you would want, so your loved ones won’t have to leave the community. They have people from different religions that come in and talk to the residents, music, and some things where people come in and play the piano, and choirs coming in. I really liked the Oaks, but it wasn't sensible for my budget.
Thank you for giving us this feedback for The Oaks. We offer a great lifestyle program with many different activities for residents to enjoy. We hope that you find a senior living community that fits your needs, and please let us know if we can offer any further assistance!

October 13, 2016

By Jenni827746

We went to The Oaks, and I thought it was great. There wasn’t a lot of outdoor grounds, so that would be an area they can improve on. The inside was very nice and new; I would recommend that. The dining area was very nice. I tried the food, and it was very good.
We are glad to hear that you tried the food and enjoyed it! That is great to hear. For the outdoor grounds, we would like to hear your ideas that you think could enhance our community. Please contact us and we would love to have you back for another visit.

October 11, 2016

By Ellen188014

My husband has already moved into The Oaks (The Oaks, A Merrill Gardens Community). It’s wonderful. They have the best staff. They take really good care of the people. Part of it is memory care, and the other part is assisted living. I love it. The food is wonderful. The facility is absolutely beautiful. It is only about a year old. They have all kinds of activities for the residents. I just love it. He likes it. I like the care they get. The staff knows everybody by name. It’s good. He has been there for three weeks now.
Thank you so much for sharing your experience. We are glad to hear that you are happy with The Oaks, and that your husband is taken care of. Please let us know if there is anything additional we can do!

September 30, 2016

By Pam632231

The Oaks, A Merrill Gardens Community is a great place, and we ended up placing my dad there. The rooms are very clean and they all have a nice view. They are easily accessible -- not too big but not too small. There are lots of activities. The staff at the dining area is great, and the food is very good. They have a very nice, large, spacious living room, and they've got lots of little gathering places. It feels very homey, and the decor is very nice. The staff is excellent, and everything is great. The parking is good. They have large rooms if you want to have a family gathering there, and they have a nice setup for that.
Thanks for telling us about your positive experience at The Oaks! We are so glad that your dad moved in with us. We will share this great feedback with our team.

August 18, 2016

By Sharon871355

I would highly rate The Oaks. The place was very, very nice, but it would be overwhelming for our father since it’s a large place. The apartments were a little small to me. The food choices were very good. They had lots of activities to keep their seniors active and a movie theater.
We are glad to hear about your visit to The Oaks. Thank you for taking the time to provide us with this feedback. Please let us know if we can offer further assistance as you research options for your father.

August 17, 2016

By Bill568328

I liked The Oaks' rooms and layout. There was enough room for a bed and had a shower and bath. It was roomy. I also liked that there was a lot going on. There was personnel in the lobby playing piano. I liked the interaction between the staff and the residents. I was not able to eat there, but their dining area nd food looked good. I would highly rate them.
We are so happy to hear about your positive experience with The Oaks. Our community is very active and we enjoy providing a great environment for residents. Please come back soon to try the food!

August 17, 2016

By David064781

We liked The Oaks a lot and thought it would be great for my mom. The staff who assisted us was very good and knowledgeable. The dining area looked fine, and the place was nice and clean.
The Oaks would love to welcome your mom to our community! Please let us know if we can offer further assistance as you research senior living options.

July 29, 2016

By Kathleen308282

The Oaks is a beautiful place, well staffed, and the people are pleasant. Their rooms are nice and clean. You can also eat anytime all day. The residents looked like they were not confined and able to move around the place.
Thank you for writing this positive review for The Oaks. We are very proud of our community and everything it offers for residents.

July 11, 2016

By Jean267522

My mother chose The Oaks, A Merrill Gardens Community. It’s lovely, and the price is good. The studio is small, but the activities, the brightness, and the staff seem excellent. The staff is lovely, very professional, and caring. The food is excellent; they have a full menu. The dining area is lovely and open some time in the morning until 6 or 7 at night, and they serve breakfast all day.
We are so happy to hear that your mother chose The Oaks and that the experience has been positive. Our team works very hard to provide a great community environment for residents so this is great feedback to hear.

June 28, 2016

By Harry301777

The Oaks is very nice and beautiful. It was a very nice facility. Everything was top shelf. The people I talked to seemed to be very attentive to the residents and everything is state-of-the-art. I'd like to go there myself. The dining area was very nice and had tablecloths and nice comfortable chairs. It was large, clean, and had nice menus. They had a lot of activities.
We are so pleased to hear this positive feedback for The Oaks. Our team takes great pride in providing a quality environment for residents.

