Independence Village of Avon Lake

345 Lear Road, Avon Lake, OH, 44012

Reviews of Independence Village of Avon Lake

Caring108300250 June 21, 2015

My mom stayed for rehab at Independence Village of Avon Lake. It was a nice, big area, and it was clean. The staff was great. The nurses were attentive. It was very nice. She had her hair done and her nails done, and the food was great. They had a lot of activities. She didn't want to do a whole lot of activities, but she does rehab.

Caring105233850 May 13, 2015

We moved my mom to Independence Village, and we like it very much. She is going to a transition stage, but I think it is going to work out very nicely. One of the things that striked us right away is that there is no smell and just how pleasantly it is decorated. They have a nice lobby. There is a library on the side, a playroom, and a little meeting room. The dining area is like a restaurant.

They have so much to do, and they have two different calendars. You can do things on the independent side or on the assisted living side. It's your choice on what activities you want to do. The people working there are very friendly. We are satisfied with their services. She has a nice window in her room. We moved a bunch of stuff in, and we were surprised that it actually worked out very nicely.

berniee2000 April 30, 2013

They only had a single bedroom and Mom and dad needed a two-bedroom two-bath. They needed to have an approval from the state to do that and that can't be done overnight and they got that done very quickly. Unfortunately since that time, our relationship has deteriorated, between me and Independence Village. One of the reasons is, one of the aide that comes in, she's very efficient, she's like a drill sergeant. My mom is frail and tiny, four foot eight and she weighs ninety pounds. And this drill sergeant is very efficient but she's always in a hurry and you cannot hurry my mother. She just won't have it. I've watched her and she kind of likes pushes Mom down the hall. I've asked them to get another aide but they're short staffed and they can't get someone else. They're training somebody now but it's been two months since my request! So I'm thinking we've got to get them out of there. Sometimes I park in front of the building when I drop them off and it takes time to bring them up and go back to the car since I don't have an assistant. Now they say I can't park there any more and I have to drop them off, park right away and just come back. It's also hard going through the door especially if I have my hands full and have to find the button for handicap unlike the others where they automatically open.

Mr. Blue October 24, 2012

Independence Village is a one of a kind assisted living facility. It is like no other that I have visited. My grandparents are both getting older and they are no longer able to live in their house comfortably. It is just too big and too much for them. The staff at the Independence Village in Avon Lake are well trained and seem to like what they do. They are so cheerful and friendly and both of my grandparents love them. My grandparents have met alot of new friends through this facility and they are now way more active then they were at their house. My grandpa has even learned some new computer skills in their computer lab and my grandma has decided to take up gardening through there! The house keeping staff is totally trustworthy and I don't have to worry about them stealing my grandparents things. I guarantee this place is the place to go for any elderly person.

RGogul November 17, 2011

My cousin for whom I am acting as guardian spent time in their assisted living and independent living sections. I found the facility a graet place for all residents.

From Independence Village of Avon Lake

With our warm and welcoming atmosphere, there’s an immediate feeling of “home” when you enter Independence Village and StoryPoint of Avon Lake. From our stunning lobby to our spacious community areas our dedicated and caring employees are always ready to greet you.

Let us pamper you with our vast array of services and amenities. Whether you’re enjoying a delicious meal prepared by our Executive Chef or visiting with our friendly housekeeping staff as they clean your apartment, you’ll soon discover the magic that is Independence Village and StoryPoint of Avon Lake. We call it family.

Geared toward an active and engaging lifestyle, we attract many visitors with our daily activities and monthly events. In fact, our residents often report being worn out by the time they complete all the activities!

Features of Independence Village of Avon Lake