How else can I control insulin resistance?

I have been diagnosed with insulin resistance. I am a 60 year old female, very physically fit, eat very healthy, no simple carbohydrates such as white bread, pasta, rice or anything with sugar and exercise 5-6 times a week for 1-2 hours each time with a combination of cardio and weight training. I take 100 ml of Januvia every morning but I still have a fasting blood glucose of 120-140 each morning. I don't know what else I can do.

Reading your letter, it sounds like you are really taking care of yourself.  Your eating right, exercising, and limiting your carbohydrates.  However, one thing you cannot control or change is your genes.  Insulin resistance (diabetes) does have a genetic basis.  Therefore, you could be doing everything you can to control your sugars, but still may have a elevated morning blood sugar.  As long as you are doing all that you can to control your weight, sugar intake, and keep exercising, that is the best you can do. 

One last note: don't get discouraged!  Continue your healthy habits, as this will help keep you from progressing with your diabetes.  It may help prevent some of the complications of uncontrolled diabetes, including kidney problems, vision problems, or circulation issues.