June 17, 2016

By Gail821331

I chose the Oaks for my friend, and it’s wonderful. I liked that it’s halfway between her boys and me. They have a salon inside the memory care, and the physicians go there, so she doesn’t need to go anywhere. It has two dining areas, the rooms are a good size, and there's a full-sized bed, a nightstand, and a chair. They come by and check on her all the time. They have a TV room where they all go sit, she can eat anytime she wants, and they have a little water fountain. She likes that. They were very nice and really impressed me.
We are so glad that you are happy with choosing The Oaks for your friend. It is wonderful to hear that she is doing well in her new home. Please let us know if there is anything additional that we can offer.

May 11, 2016

By Tamara E.YVMXD

The Oaks, a Merrill Gardens Community, is new and really pretty inside. I like that the location is near a hospital. The staff is great. The dining area and the bedrooms are very nice. Everything in this place is beautiful. The food is great, too. They have exercise and art classes, outings, and many other activities.

March 31, 2016

By Dan S.

The Oaks (a Merrill Gardens community) was really impressive. It was very nice, very clean, and very well-staffed. There wasn’t anything bad about it at all. I wouldn’t mind staying there. It was really well equipped and had its act together. I had my dad with me at that time, and he liked it. It had independent living and assisted living. The staff toured us around; it had a little gym, restaurant-style dining, an ice cream bar, a coffee bar with Internet, and a mini-theater that seated 25 people. It was really impressive. When we sat down with the staff, he told us everything in 20 minutes and there was nothing to ask.

Thank you so much for providing us with this detailed feedback. We are happy to hear that you and your dad enjoyed your visit to The Oaks. Please don't hesitate to contact us with any additional questions.

December 31, 2015

By Anonymous Visitor2

I’m putting my brother in The Oaks. It’s brand new and when you walk in, it feels like home. It’s spacious; if you get a 1-bedroom or a studio, the rooms are a nice size. They have 2 dining rooms; just very good. The people are welcoming. They have individual care plans for every single person. They allow the people out of the memory care areas to go into the other areas with an escort quite regularly. They have a theater as well.

We are so pleased to receive this feedback! Thank you for taking the time to share your experience with us. We look forward to providing a great environment for your brother at The Oaks.

December 26, 2015

By Susan114458550

We’ve been extremely pleased with The Oaks, A Merrill Gardens Community. The staff are very friendly, and they go out of their way to help the residents and their families. They are very informative, very honest. They keep you updated on everything that’s going on. They have a lot of activities that could involve any personality. It’s also close to my home, so it’s very convenient for me. The food has been very good; my mom is pleased with it also. You can have breakfast 24/7 if you want it.

We are so happy to hear that you are pleased with your experience with The Oaks, A Merrill Gardens Community. Our team members strive to provide a great environment for residents and we are glad that your mom is enjoying it.

October 27, 2015

By San Antonio

A diamond in the rough! My dad moved in 60 days ago and my dad's level of care is out of this world. They take him on trips and is just well cared for. You can't do any better for your loved one.

We are so happy to hear about your experience with The Oaks and that you are pleased with the care your dad is receiving. Thank you for taking your time to write us this review, and don't hesitate to reach out with any questions in the future.

September 16, 2015

By michl

The Oaks was pretty new. It was really nice. The independent living was large, so they had a big beautiful cafeteria, but it was not totally separate from the assisted living and the memory care. Somehow, it was more opened up, so there could be some movement back and forth between the areas. The residents were not just stuck in one hallway, which was nice. The rooms of the assisted living were a nice size. The layout was good. It was a beautiful place.

Thank you so much for your review! We are happy to hear that you enjoyed The Oaks and the layout of the community. Please don't hesitate to contact us with any questions or additional feedback.

Photos of The Oaks, A Merrill Gardens Community

• Staff Patient Ratio: 1 To 10

• Licenses: Directed Care
  • State Licenses: AL10081C

About The Oaks, A Merrill Gardens Community

At Merrill Gardens, our residents are our number one priority. That's why we go above and beyond in all we do – to keep you or your loved ones living the best life possible. We know you have many choices in senior living, but we know once you visit Merrill Gardens, the choice is clear. From an array of care levels to suit any lifestyle, communities with a wide variety of features and amenities and so much more, we know you will be living the good life at Merrill Gardens.

Map of The Oaks, A Merrill Gardens Community