Sandy Springs Place Assisted Living

Overview of Ratings

4.2

January 05, 2015

By Mary McCoy

My husband and I met several staff members when we visited and all were knowledgeable and extremely helpful. It is a lovely facility and the apartment they showed us for my Mom was very nice with a new chrome refrigerator built into the cabinet in the kitchen at a height easy to reach. The grounds are lovely too. They are very responsive to calls and questions and were willing to work with us.

October 03, 2014

By Cheryl312

My mother lives here. She loves the friendliness of the staff and she thinks the food is delicious. Her family loves that she is well looked after. It was the most affordable option for us and is conveniently located to our family and her physicians.

October 03, 2014

By Walt4

I just had a tour in Emeritus at Sandy Springs. I would say that the lady who took me through was very nice. Their rooms were spacious and nice. However, the negative things about the place were the difficulty to go there in the morning and evening because of the traffic and the difficulty in finding a parking space for the visitors.

August 29, 2014

Emeritus is where my brother at. It is the only place we could afford that had an opening. This is the cheapest one in Atlanta; it's small, but it’s clean. It has everything he needs. It's handicap-equipped and it’s the best we could find. The staff was fine; they were very helpful and they did everything they were supposed to do. The dining room is very attractive and has a nice view. They are a lot of choices and the food was good -- they can even bring it to you. They have all sorts of activities such as movies and trips out for lunch. He is in independent-living and they can take him places all the time. They have card games and they take him to church. What I really like best is the price, but I hope they can improve on the front door as it doesn't have easy access for the handicapped, but it works.

August 28, 2014

By Donna84313750

My mother loves Emeritus at Sandy Springs. The transition was great. I think she is doing really well there. She doesn't have any complaints with the food at all. The only thing that she said to me is that she feels like there are too many residents per staff. Not because they haven't done anything for her, she just feels they have them stretched too thin. Also, there are a lot of issues with communication. My mom is deaf, so I think it was just more of the staff getting to know her and realizing that she has to look at them because she reads lips. However, so far, it has been great. Nobody is perfect, but they have come very close. I'm very happy with it. With my mother being so far away from me so I can't actually check on her, it gives me great comfort to know that she is in good hands and that they're taking care of her.

August 12, 2014

By dmoe

If you are looking for a facility that treats your love ones like their own this is the place. I have called and took tours to other places but Emeritus hands down showed me from the start that they really care about their residents well being. My dad means a lot to me and they showed us that we wouldn't have any worries. When I did my tour I felt that the staff takes pride in making sure my dad was and continues to stay happy. That gave us a piece knowing that they go the extra mile for our dad and all the residents that we have met. It took me some time before I posted this because of past experiences with other facilities but I want thank you guys at Emeritus for the time and care they put into my dad.

June 08, 2014

By Tim Rappleye

My father, a resident at Sandy Springs, recently fell ill and required a trip to the local hospital. He spent three days away from Sandy Springs, with no family members in the vicinity to check on him. Entirely unsolicited, a staff member of Sandy Springs took it upon herself to visit and comfort my father at the hospital. I learned of this while speaking to the employee as we tried to arrange a pickup at the hospital to return my father. That same employee took it upon herself to pick up my father, really saving the day on a variety of levels. Extending one's self in such a manner is entirely genuine, supporting all claims that the staff at Emeritus Sandy Springs is an extension of family. I'm not sure every member of Dad's family would have extended themselves in such a manner. If there were a 6th star I would have gladly given it to Emeritus based on such an act of kindness.

November 20, 2012

By Carol Jenkins

Emeritus was very resourceful. I enjoyed their professionalism and the cleanliness. They were more than glad to give us a tour of the facility and speak with my parents concerning healthcare insurance that was accepted with their facility. They offered many amnesties are associated with Emeritus that includes spacious living, individualized care, and short-stay respite. The medical staff is available on a 24 hour 7 day a week basis. My parents were impressed with the personal emergency response that also comes along with your living quarters through the push of a button. This added extra assurance to my parents about putting my granddad in a care facility. I liked the landscape as well because it gives the residents a tranquil feel that includes a lake that has ducks that are there for feeding. They are also experienced in working with individuals with Alzheimer's. That was a plus because my granddad is at the beginning stages of the disease.

July 23, 2012

By Christopher B

I went to this facility to visit several of the residents to ray for them. I have had the privilege of going to several of the facilities to talk with some of the residents. The first thing I noticed about this facility was the fact that it was nice and clean. The staff were very friendly and easy to talk to. Despite the amount of residents at the facility, the staff were able to handle the specific needs of each individual person there. This would be a facility that I would definitely recommend for others to go to. The size of the rooms were definitely a plus! There was also alot for the residents to do, bingo being one of the main attractions. They will definitely not be bored here nor will they be under-cared for. This is the place you want to leave your family if they are in the area!

May 18, 2012

By emily1

They were very nice. The rooms were huge and my stepmother was very comfortable. The staff was very cheery and made her feel very good about herself. I did a lot of research before we sent her there and they seemed to be the best and the cleanest. The doctors there were very knowledgeable about her conditions and made me feel more comfortable about leaving her there. Overall, this very emotional experience could have been terrible. Instead, the whole thing went as smoothly as possible. She felt like the staff there were her friends. She was very comfortable which was strange considering she is not the nicest, open person. She was very set in her ways. She seemed brighter when we brought her there. Almost like she was at peace with the way things were going. The sense of peace that we all got from the experience is almost overwhelming.

April 14, 2012

By mthom106

Emeritus is a wonderful assisted living home, in my opinion. The rooms are very spacious and the amenities are amazing. If I was in need of moving into an assisted living facility, Emeritus is definitely where I would highly consider moving into and living at. The staff is wonderful, attentive, kind and very knowledgable. There are many sitting areas all throughout the building and on both floors. Many sitting areas have televisions or other means of entertainment for leisure time. There is a garden room that you go through to get out to the fenced in garden area. The garden area is completely fenced in for dogs. There's a pond with fish, sitting areas and smoking receptacles in the garden. The garden room has a full refrigerator, full kitchen, counter space and multiple tables with 4 chairs at each. There is also plenty of free space. All in all, Emeritus is a great facility and I am very pleased that this is the place that my grandmother is living in!

August 16, 2011

By brittjones51

I stayed overnight with my aunt who suffered from hip surgery and memory loss. They had twenty four nurses available every hour the nurse came in to check up on her and make sure she was doing alright.

August 12, 2011

By zack2011

I recommend this place. I have an aunt that is a resident and whenever I visit her she tells me how wonderful everything is. When i visit i notice staff members taking care of the seniors individually and meeting there needs. I saw most of the seniors playing Bingo, karaoke but Aunt was more interested in the television and playing board games.

Features of Sandy Springs Place

• Minimum Rate: $1995/month

• State Licenses: PCH001917

About Sandy Springs Place

Sandy Springs Place is an assisted living facility in Atlanta, GA that offers residents independent living options and daily support services. Contact Sandy Springs Place for more details on housing, services, and rates.

Map of Sandy Springs Place