Brookdale Buford

4450 Old Hamilton Mill Road, Buford, GA, 30518

Reviews of Brookdale Buford

pw2879 March 09, 2015

My mom, who passed away Jan. 2015, lived here for 5 years. I can't give enough praise for the staff. They treated her as if she were their mom/grandmother and it warmed my heart so much to see how gentle the staff was with not just my mom but all the residents. The facility is always clean and housekeeping did a really nice job keeping my mom's room clean and tidy. My mom would sit outside in their backyard every day and always enjoyed the peace and nature back there. The staff always kept in good contact with me and I always felt secure knowing my mom was in such good care. I highly recommend Brookdale Buford for anyone who has a loved one in need of assisted living. Brookdale will assist and give lots of love!

Debbie97912450 December 05, 2014

Emeritus at Buford is very nice. The room is 13x13ft. She has nice big double window that looks out at the backyard which has a nice covered patio. It has her own bathroom and big double closets. The cost really attracts me. It’s a good price for the service. Unfortunately, she is in memory care so she is limited to the activities that she can do. They take them to a restaurant once a quarter.

Caring79245450 March 31, 2014

Emeritus has a studio up to a 1-bedroom, and to me, the prices are reasonable. The rooms are small, but how much room do you need at that age? Medications are an additional fee, but they do have a health physician for normal stuff. The memory care starts at one level, and then you pay additional fees. I thought that this particular Emeritus felt like a hotel almost. It had a big foyer walking in. Their dining area was very open. They had a lot of people out of their rooms. It seemed really nice, other than the fact that I did think that the rooms were a little small.

Emeritus1 August 10, 2013

The person who took me around was awesome. She was very friendly and she gave me a lot of information, however, I did not have the homey feel with the facility. The place feels a bit old and maybe they need to modernize the place.

Nana9 July 06, 2013

I was so amazed at how clean every area of the home. The staff was very friendly and so willing to help and answer all questions I had. The individual room were spacious and spotless. All the community areas were beautiful and very welcoming. The outside grounds were beautiful and welcoming. I was very impressed. I enrolled my husband that day.

Family1stnlife December 27, 2012

This community is by far the best community in the area. My aunt has been at Brookside for 4 years now and she tells us that she is the happiest that she ever thought she could be there. The staff truly does care and love all of the residents. They treat them just as they were thier own family members. They are professional and respectful at all times. The community is so clean and well kept. My aunt has never been a social person, but the activity director has managed to get her to participate in group activities, which we are all blown away by. The new executive director is the best of any the community has had. She always is interacting with the residents and staff and always available when our family needs to speak with her. She is attentive to our needs and treats us like a priority. I highly recommend this community to any family looking for assisted living.

Tim5 September 27, 2012

I enjoyed my visit they treated me very frienly and with respect. My friend told me they treat her with respect and help her whenever she request for help, they feed her good food and let her enjoy herself. She said her experience there is much better then what she thought it was going to be. She naturally assumed it was going to be a place like they show on tv. but it was the complete opposite. She enjoys herself there, they allow her social time and ime to call family members and time for friends to visit her. I love everything ive seen and heard about this place, i feel great knowing my friend lives here. She seems happy now then she did before she was in there. She has time for herself and they make sure she takes her medication. She doesnt have to worry about trying to remember to take it. They have done an excellent job taking care of my friend, I would recomend this place for anyone who needs assisted living.

bcwatkins September 12, 2012

My mother was a resident at Brookside for almost 2 years when she passed away on 8/20. I don't have the words to express my appreciation to the staff of Brookside. They cared for my mother over and beyond what I expected. The staff is the most remarkable people with very caring and loving hearts. My mother was extremely happy here and called Brookside "Home". Brookside is not one of those assisted living places that is so big you feel like the staff doesn't know the names of the residents. All the staff members know the names of the residents from the Director to the cooks. Brookside is the perfect size if your looking for a place for your Mother or Father.

Tim1 June 22, 2012

I had a great experience because when i got there i had no idea what to expect but after spending time with my friend i realized she was getting excellent care. The staff was very friendly and was rude to my friend. Before going there i thought it was going to be a bad experince because tv shows portray these places in a bad way. My friend was telling me how much she liked having help and how they treat her with respect and care. She said that when she was at her house before coming there she would often forget about taking her medicine but since getting there she hasnt because they make sure to give it to her for her. She said that she hasnt felt this great in 10 years. My honest opinion is that this facility deserves awards because they helped one of my friends feel great and got her spirits up. I have nothing more i can say about this amazing facility and its wonderful staff.

will1 June 13, 2012

My aunt was here for 2 years and she loved it. She enjoyed the activities they planed for her, and the staff treated her very well. The food was good and she always got her medicine on time. I highly recommend this place to anyone who is skeptical of assisted living.

marysu July 28, 2011

My mother was in this facility for the last 3 years of her life. They cared for her during intermediate dementia and broken hip surgery and recovery. The food was good and appropriate for residents' abilities. The social calendar activities inside the facility and field trips were regularly scheduled. There was a pretty garden visible to residents who could not manage to go outside due to health limitations. The staff made available to our family a private room to celebrate our mom's birthday with her special favorite foods we brought in.They kept good records as I got copies of it all after mom died.We are tracking any hereditary features for our family's future generations. Oh, the Director was always amenable to our questions.

From Brookdale Buford

Amenities and Services
  • Daily assistance with bathing and dressing
  • Medication management
  • Dining assistance and special diets
  • Assistance with reminders and redirection
  • Escorts and assistance with walking
  • Emergency response call system
  • Laundry and linen service

*Rates subject to change at any time. Level of care not included.

Features of Brookdale Buford

• Technology extra: Emergency Call System

• Physical therapy
  • 24 hour nurses: 1
  • Hospice care

• Companion suites: We offer companion suites

• Hiking trails
  • Shared space where residents can host parties
  • Features extra: Library

• Arts, woodworking, craft
  • Religious services
  • Book clubs
  • Wii sports competition

• Private services

• Staff patient ratio: 15:1
  • We offer respite care (short term stays)
  • Minimum age: 18

• Licenses: Peersonal Care Home
  • State License(s): PCH007777

• We help families explore other financial options to afford senior living

Location of Brookdale Buford