Brookdale Edgewood

2950 Turkeyfoot Road, Edgewood, KY, 41017

Reviews of Brookdale Edgewood

James106907350 June 01, 2015

I moved my dad to Emeritus, and he has been there for about 2 months now. It seems to be great, and he seems to be enjoying himself. He is around people his age that he can talk to. The care he is having is superb. They are keeping an eye on him. They are actually helping him clean up his room and do his laundry. I like that it seems friendly and any question that I actually have asked them, they answer them. They are willing to show me anything that I want to see.

He is in a more or less what you call a studio, but I will call it more like a single bedroom apartment. It is a large room with a small kitchenette, and he has his own refrigerator and bathroom, an area for a bed, and plenty of room for his furniture. He has a couple of chairs in there, and it is nice. They have activities planned every day, so that's good. It is giving dad something to look forward to everyday. They have 3 meals a day plus snacks or if you want coffee during the day or whatever you want. I have not heard any complaints about the food, and when I am there, he is eating the food. He seems to enjoy it.

Marysue1 April 10, 2015

Actually, we loved the Emeritus, but we did choose the other one just because of the location that was close to all of us visiting them. I loved the Emeritus; it was really the best place I've seen. I thought it was beautiful, the people were just very friendly, and I just felt like the care there would have been fantastic. We didn't eat there, but the food looked great, and the restaurant was great. We also met the chef.

Kathy104551750 April 07, 2015

I came across Emeritus on the Internet, and I visited it. It was nice. The rooms were like little apartments. I didn’t get a homey feel. The dining room was restaurant style. They have exercise, and they had outings where they take people in a bus to outings or doctors. They had a salon where they can get their hair done. They have crafts and Bingo. The place is safe; they had security alarms in the back. If they can have more workout facilities or equipment and some water activity, that would be nice.

Thank you for taking the time to visit and share your thoughts. By giving us your feedback, you are helping us to understand what we do well and what we need to focus on improving. Please be assured your feedback will be reviewed and used to help better serve our residents and their families.

Caring101637050 January 17, 2015

The level of nursing care is the reason I picked Emeritus at Edgewood. For the most part, they have met my expectations. They seem to be short on staff though. There are just too many residents that require hands on care. Mom has been left waiting several times just to get to meals. She does participate in a few of the activities like bingo. She also enjoys people coming in to sing in the evening. For me the food is fine, but she is tired of the same meals. I think they can request for a special meal, but it is still limited.

Thank you for taking the time to share your thoughts. By giving us your feedback, you are helping us to understand what we do well and what we need to focus on improving. We would welcome an opportunity to discuss with you personally and hope you will call us at 877-400-5296.

Lorraine28 December 05, 2014

I went to Emeritus at Edgewood. It was very nice, but they had an apartment type dwelling. The staff was wonderful though. They were lovely. They were very informative and very nice.

Caring100464050 October 17, 2014

We toured a lot of facilities and Emeritus at Edgewood is one of them. It looked clean, and it was in a good location. The people were friendly, but we did not chose it at that time. Their accommodations are very nice, and I am sure they have movies, bingo, and television. I just think they were too expensive.

Thank you for taking the time to share your thoughts about our community. Your feedback is always considered and appreciated!

Kay32 September 29, 2014

Emeritus of Edgewood was for my 93 year old cousin. I feel that she’s very safe there. The facility itself was very nice. It’s a very pretty place, it’s well-kept. It’s in a good area. I just like it. The staff is very friendly and accommodating. Anytime she needs help, they come to help her. They seem to know everyone by name. The food is very good. I’ve eaten there twice at lunch with her. The dining room is very nice; it’s very inviting. There’s a good quantity of food. I feel like the quality was good too. They have bingo, movie night, crafts, and some outings.

very upset relative July 10, 2014

My dad lived in the assisted living for only 4 days before he fell in his room and broke his hip. He had to have surgery and then spent three weeks at a rehab hospital. We were told he did not qualify for the assisted living any longer but that he did quality for their memory care unit. In a matter of two weeks he has fallen and several times that we know of and now is back in the hospital with two compression fractures in his back. They had no call button in his room or bed or chair alarms. They put pads around his bed in case he fell out of it! Twice we had to clean him because he soiled himself and was just sitting in it with no one around. My family made sure one of us was there every day because he was not getting the care we were told that my dad would be getting in the memory unit! Which by the way costs over 2000 more than the assisted living, where he at least had an alarm button if he fell.

Regena January 31, 2014

My mom is happy at Emeritus at Edgewood. It's a wonderful place. The staff were very helpful. They were able to answer all of our questions. They have bingo, a sitting exercise. They have people come in for entertainment. They also have pets; actually they have a pet that runs the halls. We like the location because it's close to all the hospital and they do have a wonderful staff.

Caring82029050 December 30, 2013

Emeritus at Edgewood was fine. I looked into their assisted living facility. Their rooms were fine and very nice. I mainly spoke to the woman who took me around and she gave me a calendar of activities. They have bingo, cards, etc. They also take them out to stores. Overall, it seemed like a nice place.

