What does skin cancer look like?

Mark dean asked...

What does skin cancer look like?

Lenoraparker answered...

I was asking what it looks like since I don't know what to look for.

Kath mcgill answered...

There are many types of skin cancer and they all look different. What your looking for though is changing in the skin or the moles that you have. If they darken or grow, or just show up someday, get it checked out. Everyone should have a full body screening by a dermatologist at least once a year.

While Most skin cancers are treatable , there are some like Melanoma that have no cure, and can spread through out the body swifty. What you can do, Stay out of the sun- use sun screen and take care of your skin. Note changes and DO NOT WAIT if you see something that concerns you. Go to the dr.

Symptoms for Skin cancer, (what you will feel).. Pretty much you feel run down. you cant explain why or how, you just don't feel well at all. That may be the only symptom.

Please don't think because you don't sit in the sun that you can't possibly get skin cancer- the potential for skin cancer is in everyone, its just our bodys immune system that is fighting it back on a daily basis, and there are a great number of people who have never been in the sun and still die from it every year.

last, You can't be paranoid about it ether. Live your life, Just live well.

Cedercreek answered...

I was treated last year for skin cancer. The Dr. said that little dry patches that won't go away, moles that change shape or grow, also I could find a couple of areas on my chest that felt like little stinging bites and they were not noticeable visibly. If in doubt..please check it out.

Salalisa answered...

Check out pictures on this site... http://www.mayoclinic.com/health/melanoma/DS00575

Jacque6922 answered...

I learned the ABCD rule of melanoma: A Asymmetry of a mole or birthmark B Border the border of a mole or birthmark is irregular C Color the color is uneven or changes D Diameter if the size is greater than 6mm.

That's what my Internest told me years ago.

Obviously, if you have a new BUMP it might be cause for concern..When in doubt ASK your Dr. and know that you are asking for an opinion and you need to always follow your gut when processing information from any health care professional.. If it doesn't seem right, it never hurts to ask for a second opinion...