Oakmont of Fresno

5605 N. Gates Ave., Fresno, CA, 93722

Reviews of Oakmont of Fresno

April 07, 2016

By Kathy123362950

Oakmont was very nice and had beautiful facilities, dining area, and rooms. The staff was very knowledgeable.

March 27, 2016

By Ellen121720250

My relative moved into Oakmont of Fresno and has been there over a month. She likes it. It’s in a location that’s good for all of our family. It’s a five-star place. We dine with her often, and it’s very good. I don’t know of everything that she does, but she says the people there are very nice and that she’s happy. It’s in the best location, it was new, and everything was clean and smelled good. They’re awesome.

February 26, 2016

By gunnergirl

My mother was a resident at Oakmont, she was a nurse and a nurse educator in her working days, and with that being said, she was very happy with the entire staff at Oakmont. I felt the staff had my moms best interests and wellness at all times. Thank you Oakmont for making our mom's passing such a loving, caring, and blessed life moment. The family and I are truly greatful. Thank you

January 13, 2016

By Irene31

Oakmont is a gorgeous, very upscale place with a wonderful atmosphere. Everything in it was new. The food was fabulous. They had a library and movie theatre. The people were very well dressed and stylish.

January 01, 2016

By Brian care

Oakmont of Fresno is truly a beautiful building. I had the pleasure of taking a tour and found that the staff was both knowledgeable and warm. During the tour I noticed that the current residents were engaged in fun activities. Oakmont is a true five star community.

By Eddie Sillarz

The whole place is great, inside and out. The food is great. The chef and cook are good. The help is wonderful too!

Thank you for the great review, Eddie. We appreciate you sharing your comments with us and we enjoy every minute of having you as our resident. You help make Oakmont a great place to live! Warm Regards, Kevin J Spoor, Executive Director.

By Mona Duarte Spate

My mother, Louise moved in last month. She is 95 years old. My siblings and I are so pleased with the atmosphere and excellent care at Oakmont. We stayed with mom all week. During our stay, we met the caregivers who were attentive and kind. Also, the food is superb! We are so blessed to be able to to leave our mother in good hands. God Bless all of you at Oakmont!

Thank you, Mona, for your positive comments! At Oakmont, we strive to offer the best in senior living and love to hear great reviews from family members. We are lucky to have you, Louise and your siblings as part of our extended family. Warm Regards, Kevin J Spoor, Executive Director

By Mr. Don

Excellent medical staff! I receive blood sugar tests three times a day and insulin for four times a day. The chef is aware of the residents’ medical conditions. The activity director provides interesting and helpful activities for the residents.

We appreciate you taking the time to share your experience with our community. Diabetes can be stressful to manage on your own and we are so happy we can be there to help. Warm Regards, Kevin J Spoor, Executive Director

By Mary Goto

Oakmont provides a great service!!!

August 22, 2015

By Happy Sister

My brother is one of the younger residents (65 years old) at Oakmont of Fresno. Almost two years ago he was critically injured in an accident and has been unable to live independently. He has been through a very extensive rehabilitation program and has transitioned from 5 months in the hospital to other care facilities before coming to Oakmont. Each change has been difficult for him to adjust to especially since he realizes that he will never be able to live on his own again. Oakmont has been such a blessing for him and our entire family. He was welcomed as one of the first residents and has been treated with complete respect and kindness. He has adjusted quickly to his new surroundings and has been given so much attention. We are a very close family and have been so pleased to know that he is in a safe place where his needs are being met beyond our expectations. Oakmont has definitely met my brother's needs. He is very fortunate to be alive and living at such a wonderful facility. Also one last thing..... the food is amazing! We had family in town a few months ago and took a group of them to Oakmont for dinner. The family is still talking about how they were treated and the delicious meal they had.

June 30, 2015

By Rhiannon1

Oakmont Senior Living is a very clean facility, and everybody is very friendly. They seemed like they are kept up very well. It's a nice facility. From what I saw, I was impressed with the place. With the rooms, they give you enough space. Some rooms have little kitchen areas. They have a recreation director that I was able to speak with, and they do lots of fun things with them on a daily basis. They all do their ADL's accordingly. They are charted on every two hours. I thought it was a very nice facility.

June 29, 2015

The atmosphere of Oakmont did not seem sunny, warm, or inviting. It’s new and not many people moved in yet. The food was good. The sales people were very friendly.

We appreciate the feedback on your visit. It is true that at the time of your tour of our Traditions Memory Care there were less than ten residents. We had just recently opened but are now approaching capacity so the atmosphere in Traditions is quite lively. We have dedicated, full time Activity Directors in both Traditions and Assisted Living who keep our residents very engaged throughout the day. We encourage you to stop back in .

One of the features we are most proud of at Oakmont is our abundance of natural lighting. We are designed with extra-large windows in our homes and common areas. Innovative Folding Glass Walls give the luxury of wide open space in our dining rooms. As winter approaches our residents will enjoy the warmth of our five fireplaces making our common areas really feel like home.

June 04, 2015

All of the staff have made my parents feel like they are part of a big family. The attention to details in my opinion has prolonged my mother's life.

May 12, 2015

By Edward23

I think Oakmont of Fresno is beautifully designed. I think it has exactly what my mom needs, and the people are well trained to deal with assisted living cases. I am very happy. The grounds are great. She used to walk 4 miles a day, and they have a walking path which is perfect. The activities are really good, and they are even getting better. They are very busy and culturally diverse. Not every single activity applies to her, but there are many things that she is very happy with. They have live music at least 2 days a week, and she enjoys the classic movies. They have a full movie theater, and then she and her new friend get to pick out the movies they are going to watch. They are also having a mother-daughter tea on Saturday which she is really looking forward to for mother’s day. It is brand new and very clean. Their studio apartment is very clean, very nice, and well-laid out.

