Benchmark Senior Living at Billerica Crossings

20 Charnstaffe Lane, Billerica, MA, 01821

Reviews of Benchmark Senior Living at Billerica Crossings

JF December 30, 2013

Billerica Crossings looked like an old farm house. I like the facility because it was a little smaller and not so spread out as some of the other places, plus its only one floor and I liked that. The staff were very good.

LovelyDaughter0000078 December 20, 2013

After my mother passed, my father was quite depressed and lonely. My sister and I both went up and took a tour of Billerica Crossings. We found it to be very nice. My dad had his own little apartment. The rooms were great and they kept them very clean. The food was excellent, too. We even had dinner with them as I went up to visit during the week. I would stay and have dinner with them or we go down for any family functions that they will have.

They're not perfect, they have problems, and everybody does. But they're on top of everything. We were quite pleased with them. Dad stayed for two years, but then he decided he wanted to come home because everyone that he had become friendly with has either moved on to a nursing home or passed away, and he was lonely again. So he moved back home.

Marianne4 June 12, 2013

Billerica Crossings was very nice but very small. The studio apartment was very nice. The food was very good too. The only problem was they were going to relocate my friend to memory care unit and the room they have for her wasn't comfortable with what we wanted.

lo August 12, 2012

My parent is a resident here and i would say that up until this summer we have been very happy with the care. However, there have been major staff changes here recently and key positions are being filled part time by staff from other Benchmark facilities as well as having nurses fill in as activity directors--especially in the memory unit. It is unclear if this is financially driven, or what is going on--but numerous other resident's family members have shared their concerns with us. Ask a lot of questions if you are considering BC and make sure you are getting what you are paying for. On the plus side, the aides have always been loving and involved, but due to a lack of leadership and consistency of staff, what had been an incredibly good facility has gone downhill quickly. Hopefully they can recover, but have been floundering for a couple of months now.

Part of the strength of Benchmark Senior Living comes from our regional resources and local presence. Because of this, we have the ability to support other communities during times of transition. We currently have a very seasoned, tenured Executive Director covering Billerica Crossings while we search for the high caliber leader we require at our buildings. We encourage you to reach out to the Executive Director to discuss your concerns about the staffing and the changes that you have seen.

While we recognize that change is never easy "“ please know that we as a company remain focused on providing our residents with the highest quality of care and programming. We regularly evaluate and re-evaluate staff performance and community procedures through ongoing reviews, action plans, and education. We strive to continually make improvements and your feed-back helps us accomplish that.

We love what we do and are extremely proud of our team and of their dedication to the individual needs of every resident. Thank you for sharing your experiences with us.

jlleighton July 06, 2012

When placing our loved one in an assisted living facility, Billerica Crossings really had everything we were looking for: it was located close to amenities of the community for ease of getting out-and-about for short jaunts, the facility itself was immaculate, and the staff was caring and attentive. We had toured at least half a dozen facilities in the area looking for the perfect fit for our loved one who was beginning to need assistance with the routines of daily life. Each location we saw had some high points and some low points but when we went to Billerica Crossings we had only positive notes from our visit. Each staff member we met gave us complete attention, treating us very warmly and taking time to find out why we were there and outlining some of the benefits we would have at Billerica Crossings. The facility was so well laid out the dining room was very appealing and all of the common spaces were lovely. Everything felt fresh and clean, and just how you would want your loved one to be living and treated. Haverhill Crossings really was a shining star among the assisted living facilities we looked at in the Merrimack Valley.

Kitty Mom June 12, 2012

I ultimate chose Billerica Crossing because it had the best overall experience for my grandmother. They have a friendly staff. They serve the residents all of their meals in a great dining room, and adhere to dietary restrictions. They have daily activities for the residents ranging from morning exercise, to bingo, to a painting class. They also go out outings. Some simple like to a local grocery store to get their necessary toiletries and such, and once a week on a full day outing. They also have movies almost weekly that they show in one of the common rooms. Residents are even allowed to have a pet cat if they so choose. Some of the rooms are private having their own kitchenette and living spaces/bedrooms, plus a bathroom. Others are double rooms with 2 private bedrooms and a shared kitchenette and bathroom. My only real complaint is one that is found at pretty much all facilities of this nature, and that is the understaffment of CNA's. There are only 4 CNA's on duty at any given time. They care for, bathe, give medications, and other tasks for 75-100 residents. This is not enough staff. My personal thought is 1 CNA to every 8-10 residents. The average rent is $4000 a month per resident. At that rent, they should get a little more personalized care. But other than that the facility is fantastic.

From Benchmark Senior Living at Billerica Crossings

At Benchmark Senior Living at Billerica Crossings, residents enjoy attractive apartments, comfortable community rooms, a lovely outdoor patio and garden, and an ever-changing program of social and fitness activities. Assistance with activities of daily living, such as bathing and dressing, along with medication monitoring, is personally tailored to each resident's changing needs and is provided by a caring professional staff.

We provide the best of both worlds--the ability for seniors to remain independent in their own apartment, knowing that help is available 24 hours a day.

Benchmark Senior Living at Billerica Crossings is proud to offer a professionally-trained, licensed and caring staff who work with each resident, their family and their personal physician to develop a Personal Care Plan.

Small intimate setting.

• Physical therapy
  • Hospice care

• Companion suites: We offer companion suites

• General store
  • Shared space where residents can host parties
  • Features extra: Library

• Arts, woodworking, craft
  • Religious services
  • Activities extra: Computer class

• Private services

• Minimum age: 65

• We help families understand VA benefits
  • We help families explore other financial options to afford senior living

Location of Benchmark Senior Living at Billerica Crossings