Lisa64217050 December 23, 2013

My father stayed in Emeritus for about two months for a respite care. The rooms there were spacious. The one-bedroom unit might have been a little smaller, but for what my dad needed, I think it had plenty of room. The dining room seemed a little smaller. I felt like some of the residents have a tough time getting around in their walkers or their wheelchairs. I felt like that could have been opened up a little bit more. Regarding staff, there were plenty of them in Emeritus. They were excellent too. They were patient and helped my dad whenever he needed it. They weren't pushy and they always had a good attitude when they came in even though the job may not have been an easy one on that day. I always felt like they worked wonderfully with my father and they were very patient with him considering that he was not an easy person to work with. They gave him as much attention that he needed without seeming like they were aggravate or anything like that. They were wonderful. I also thought that the residents were clean. My dad never looked like he was unkempt. They helped him with shower whenever he needed that. They offered the comfort of having nurses on staff and that was what he needed at that time. They also gave us a flyer of their activities. They have bingo, movie nights, music nights, and things like that. The food was probably mediocre but I know that with seniors they probably can't make it too fancy because they have to watch different people's diet. I don't think there was anything they could do to improve what they're already doing. It is a good facility.

Doris17 November 27, 2013

One of the reasons why I chose Emeritus is the distance. It is convenient for me. When I had my interview and I talked to the staff there, I felt good about it. The staff seems to like my husband and they give him personal attention. My husband is in the small private room because it is one left at that time but it is adequate. However, if there is an opening we can move to something a little larger we will take it. I like the appearance of the facility. It seems very clean and well organized. I didn't eat there, but I sit with him during meals and the food looks good. He comments that it is good. So, I can say it is satisfactory. They have a chef who prepares the meals. I like that their dining area is set up like a fine dining restaurant. It is inviting and pleasant. The waiters are very personalized. They are very attentive to the residents. They call the residents by their name and they learn what the residents like or don't like. They have activities like trivia games. They have questions everyday on different subjects. They have bingo, a bit of golfing, dancing, social events almost every afternoon like root beer float parties. They have a van that takes them out to shopping and outing to scenic places.

Linda65829750 August 08, 2013

Emeritus at Edgewood had very small apartments. It was very clean though and had very nice staff. I just didn't think my mom needed that much care like what they offered because she can take care of herself right now. We would rather have her in a facility where she could be with other people and not be alone.

Holly4 February 11, 2013

My relative was in Emeritus for a few months. I chose them initially because they have a very good social program and there was always activity. People are either outside or in the community room watching TV or playing games. It was a good social match. The rooms were very nice. The facility is clean and well-maintained. But I wasn't happy with the care she was getting. She would get edema and had to be hospitalized. She wasn't drinking enough fluids, so she would get kidney infection and be hospitalized.

Some of her meds were wrong initially, but I got that straightened out. She was above their level of care when I took her there. By state regulations, she was supposed to be semi-mobile and able to propel herself on a wheelchair to the first floor in case there's fire. That was required for their licensing so they were sanctioned for that. But I was very happy with her nurses and I would rate them very highly as an assisted living facility.

However, they claim to be a personal care facility, which they charge me more and had to pay $135 extra per day to have extra care given to her. But if I needed to go somewhere, I wouldn't mind being there at all. It's very social, the grounds are nice, the interiors are nice, the staff as far as the dining staff are good. The nursing staff seemed to be more dedicated and enjoys it there.

PitterPat68 November 20, 2012

While at Emeritus, I had the chance to visit with residents in the community room. All seemed very happy and engaged in their activities. All of the workers that I met with seemed very caring and kind. As an example, at one point, I noticed a resident trying to go through the doors to the outside. A very nice attendant came over and stopped the person and asked what they were trying to do, where they were trying to go, and other questions to find out what was going on. It was obvious from the resident's replies that she was confused and should not have been going outside. The worker was patient and kind with the resident and gently redirected her to elsewhere in the facility. While I did not visit any patient rooms while there, from my interactions that day, I would definitely consider Emeritus of Edgewood should my family or friends have need of an assisted living facility.

CarolynSue October 13, 2012

The facility is a nice place for someone to live. The staff is always nice to my Grandmother, and she has never complained about them. In fact, she loves most of the nurses there. The amenities are nice, especially in the patients rooms. They are very clean, and the janitorial staff does a very nice job at what they do. The food is decent, it is basically hospital grade food. It seems to be nice sometimes, and okay others. My Grandmother seems to really like where she is staying, and has a decent time with the activities that they have.

From Brookdale Edgewood

Amenities and Services
  • Daily assistance with bathing and dressing
  • Medication management
  • Dining assistance and special diets
  • Assistance with reminders and redirection
  • Escorts and assistance with walking
  • Emergency response call system
  • Laundry and linen service

*Rates subject to change at any time. Level of care not included.

Features of Brookdale Edgewood

• Technology extra: Emergency Call System

• Physical therapy
  • 24 hour nurses: Yes

• Companion suites: We offer companion suites

• Shared space where residents can host parties
  • Features extra: Library

• Arts, woodworking, craft
  • Religious services

• Minimum age: Management Review

• We help with selling the house (finding a realtor. staging, etc)
  • We help families understand VA benefits