Independence Village of Brighton Valley

7700 Nemco Way, Brighton, MI, 48116

Reviews of Independence Village of Brighton Valley

Beth3 April 19, 2015

We visited Independence Village. I thought the facility was very nice, but I needed some place for my dad where he could have his dog. That was the only reason we didn't go there. Regarding the staff, everybody was great. The rooms were nice. Security and safety of the place was great.

Carol104017050 March 31, 2015

We loved Independence Village of Brighton Valley. It was more expensive, and they didn't have the grounds for dogs. We would've gone with it, but we were too late to get an apartment on the ground floor. They served their needs. I interviewed the residents during dinner, and they loved it. Not only was it pretty, but the people were great. The staff was very accommodating. You just felt good in there. It was new, clean, and spa like.

Mark105311050 January 30, 2015

We visited Independence Village of Brighton for my mother. The place was very nice. It was more of a retirement home than assisted living. This place was just beautiful inside. Their restaurant is not a cafeteria-style; you actually order off a menu. We ate a meal with them, and the food was wonderful. The facilities were very, very nice. They have larger apartments. You can get a two-bedroom apartment there, and it was very nice. We met with the people, and they seemed to be very dedicated and very nice. We were very impressed with the place. The grounds are nice. They actually have a very nice atrium where they have gardens that you can work in. They have a master gardener that works around. They have lots of activities. They have bingo, they actually have dances for those who are able, and the master gardener held classes there. It seemed to be a very nice place for those that are just getting into the needs for assisted living. I was very impressed with the people we talked to. They seemed to be very caring and nice.

Madeline8 June 11, 2014

Independence Village was beautiful inside. It had high ceilings and decorations. They had a lot of activities there. I had gone there several times, and they had musicians and comedians. They always had open house. It was for my sister, but when it's time for me to go, that would be the place I would like. However, it was expensive.

Caring74617050 November 21, 2013

I like the size of the room at Independence Village and its closeness to his family. The staff is excellent. My father has only had one meal and he liked it. I would recommend Independence Village before I would recommend the others.

Caring72308550 October 24, 2013

Independence Village was really nice. They have a general courtyard in the building. You can look down from any floor and see what's going on down there. They did have two-bedroom units that my mom wanted. The staff there was really nice. They were attentive to the residents. Their food looked really good.

Caring214 1 November 07, 2012

Independence Village has different levels of care. It's a nice place. The residents can come and go as they want.

michka July 11, 2012

I am not very familiar with other facilities like this to compare, but I was pretty impressed with Independence Village and the atmosphere provided to residents. This place is both a retirement community and an assisted living facility, so it seems to offer the best of both worlds for seniors. My aunt's grandmother, who is a resident here with assisted living, has enjoyed her years at this facility and I can see why. The staff seems friendly and knowledgeable. Also, the facilities are clean and kept up - and it doesn't completely feel like an old folks home like many nursing homes I have visited feel like. What we like, and what my aunt's family likes, is that there are plenty of activities for residents to participate in. My aunt's grandmother gets the care she needs without feeling like she is someone's patient. Though she is no longer able to participate in the organized outings, she is still able to get out of her room and participate in on-site activities. She still has her independence, as the name of the community implies.

jennifer tiilikka-birdsall July 06, 2012

The staff was very nice and helpful. The dining room had a great atmosphere and great healthy food, and a variety of menu options. It was clean and bright and well decorated. They had a wide range of activities to create a sense of community for residents.

ashjanine November 19, 2011

I never had a problem with abuse of any sort with this facility while my grandmother was there, but I did have other problems. When it comes to the staff, they are hit or miss. You either had a really excellent nurse, or a horrific one, which I guess is probably true of most places. I also had a lot of trouble with the dining room situation. My grandmother was not use to not cooking for herself, and while the cuisine was okay at best, the way they ran it was crazy. It was run as almost a restaurant. They had teenagers working as the "waitstaff", and it didn't seem as though they were very strict on which teenagers they hired. My grandmother called me upset quite a few times upset with the way she was treated, or how long it took to get served. Each week the residents filled out tickets for each day on what kind of meal, salad, and drink they wanted. They took that to the dining room with them and gave it to their server. The server would then bring them each course. They were not allowed to take tips, so it didnt seem like they tried very hard. And the residents were allowed to have guests to dinner sometimes and the few times I was there, I was hardly impressed with any of it. I think the idea of making it seem like the residents were "going out" to eat was nice, but it could have been accomplished better. The rooms were tiny, but nice enough. The one great thing I can say about the place is I appreciated how the facility was split into two wings. One wing was for the residents that could take care of themselves, and the other was for those that needed taking care of by nurses.

FlyChee June 10, 2011

Visited this facility

I toured this assisted living facility with my parents when we were trying to find a place for my elderly grandparents to live. We really liked the place as it was large and spacious and tastefully decorated. They had two areas, one for people who needed more daily care and one for people who needed less daily care. They have a nice dining room and a nutritious menu. They have staff that could help my grandparents remember to take their medications daily as well as assist them with day to day tasks. They also have a cleaning staff so my grandmother wouldn't have to clean anymore. Activities and outings were planned regularly to help people there form a community and stay fit. The grounds were also well maintained and landscaped. One of the things that struck me most was that the complex was pet friendly so my grandparents would not have to get rid of their dog. All in all I would say it is a great community and a supportive environment for retired people.

From Independence Village of Brighton Valley

Independence Village of Brighton Valley in Brighton, MI, is a senior living community known as the "really nice place on the hill." The community offers both independent living and enhanced living options. A recent resident survey boasted a resident satisfaction rate of over 95 percent, with one resident saying, "I cannot imagine being anywhere else but here."

CARE OPTIONS

Featuring both independent and assisted living options, Independence Village of Brighton Valley is best suited to seniors who have a desire to remain active , as well as for those who may need assistance with daily activities. Assisted living care at the community includes help with bathing, grooming, dressing, medication management and other daily activities.

The independent living option is designed for seniors who are active and who don’t need help with activities of daily living. This program offers residents privacy in their own apartments, but gives them access to daily meals, housekeeping services and other community amenities and features. Those who need a bit more assistance can choose from a variety of affordable options to build their own customized care package.

LOCATION AND FACILITY

The community is located near a variety of shopping, dining and entertainment options for residents to enjoy with visiting family and friends. The nearby St. Joseph Mercy Hospital is available for pressing healthcare needs. While Brighton offers the tranquility of small-town living, Ann Arbor and Detroit are both less than an hour away.

Independence Village of Brighton Valley is home to spacious, furnished apartments in a well-maintained garden setting. There is a large atrium where residents can gather for social events or just to hang out and relax. Residents and their guests can also meet around the fireplace in the community area to chat and stay cozy during the cold winter months. An elegant dining room houses all of the daily meals, offering residents more opportunities to socialize.

Staff members are on-site 24 hours a day to tend to residents' needs and offer friendship and lively conversation. Residents comment that the staff "goes above and beyond" in their duties, making the community a welcoming place to call home.

LIFESTYLE AMENITIES

Independence Village of Brighton Valley boasts numerous amenities to keep residents entertained and improve their quality of life. An in-house chef prepares three nutritious meals daily for all residents. Housekeeping and laundry services are available, and pets are allowed.

The community hosts a variety of activities, social events, educational programs and outings for residents. The community also provides transportation for residents’ trips to local shops or doctor's appointments.

Features of Independence Village of Brighton Valley