The Oaks, A Merrill Gardens Community

3675 South Rome St., Gilbert, AZ, 85297

Reviews of The Oaks, A Merrill Gardens Community

Bill568328 August 17, 2016

I liked The Oaks' rooms and layout. There was enough room for a bed and had a shower and bath. It was roomy. I also liked that there was a lot going on. There was personnel in the lobby playing piano. I liked the interaction between the staff and the residents. I was not able to eat there, but their dining area nd food looked good. I would highly rate them.

We are so happy to hear about your positive experience with The Oaks. Our community is very active and we enjoy providing a great environment for residents. Please come back soon to try the food!

David064781 August 17, 2016

We liked The Oaks a lot and thought it would be great for my mom. The staff who assisted us was very good and knowledgeable. The dining area looked fine, and the place was nice and clean.

The Oaks would love to welcome your mom to our community! Please let us know if we can offer further assistance as you research senior living options.

Kathleen308282 July 29, 2016

The Oaks is a beautiful place, well staffed, and the people are pleasant. Their rooms are nice and clean. You can also eat anytime all day. The residents looked like they were not confined and able to move around the place.

Thank you for writing this positive review for The Oaks. We are very proud of our community and everything it offers for residents.

Jean267522 July 11, 2016

My mother chose The Oaks, A Merrill Gardens Community. It’s lovely, and the price is good. The studio is small, but the activities, the brightness, and the staff seem excellent. The staff is lovely, very professional, and caring. The food is excellent; they have a full menu. The dining area is lovely and open some time in the morning until 6 or 7 at night, and they serve breakfast all day.

We are so happy to hear that your mother chose The Oaks and that the experience has been positive. Our team works very hard to provide a great community environment for residents so this is great feedback to hear.

Harry301777 June 28, 2016

The Oaks is very nice and beautiful. It was a very nice facility. Everything was top shelf. The people I talked to seemed to be very attentive to the residents and everything is state-of-the-art. I'd like to go there myself. The dining area was very nice and had tablecloths and nice comfortable chairs. It was large, clean, and had nice menus. They had a lot of activities.

We are so pleased to hear this positive feedback for The Oaks. Our team takes great pride in providing a quality environment for residents.

Gail821331 June 17, 2016

I chose the Oaks for my friend, and it’s wonderful. I liked that it’s halfway between her boys and me. They have a salon inside the memory care, and the physicians go there, so she doesn’t need to go anywhere. It has two dining areas, the rooms are a good size, and there's a full-sized bed, a nightstand, and a chair. They come by and check on her all the time. They have a TV room where they all go sit, she can eat anytime she wants, and they have a little water fountain. She likes that. They were very nice and really impressed me.

We are so glad that you are happy with choosing The Oaks for your friend. It is wonderful to hear that she is doing well in her new home. Please let us know if there is anything additional that we can offer.

Tamara E.YVMXD May 11, 2016

The Oaks, a Merrill Gardens Community, is new and really pretty inside. I like that the location is near a hospital. The staff is great. The dining area and the bedrooms are very nice. Everything in this place is beautiful. The food is great, too. They have exercise and art classes, outings, and many other activities.

Dan S. March 31, 2016

The Oaks (a Merrill Gardens community) was really impressive. It was very nice, very clean, and very well-staffed. There wasn’t anything bad about it at all. I wouldn’t mind staying there. It was really well equipped and had its act together. I had my dad with me at that time, and he liked it. It had independent living and assisted living. The staff toured us around; it had a little gym, restaurant-style dining, an ice cream bar, a coffee bar with Internet, and a mini-theater that seated 25 people. It was really impressive. When we sat down with the staff, he told us everything in 20 minutes and there was nothing to ask.

Thank you so much for providing us with this detailed feedback. We are happy to hear that you and your dad enjoyed your visit to The Oaks. Please don't hesitate to contact us with any additional questions.

Anonymous Visitor2 December 31, 2015

I’m putting my brother in The Oaks. It’s brand new and when you walk in, it feels like home. It’s spacious; if you get a 1-bedroom or a studio, the rooms are a nice size. They have 2 dining rooms; just very good.

The people are welcoming. They have individual care plans for every single person. They allow the people out of the memory care areas to go into the other areas with an escort quite regularly. They have a theater as well.

We are so pleased to receive this feedback! Thank you for taking the time to share your experience with us. We look forward to providing a great environment for your brother at The Oaks.

Susan114458550 December 26, 2015

We’ve been extremely pleased with The Oaks, A Merrill Gardens Community. The staff are very friendly, and they go out of their way to help the residents and their families. They are very informative, very honest. They keep you updated on everything that’s going on. They have a lot of activities that could involve any personality. It’s also close to my home, so it’s very convenient for me. The food has been very good; my mom is pleased with it also. You can have breakfast 24/7 if you want it.

We are so happy to hear that you are pleased with your experience with The Oaks, A Merrill Gardens Community. Our team members strive to provide a great environment for residents and we are glad that your mom is enjoying it.

San Antonio October 27, 2015

A diamond in the rough!

My dad moved in 60 days ago and my dad's level of care is out of this world. They take him on trips and is just well cared for.

You can't do any better for your loved one.

We are so happy to hear about your experience with The Oaks and that you are pleased with the care your dad is receiving. Thank you for taking your time to write us this review, and don't hesitate to reach out with any questions in the future.

michl September 16, 2015

The Oaks was pretty new. It was really nice. The independent living was large, so they had a big beautiful cafeteria, but it was not totally separate from the assisted living and the memory care. Somehow, it was more opened up, so there could be some movement back and forth between the areas. The residents were not just stuck in one hallway, which was nice. The rooms of the assisted living were a nice size. The layout was good. It was a beautiful place.

Thank you so much for your review! We are happy to hear that you enjoyed The Oaks and the layout of the community. Please don't hesitate to contact us with any questions or additional feedback.

From The Oaks, A Merrill Gardens Community

At Merrill Gardens, our residents are our number one priority. That's why we go above and beyond in all we do – to keep you or your loved ones living the best life possible. We know you have many choices in senior living, but we know once you visit Merrill Gardens, the choice is clear. From an array of care levels to suit any lifestyle, communities with a wide variety of features and amenities and so much more, we know you will be living the good life at Merrill Gardens.

Lobby cafe. Outdoor space. Comfortable living rooms & social meeting areas. Nearby parks. Close to shopping & restuarants in nearby open-air mall. Landscaped grounds. Walking paths. Private apartments.

Features of The Oaks, A Merrill Gardens Community

• Technology extra: Emergency Call System
  • Wi-fi in residents' rooms and shared areas

• Pharmacy
  • Physical therapy
  • Hospice care

• Companion suites: We do not offer companion suites

• Golf
  • Hiking trails
  • Coffee shop
  • Shared space where residents can host parties
  • Features extra: Library, Fitness room/Gym

• Meals delivered to residents' rooms

• Arts, woodworking, craft
  • Religious services
  • Book clubs
  • Wii sports competition
  • Tai chi

• Private services

• We charge an entry fee
  • Monthly rent is all inclusive
  • Fee structure extra: We offer a month-to-month rental
  • Minimum memory care rate: $3,250/month

• Staff patient ratio: 1 to 10
  • Minimum age: 62

• Licenses: Directed Care
  • State License(s): AL10081C

• We help with selling the house (finding a realtor. staging, etc)
  • We help families understand VA benefits
  • We help families explore other financial options to afford senior living
  • We offer financial aid