Landings of Genesee Valley

4444 West Court Street, Flint, MI, 48532

Reviews of Landings of Genesee Valley

Caring108538050 June 21, 2015

Homewood Village Genessee Valley was a beautiful community. They definitely cater for the elderly. The staff was very warm. The size of the rooms depended on what you were looking for, and it was just right for what we were looking for. It was a one-room with a bathroom. The dining room was nice. They served on China plate and glass. They do not serve on paper or anything like that. I know they do bingo once in a while. They went to the casino once a month.

Anonymous107030150 May 17, 2015

Homewood Village has a great location. They also have great staff that is very helpful, warm, and welcoming. It is close to home, and they have plenty of activities. There is a casino trip that my mom is going on in a week. It is a good fit for us.

Caring99358050 December 27, 2014

What I like best about Homewood Village is that they have a better staff-to-resident ratio than some other places. Also most of the staff is friendly. They have water for the residents all the time. They have scheduled things that they do everyday to try to keep them engaged.

Sharon97282450 December 07, 2014

I think Homewood Village was in proximity to all of us daughters that we could all visit. It was kind of in the center of all of us so we could all visit her. But pretty much, the services sucks; it’s not been a good experience so far. I have written to them and talked to them, and nothing is changing so we don’t have to move her again, but she is not getting good care there. They don’t have help, and I think that’s the main problem: they just don’t have enough help. It’s hard to get help for her, and it’s just not been good so far. She is not happy there.

My youngest sister has the power of attorney, so she is the one that they should call first if they have a problem, and then I am on the second line as far as I know. She has not had any emergency since she has been there; it’s just the fact that things are not getting done that we have to keep communicating for them. She tells them we have gone back and talked to them and if things are going to change or get better or be done better, and then a week or two later she said nothing has changed, nothing is better. I talk to them, and my sister talks to them. We just feel like we’re not getting anywhere as far as care. They run out of meds, it’s two or three days before they get it in, and that’s the type of thing I don’t think there’s an excuse for. They know how many they have, how many she takes, and they should be ordered so that she never runs out because she has a lot of chronic pain.

The place was clean and neat. They have activities for the people if they wanted to participate, so I think that’s good. We have a hard time getting her to participate, but they do offer things to try and keep her busy and not be in the room all the time.

We appreciate you sharing your concerns with us. Please be assured that the safety and well-being of our residents is our first priority and we share their concerns as well as the concerns of their families and friends. We would welcome an opportunity to discuss it with you personally and hope you will call us at 877-400-5296.

Caring71104550 July 22, 2014

My mother is in Homewood Village. They had a couple of openings, and that's where I put her. The rooms are kind of small. The housekeeping skills, since my mother has been there in the last 4 years, they're a 7 at best. The staff has huge turnover. There have been several directors and their associates, which makes it very difficult for the residents to have continuity. The turnover makes things very complicated because then you have to start from scratch to get them acquainted with your mother and with the residents' peculiarities. The meat seems to be the ongoing complaint of all the residents. People get tired of chicken all the time. The nursing staff has been very good when I have had needs that I have to address. The nursing care is good. They charge so much, like last year, it went up by $180 a month. I think that their increases are ridiculously high. Other than that, my mother wants to stay there. She is autonomous as she can be in her own room. They have those little medical alert things, which is great. I like that she pushes the button and someone can be there because she's had a number of falls and her health is declining. Overall, my mom is happy at Homewood.

Caring86886450 June 28, 2014

Homewood Village Genesee Valley has motel-sized rooms with a bathroom and a closet with zero furniture. The staff is great and very helpful. They seem nice, and my mother is happy with them. The most trouble she has had with anything there was she doesn't like the food very well. I tasted it, and it was fine, but it seems all of the residents were complaining about the new cook and stuff, so everything has changed since she first got there. She probably needs more exercise than a bicycle type contraption or something, but they do not offer that there. She likes it first off. It's comfortable. It is in an area where her friends can come to see her, and that is where she wants to stay.

Ellen22 February 28, 2014

We have found Homewood Village Genesee Valley for my mother's friend. It was based on the recommendation from Caring.com. We moved him in there like a week later. He has been there since late September. They have two assisted living buildings and two memory care buildings there. My mother chose it because she liked the feeling she got when she went in the building. She felt like the people looked content and happy. She also liked the person who gave us the tour. She just was very satisfied with this place. If she's happy, I'm happy. She's the POA for this patient. With regards to food, I think my mother's friend is satisfied with the food. For accommodations, all the residents in Homewood have a private room. His room is fine. It is very comfortable. He has a bed, a recliner, and an arm chair, a little table, a dresser and there's TV. He has plenty of room in there. For activities, there have been some everyday things like making snacks, movies, exercise classes, etc. They also have done some very nice things for Veterans Day. They took all the World War II veterans out to the National Cemetery for ceremony honoring World War II veterans, which he really enjoyed. He really liked that. They also took him to an apple orchard one day too. As far as recommending them, I already have recommended Homewood to others.

Joe28 February 28, 2014

We were able to place dad at Homewood Village because they had an opening right away. The place is really nice and their rooms are roomy. The staff were really nice and they seem to take good care of dad although they are quite pricey. We have no complaints while he was still there. He was there for about a month and a half. My mom and my sister told me that they have good food. They have movie nights and they also play games like bingo.

Betty39 December 30, 2013

I lived almost a month in one of Brookdale's building called Homewood and it was very nice too. It was not far from the mall and they had transportation to doctor's appointment and any place you wanted to go. They did not have apartment, but they had good size bedrooms. There were activities. The food was good. It was a nice place to live and it was well kept. They had good staff. I could recommend it because it was a nice place.

