Long Island Living Center

431 Beach 20th Street, Far Rockaway, NY, 11691

Contact Now

Reviews of Long Island Living Center

Bill5 November 05, 2012

I visited Long Island Living Center because I needed an assisted living facility that takes Medicaid. It was nicer than I anticipated. There's a lot of space and the people are very nice. It almost looks like a hotel.

aunt1 September 29, 2011

When I was 20, it was a hard choice, my aunt started losing her memory and was sent to Long Island Care Center because our family were unable to watch her for 24 hours. We try to visit her daily and find her happy to see us all. The center is beautiful and my aunt seems to enjoy the library and she takes out books whenever she wants. she enjoys the activities that the facility provides. It's nice to see that she has made some friends who also enjoys some of the classes held there. She always tells me how she enjoys all the bingo games and loves when she wins them. The only negative thing is not having my aunt living with us anymore, or tell us stories during the night. Sometimes I crave to visit her during the night hours but we have to follow the facilities schedule.

From Long Island Living Center

Long Island Living Center features a magnificent lobby, beautifully furnished and comfortable lounges, and public areas that are both attractive and inviting. Here, our guests gather to chat with visitors and friends. We take great pride in our caring, talented, and professional staff. Each staff member is carefully chosen for their warmth, loyalty, and courtesy, and their commitment to making your every day a pleasurable and rewarding experience.

Long Island Living Center is enhanced by a host of fun-filled daily activities; all planned and supervised by a trained professional staff. Read a good book from our own library, read the daily newspaper, or simply enjoy your own thoughts. There are meeting rooms for lectures, discussion groups, movies and other entertainment. You may enjoy painting, bingo, arts and crafts, sewing classes, knitting and crocheting and many other interesting activities, all designed to make your life here a rich and rewarding experience. Take part in our geriatric exercises designed to improve muscle tone and general well-being.

We have a beautiful dining room with windows overlooking spacious lawns and gardens. Here, courteous waiters and waitresses serve you three delicious kosher meals daily; nutritious meals prepared by master chefs.

There is a diversified menu to choose from, and salt-free and sugar-free diets are available. All meals are prepared under the supervision of a Registered Dietitian. Our dining room staff excels in personal attention and is sensitive to everyone’s needs.

As a member of the Living Center Community, we would like you to be aware of the many services available. Our staff will be happy to assist you with any questions you may have.

MEDICAL SERVICES

A complete Medical Program includes onsite Dentistry, Ophthalmology, ENT, Podiatry, and Rehabilitation. We also have a Laboratory/X-ray, and the facility arranges all pharmacy deliveries and handles prescriptions for your convenience. (All medical providers are outside/independent professionals not employed by facility. Onsite offices are provided for the convenience of our residents)

THERAPY SERVICES

PHYSICAL THERAPY, SPEECH THERAPY, AND OCCUPATIONAL THERAPY

All of these therapy programs are available for your convenience at our facility upon the request of the physicians.

SOCIAL SERVICES

The Long Island Living Center ALP provides a wide range of services to all residents and their families. It is our intention to enhance the social and emotional well-being of each of our residents. Need to talk to someone? Our staff is here to help. The social and emotional needs of our residents are our main concern.

Long Island Living Center Assisted Living Program (ALP) offers personalized attentive care to our elderly residents, giving them a homelike atmosphere. Our home is designed to help meet the physical, emotional and social needs of our residents in a safe community environment.

We're only 45 minutes from mid-Manhattan and just 10 minutes to Kennedy airport. Long Island Living Center welcomes visitors to our luxurious and conveniently located residence. Please have your children and relatives visit you as often as they wish.

If you feel unsure as to how successfully your loved one and/or your family will weather the transition, please feel free to discuss your concerns with us. We're professionals with many years of experience. And most importantly, we care.

Features of Long Island Living Center