May 08, 2015

By Andrea24

I went to Oakmont. It was very nice, very fancy, and beautiful. I only spoke with one person who gave me a tour, and he was very nice. It was brand new. They had an aviary, a park setting at the back, a movie theater, and things for people to do.

April 27, 2015

By Susan104957950

Oakmont was very nice, and the staff was exceptionally friendly. I like the staff and their philosophy there. They’re very caring and seemed to have a lot of respect for their residents. They had quite a list of activities. They had computer classes and exercise classes. They had an area for cooking and an area where they do lots of interaction and demonstration. The rooms were very nice and very roomy. They felt more like a residence and less like a hotel room. It is on the top of my list; it is the one I liked the best of the ones that I visited. I was very impressed.

April 03, 2015

By Shianne

Oakmont was the one I liked best. I like the staff, the facility was brand new and modern, and the apartments were large. The food was excellent, and the activities calendar was full. They have everything from gardening, exercise, games, movies, and classes. They also have a service salon, day spa, movie theater, and projection screen. There was a wide variety of food choices and restrictions for diabetes and other diets. The grounds were gorgeous and absolutely breathtaking with more gardening areas than any other facility in town. They have outdoor dining -- that’s something that is uncommon in the area -- beautiful water features, shade, comfortable sitting areas, and beautiful flowers. It’s located near shopping area, there's a park right up the street, and it’s close to freeways, with easy access to anything you really want to do in town. West and Alicia are two people that I have been working with and helping my grandparents find the care they need. They are absolutely amazing.

Photos of Oakmont of Fresno

Features of Oakmont of Fresno

• Minimum Memory Cost: $3495/month
  • Fee Structure Extra: We Offer A Month To Month Rental

• Housing Extra: Open One Bedroom Apartments

• Dining Extra: Outdoor Dining Available

• Coffee Shop
  • Features Extra: Library, Fitness Room/Gym, Fenced Pet Park, Full Movie Theater

• Tai Chi
  • Activities Extra: Computer Class, Bible Study, Live Entertainment

• Home Sale Assistance

• Pets: All Pets Allowed

• Licenses: Residential Care for the Elderly
  • State Licenses: 107206882

About Oakmont of Fresno

Oakmont of Fresno is a family owned and operated community newly opened in March 2015. Features include industry renowned dining, and endless on-site amenities. If an active lifestyle is what you desire, you’ll feel at home at Oakmont where friends and neighbors enjoy our day spa, private movie theater, resident gardens, and impeccably landscaped grounds including a fenced Pet Park. If you ever need additional care we offer assisted living and our Traditions memory care services on the same campus. The entire community is licensed for care so with few exceptions, there is no need to move if assistance is needed in the future. Experience for yourself what makes this extraordinary senior living community one where life keeps getting better and better by touring today.

Our amenities include all Utilities (Except Telephone), weekly housekeeping, Linen service, basic Cable Television, WiFi, anytime Indoor and Outdoor Restaurant-style Dining, 24 hour Bistro, Library, Private Family Dining Rooms, Movie Theatre, Fitness Center, Activity Room, Salon and Day Spa, Resident Gardens and Walking Paths, and even a fenced Pet Park. Scheduled transportation for shopping and medical appointments, personal chauffeur service and valet parking for residents are included. Some activities include Walking Club, Yoga, Strength and Stretch, Group Scrabble, Poetry Classes, Variety of Art Classes, Community Involvement and Volunteering Opportunities, Singing and Musical Performances, Happy Hours, Offsite Excursions to Art Galleries and Museums, Attending the Symphony, Knitting Club, Book Club, Card Clubs, Themed Parties and much more!

Residents and families have the peace of mind knowing Oakmont of Fresno offers a wellness center and full-time nurses to assist with all of your daily living needs. Offering the best care available and staff who become like family, our care keeps you safe and comfortable in your own home. When needed, our caregivers can provide assistance with Bathing, Dressing, Grooming / Personal Hygiene, Diabetic Care, Special Diets, Medication Management, Oxygen Management, Management of Incontinence, Transferring / Assistance with Ambulation, Escorts to Meals, Escorts to Activities, and Escorts to Appointments, Hospice. We also have On-Site Nurses for Monitoring Health Needs and Regular Assessments. Care services are additional on a fee for service basis. A complimentary on-site assessment will be scheduled with our caring staff to determine an estimate of care fees.

The Oakmont Diabetes Wellness program provides comprehensive diabetic management and lifestyle support to help residents manage glucose levels and optimize health. Our fulltime, 7 day a week licensed nursing staff with specialized diabetes training provide insulin administration including sliding scale dosing. They also provide routine monitoring and communication with residents’ physician.

We offer a Concierge Medicine Program and have partnered with highly respected local physicians to bring personalized medical care to our residents. Residents have the convenience of appointments on-site as well as 24/7 access to the Concierge physician.

Located in a beautiful residential neighborhood close to shopping, parks and restaurants. Complimentary scheduled transportation for medical appointments and all major medical services are nearby. Walking paths on premises as well as a fenced Pet Park. Onsite orchard and raised bed garden boxes for residents use.

Map of Oakmont of Fresno