Rey19 September 28, 2013

Homewood Village is on the other side of the city from where I live. The people were very kind and the registered nurse who spent a bit more time with me was very kind and very professional. I have nothing but high praise for that individual.

tj4 August 13, 2013

Staff was very welcoming and shared information when I was first looking at the facility. What impressed me about this facility was the how it was decorated and gave the warm feeling of an apartment building and did not smell like old people. Most of the people I meet seemed happy. The staff are friendly and always acknowledging me when I stop by to visit my father.

My father has some complaints, (he is not happy) as this is not where he wanted but needs to be, but staff has worked with him and myself to help take care of these issues knowing this. My father has been living here for about an month and half; and overall its good which helps relieve my frustration of having to put him in an assisted living facility.

Kimberly3 May 29, 2013

I really like the staff at Homewood Village Genesee Valley. They were very open and friendly. They seemed to be very well involved with the clientele. Everything was very family oriented which I liked. The setup was open so it didn't feel like you were in a residential assisted living facility. Price-wise they were very reasonable.

KimberlyE1 December 26, 2012

My mom's only been in Homewood Village for three weeks. Everybody is very courteous, definitely taking care of her, and beyond hospitable. The downside for my mom is the rooms are like hotel rooms. It's not exactly what she wanted because of course she wanted to live in an apartment. But the accommodation there doesn't look like an institution. It's good for her and for the situation she's in. The food is not terrible. There are good days and bad days. My mom seems to be happy.

Mrsfitzme August 19, 2012

After researching Homewood and reading the reviews here, we moved Mom in. Two weeks later, we had to leave due to the complete lack of care, dignity and respect Mom endured. In those 2 weeks, it took 5 days to get her medications right, several days she didn't receive them at all. I was given full access to the medication cart on 2 separate occasions, non-medical personnel checking in medications, meals (times and quality) were not consistent...most disturbing of all is the overall lack of compassion for residents, from the executive director to the kitchen staff, residents aren't greeted or acknowledged. Personally witnessed public argument between med director and staff member.
Perhaps the new management by Brookdale is not working, but we experienced a far different situation than the other reviewers....would not recommend.

caring01241 July 01, 2012

My mom is has been staying at this facility for one week now. I think that Homewood is the best center that will fit my mom's need since she has Alzheimer's. They have extensive care for patients who have Alzheimer's. The representative who took us around basically answered all our questions in the way we wanted. They are very professional people and I'm positive that the service they are providing my mom will meet our expectations.

kshamrock20 June 27, 2012

I recently toured the facilities at Homewood Village Genesee Valley, which is in Flint, MI. I was impressed with the appearance of the village and of the residents. Although many of these residents were not as old or in need as I expected, many of them looked happy and content. The facilities were very clean, and the residents were walking around at their own leisure. I guess I expected things to be more rigid. I enjoyed the laid back atmosphere and the relaxing appearance of many of the residents. I think this establishment is one of the nicer places that I have visited. The staff worked hard, but you could tell that they were close with some of the residents. Overall, the mood here was very amiable. I don't know if I just caught them on a good day, but everyone seemed to be having a nice time. I would recommend this place to anyone looking for a place to stay.

amanda04231983 July 31, 2011

My great aunt stayed at this facility. The staff are kind and helpful. She enjoyed the activites that took place and would also tell me about how much she loved the food. Her room was decorated to her liking and made her feel very comfortable for her stay there. I know a lot of places where you cant decorate the room to make it more livable for your loved ones. I especially liked this. The grounds are also very nicely decorated and she loved to be outside.

WeareBrent June 24, 2011

My Grandmother is currently located at the facility, has been for a couple of years now and she seems to be doing fine at the moment. They have daily activities for the residents and meals prepared in the cafeteria that are great quality. The employees are all very helpful and make everything comfortable for the residents, and if you ask for additional care for your family member they will usually do so. My only complaint is sometimes things that are supposed to be done right away can be put on hold for quite a while, and at times they fail to check on the residents frequently. I do have to say that i love the facility and we will be sticking with them until the end of my grandmother's life.

LuciLucy June 12, 2011

Friend or relative of resident

My grandfather became a resident of this facility. I visit him at least 2 times a week, and the first thing I noticed was that the staff were very polite, caring, and did a really good job with housekeeping services. I would recommend this facility with anyone that is looking for a place to trust. They say they provide their residents with the highest level of quality, care and value. It's true. They even offer a program for people with Alzheimer's disease, which is really great, because my grandfather has recently been diagnosed with it. Don't hesitate to call them if you are looking for a local assisted living service. Thanks guys.

About Landings of Genesee Valley

Landings of Genesee Valley is an assisted living facility in Flint, MI that offers residents independent living options and daily support services. Contact Landings of Genesee Valley for more details on housing, services, and rates.

Features of Landings of Genesee Valley

• Internet in residents' rooms
  • Technology extra: Emergency Call System
  • Wi-fi in residents' rooms and shared areas

• Physical therapy
  • 24 hour nurses: Yes
  • Hospice care

• Companion suites: We offer companion suites

• Shared space where residents can host parties
  • Features extra: Library

• Meals delivered to residents' rooms

• Arts, woodworking, craft
  • Religious services
  • Book clubs
  • Wii sports competition
  • Tai chi
  • Activities extra: Computer class

• We charge an entry fee
  • Fee structure extra: We offer a month-to-month rental

• Staff patient ratio: 16 to 3
  • We offer respite care (short term stays)
  • Minimum age: 60

• Licenses: State License

• We help with selling the house (finding a realtor. staging, etc)
  • We help families understand VA benefits
  • We help families explore other financial options to afford senior living

Location of Landings of Genesee Valley